2008.01.08 Court Hearings Discussion

I wonder if Jose would have saved a lot of money by simply deposing people hizzownbadself.

There were a couple of times I thought it was interesting that JB would ask for something and the State had to stand up and say they themselves do not have the information. Whether he got the info or not, what he now knows is that they don't have it in their possession at the moment. Pretty clever, if you ask me. Sure, they could be getting information from the testing facilities, but they don't have their comprehensive case compiled yet.

Someone suggested they heard that JB wanted to move forward with a trial date asap. Now that he's got information that the State doesn't have their case set, I'd be doing it myownself.

I really like the SA. Her comments about OCSO not being compelled to compile a document for the defense because the defense wants them to goes into my priceless list of quotes from her.

Ditto and how many hearings of these have we sat throught where we heard the same things....we don't have it...not in our control....feel free to come in and copy.....Baez wants everything done for him. And he didn't even stand at least one time while speaking to the judge. That is law101. Geeze.

RR said several Youtube videos of the hearing were going to be posted? Does any one have a link to the video where KC appears in. I tried to find it in the other 46 page thread but no luck!
scroll up

Yep, I was a little relieved to hear it wasn't George & Cindy holding up the funeral.

So a possible stranger to Casey up until July is handling her babies funeral instead of family.....unreal!!!

Sorry I don't mean to be a pain, but where are you guys able to view KC in court??

So, I asked this in the first thread about finger prints. I'm at work and didn't want to turn the sound up too much, so I take it that they do have finger prints on the duct tape????? is this correct? I've always wondered about that..

I for one, did not hear it that way. I understood that the finger prints were for the purpose of ruling someone in or out on any possible finds...anyone else hear it differently?

I did too. Bet that made Cindy furious. Of course she can't communicate with Casey to tell her so.

Maybe ..just maybe the ...the friction/dysfunction of trying to "out-spiteful witch" and all the "control issues" between Cindy & Casey are still ongoing and that's why the grandparents didn't go to court today.

ahhhh I hope so, a girl can dream

I am beginning to think there is a major division in the A camp. Baez having custody of her remains re-enforces that feeling. Wonder who will be the first under the bus?

And the fact that the A's weren't in court today just to see her. They had plenty of time to get there I would think.

Casey had to have authorized it. Jose stated in court he was made responsible for Caylee's remains. Heard it with my own ears.

That is very revealing! Why would that be done? I wonder what the implications are. This is huge.

The perp didn't release them to the family. Wow!

I am beginning to think there is a major division in the A camp. Baez having custody of her remains re-enforces that feeling. Wonder who will be the first under the bus?

That is my thinking. Especially after no tears at mention of remains. Nothing at mention of bags, duct tape. Slight nearly happy downward upward, back to JB look at mention of family DNA and prints.

Dr. Lee supposedly said yesterday they want the state's reports first. That it would be worse to bury her, find something in the reports they want to verify or dispute and have to dig her up again. My paraphrase.

Could he mean reports from the FBI--which state of FL has no control?

Not sure I'm undersatanding this right!

I for one, did not hear it that way. I understood that the finger prints were for the purpose of ruling someone in or out on any possible finds...anyone else hear it differently?

The state said they don't have the fingerprint reports for G/C/L, that the FBI does and that if there are fingerprints in the duct tape or on the bags Baez will get copies of those reports when they become available.

Every item that he asked for told the SA a lot about possible defense stratagey, as well as his strengths and weaknesses. His arguments also told them a lot. No matter whether he got the item or not.

My only hope is that they don't decide that he is a Bumbling Fool and they underestimate him. When it comes to trial he will have the other attorneys there and the whole defense attitude could change.

If he's simply playing a the part..he deserves an Oscar!

So Baez is responsible now for Caylee not having a proper funeral. Amazing what you find out during these hearings.

Casey had to have authorized it. Jose stated in court he was made responsible for Caylee's remains. Heard it with my own ears.

I too heard him say he had 'received responsibility' for Caylee's remains or something along those lines. I wondered what he meant. Isn't that sort of a conflict of interests? Since he's defending the person accused of murdering Caylee?

Glad the judge ordered Casey to appear in court today to confirm whether she had in fact, waived her right to be present at this pre-trial hearing.

DT

And the fact that the A's weren't in court today just to see her. They had plenty of time to get there I would think.

Not really. The prosecution requested that she be there and the judge ordered KC brought in. It took about 35/40 minutes or so. No one not even JB knew this was going to happen.

Not a commentary on KC's appearance, but sub-text to why SA wanted her to appear:

I'm fairly sure the SA wanted to see KC as much as we did, and they and LE will watch those tapes very closely themselves to watch for physical changes, facial reactions, nervous ticks, and big smiles.

Thank you, PattyG! :blowkiss:

That is very revealing! Why would that be done? I wonder what the implications are. This is huge.

The perp didn't release them to the family. Wow!

Because CASEY needs those remains for her defense. She also has the need to ALWAYS have the control. Part of me wonders if she isn't still jealous of her daughter.Even in death, it's my opinion she doesn't want Caylee to get more attention than her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back