2008.08.17 Items Found by Searchers in Wooded Area

Unable to locate video showing surroundings, but, from images available, narrowing to...

Slide1-32.jpg

See the three blue buildings on the upper part of the screen? Look at the third building from the left (the right-most building).

Go right with your arrow and down near the sidewalk/parking lot or expand your red circle up more.

This is where I heard the pink bag, blue bag, etc., was found. You could see it from the downed big log that was cut in half (and unless they moved it I bet the log is still sitting there!).

Like I mentioned in a post before it is very close to the restrooms (60-80 feet) and the parking lot (approx. 20-30 feet) as I recall.

It would be approximately the same distance from the road as Caylee's body was found if you would like a comparison...

Glad to help, Unsolved. Yes...this is very close to Amscot, which is just off the left (west) side of the larger image posted above...just a few blocks really. Google Maps keeps locking up on me this morning, but, by visual measure using the scale on the screen it is <1mile from Amscot to Econ Soccer Complex, and ~4miles from Tony's apt. to the Econ Soccer Complex, FWIW.

Thanks for the kind words, Hoping. That is the level of detail I'm after with this prodding. I dunno if these items are connected or not...but being child & adult items & being Casey's size jeans...well...I just can't ignore the opportunity to explore it further. I dunno how close/far they were from the asphalt yet...or on which side of the complex lot they were.

I was unable to find the active video clip that first aired on Fox from which I believe the still images we still have were taken. The video still exists in a few places, but, when attempting to play it I get nothing...or a broken link. From memory there was a shot in the video and/or some other still images of the find looking down what appeared to be a street...where there was a slight drop off down the curb and perhaps some timbers laying on the ground parallel to the street. I may also be confusing the timbers for just some fallen tree @ the clearing/entrance to the area in the woods in which the items were found. Difficult from memory...since I may be inserting this fragment of a memory from something else...or it could've even been stock footage of the park unrelated to the find. After looking @ the Econ complex layout I am tempted to think the view was one looking from west to east down the cul de sac of parking spaces toward the soccer field...with the south side of that curb being shown...implying the find was in the woods on the south side of the restrooms & pavillion. I don't recall seeing the fence that is in the background of the cruiser & SUV that is shown in the still image collecting the evidence. I do recall a wider shot of the officer walking over to his SUV w/ the bags...which should indicate the direction of the find relative to his vehicle...best clue we could have IMHO...short of someone that was there.

Here's the thing. These 'backpack' items could be just as easily have been discarded in a grab & toss burglary...taken from a car in the parking lot...or from the pavillion area. Crook/kid grabs them and runs...rifles through them quickly under the cover of the trees...looking for a wallet, keys, cash, etc...then discards them. It would've been nice if someone had come forward to identify these items soon after they were found 8/17 if this was the case....but, then again...traveling soccer leagues...peeps not from the area not following the case, etc.

I'd also like to know exactly where Nicole G. was found, and where her car was the second week in June. As has been speculated, if it was in this same area there was a decent search done @ that time and these 'backpack' items would've likely been secured during that search...not available to be found 8/17.

Are there locker rooms/showers in this pavillion/restroom facility? These would be a huge asset to someone having just bagged a decomposing body.

I'm rambling. But looking @ sleuthing opportunities that bring the details of critical events into a new light helps me look for things I've missed before.

Appreciate any/all contributions to the effort.

It could have been a homeless person's stash (as it was so close to the facilities and under a bit of a canopy of trees). Or it could have been lazy Casey dumping some stinky clothes from her trunk.

The tree you were thinking of was still there after the items were collected. As I remember the log was cut in half and near the clearing of trees and shrubs. I bet the log is still there if you guys are dying to know the exact location of the find.

I can tell you it was really near the facilities and really near the parking lot. I don't recall seeing a lot of trash in the area (and there are trash cans so maybe that explains the lack of trash).

But I keep coming back to many of the items being running items (running black and white tank, the running shirt with logos (with TrackShack), etc.

And if these items were now deemed to have something to do with the case wouldn't Wyatt or Joe (whoever was in that original group) be on the State's witness list to establish the chain of evidence? Since they are not on there that makes me think the find does not pertain to Casey's case.

What has become of all these items?

Were they inspected and dismissed by LE?

If not, why is there no mention in evidence lists?

See the three blue buildings on the upper part of the screen? Look at the third building from the left (the right-most building).

Go right with your arrow and down near the sidewalk/parking lot or expand your red circle up more.

This is where I heard the pink bag, blue bag, etc., was found. You could see it from the downed big log that was cut in half (and unless they moved it I bet the log is still sitting there!).

Like I mentioned in a post before it is very close to the restrooms (60-80 feet) and the parking lot (approx. 20-30 feet) as I recall.

It would be approximately the same distance from the road as Caylee's body was found if you would like a comparison...

:clap: Big TY, Theonly1. :thumb: ...if for no other reason than to preserve my sanity :) Uploading an updated image to reflect how I understand your directions.

Slide1-33.jpg

But I keep coming back to many of the items being running items (running black and white tank, the running shirt with logos (with TrackShack), etc.

And if these items were now deemed to have something to do with the case wouldn't Wyatt or Joe (whoever was in that original group) be on the State's witness list to establish the chain of evidence? Since they are not on there that makes me think the find does not pertain to Casey's case.
*snipped*

Thanks, Theonly...I completely undertand they seem to be unrelated. This was just something that was gnawing at me IYKWIM. I was noodlin' about the possibilities of Casey maybe utilizing the facilities @ Econ and realized I was 'in the dark' about the exact location of these items being found...connected or not. Thanks, again.

:clap: Big TY, Theonly1. :thumb: ...if for no other reason than to preserve my sanity :) Uploading an updated image to reflect how I understand your directions.

Slide1-33.jpg

Yes, this is the general area. You could make the circle a smidge wider because without being on the ground I can't see from here whether it was a millimeter more right and down or not. But YES, this is the area!

(As I remember) if you take the far right parking space (under the third building) and made the bottom of your circle parallel with the bottom of that space (if you pulled your car into the parking space) it would be more in my mind the area. It is in that sort of whitish/sandy color area at the tree line.

What has become of all these items?

Were they inspected and dismissed by LE?

If not, why is there no mention in evidence lists?

I know, HP, I'm still wondering too. :) Hopefully LE ran every possible test on them. (They did take them in, but the media reports at the time just said that they were "thought to be unrelated", then nothing more after that. :()

thanks for the map, Bond and Musikman! so Chickasaw Trail runs right down from the park also? Where along Chickasaw did Chris S think he saw Casey running that time? Was it Chris or who was it, it's been too long. Or do I have the whole street/trail wrong?:crazy:

It could have been a homeless person's stash (as it was so close to the facilities and under a bit of a canopy of trees). Or it could have been lazy Casey dumping some stinky clothes from her trunk.
Or anybody dumping stuff of Caylee's or KC's, whether during cleanup of the Pontiac or not. Or maybe having to do with changing in those restrooms, as suggested above....well, it's interesting. Wonder whose they will turn out to be. And why would bits and pieces be scattered in different locations in the park, I wonder. Do you know if the panties were found hanging on the chain link fence as shown in the picture, or were they on the ground when they were found? From everything I've heard there was no noticeable decomp smell or anything, right?

The tree you were thinking of was still there after the items were collected. As I remember the log was cut in half and near the clearing of trees and shrubs. I bet the log is still there if you guys are dying to know the exact location of the find.

I can tell you it was really near the facilities and really near the parking lot. I don't recall seeing a lot of trash in the area (and there are trash cans so maybe that explains the lack of trash).

thanks, TheOnly1

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/p...Samidizzle.jpg

anybody find any more info about Samantha H? I just see her still as a contact of course on the friends' facebook pages (Annie, Melina, Shaune H, Jeff H, Chris S., etc. ) Anybody find any more old pictures or any other info, please share a link (we can't post her picture itself). thanks :)

hey, why is that link not going to the picture now all of a sudden? It was working fine a couple days ago when I posted it here. I tinypic-posted the picture itself here at the time too, but it got removed. Weird, what happened to the link.

Hey, it's still working on page 9 of this thread, I don't know why but there it is. (Sam H in a black-white v-neck tank top) .
The pink duffle bag does look so much like the camo pattern posted here top of page 9, wow, thanks you guys.

The pink item itself looks like it does have a pink care bear and a small white rabbit on it (thanks JJGram!). I don't recognize the rabbit as a known character, do you? Looks more like just a cute white unknown bunny, but the pink face does look like a care bear to me now that you point it out.

I see what magic-cat meant about the blue item under the dark blue item, it does look like the color of the blue dress (hot body contest dress). Then what do you guys think about the items that look like dark colored jeans, guys' jeans, shorts, or what?

Update on items:

The black and white top was more of a casual top, and could have appeared nicer than it was. The texture of the top makes one think of more of a recreation or running top. The top and all items in the woods were found on Saturday. However, the panties were found on the fence nearby on Sunday (and either were not there on Saturday, went unnoticed, or were left there later).

Re: Pink and Blue "backpacks"

Were sacks rather than back packs--probably tent sacks, or laundry sacks.

For what it's worth...

The tank top on Samantha in the photo also looks like a sports/running top.

Thank you for all the information about the search and these items Only1 .

Update on items:

The black and white top was more of a casual top, and could have appeared nicer than it was. The texture of the top makes one think of more of a recreation or running top. The top and all items in the woods were found on Saturday. However, the panties were found on the fence nearby on Sunday (and either were not there on Saturday, went unnoticed, or were left there later).

Re: Pink and Blue "backpacks"

Were sacks rather than back packs--probably tent sacks, or laundry sacks.

For what it's worth...

Thanks again, TheOnly1. That one pic of the officer carrying the items by their 'drawstrings' (best description that comes to mind) does show what you are talking about re: these not being backpacks. Appreciate the clarification.

Can you shed any light on the child's clothing items that were with the find? IIRC, information was given on the women's pants that were found (e.g. size 5) but nothing on the child's clothing that, IIRC, was also found w/ these things.

TIA.

Thanks again, TheOnly1. That one pic of the officer carrying the items by their 'drawstrings' (best description that comes to mind) does show what you are talking about re: these not being backpacks. Appreciate the clarification.

Can you shed any light on the child's clothing items that were with the find? IIRC, information was given on the women's pants that were found (e.g. size 5) but nothing on the child's clothing that, IIRC, was also found w/ these things.

TIA.

I can inquire but as I was not one of the searchers I don't know the answer to that question.

I have been to the location (after the fact) and I did see all the pictures posted on the Internet soon after the find. I don't recall which pictures were children's clothing or if they were in the bags. I don't even think the searchers looked in the bags.

I can inquire but as I was not one of the searchers I don't know the answer to that question.

I have been to the location (after the fact) and I did see all the pictures posted on the Internet soon after the find. I don't recall which pictures were children's clothing or if they were in the bags. I don't even think the searchers looked in the bags.

Thanks, TheOnly. Just to be clear. I never did see any pics of children's clothing...just reference to them in reports, IIRC. Emphasis on the IIRC.

Interesting to note that this location is so very close to Amscott. All pings near Amscott-I wonder did she "hang" here?

The talk of fibers, shoes, etc, has renewed my interest in this thread (it was always one of my favorites, anyway ;) ).

On the flip flops thread, there was more discussion about the yellow shoe, etc, see Cocoamom's post #4

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80160"]Casey's flip flops and shoes - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Cocoamom was pointing out the flip flops taken from Casey's closet with the flowers on them, very similar in style to the yellow shoe found at J Blanchard

the shoes taken from the home, scroll down til you see the pink flip flops, the flowered ones are near those. Thanks, Cocoamom :)
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set10/indexGallery.htm

Bump for discussion about items found and discussed by posters.
Now you can see why it is so great to be able to find things months later. We can compare old information to information being revealed and see how they compare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203
Back