2009.01.08 Two Hearings 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Baez say that he is in control of Caylee's remains, and does that mean that he will be taking care of the funeral.

He said he had taken legal responsibility for them, yes. I would assume that means he will sign that over to G/C when he feels it is time to do so. MOO

Originally Posted by DotsEyes
Motions to Compel:

Kronks unedited 911, etc., calls. Granted.
Crime scene photos. Granted - 10 days to produce.
Items from crime scene. Granted. 30 days to produce.
Investigation reports on all ZG's. Denied. State produces all they have.
DNA reports on GA,CA,LA. Granted. 30 days to produce.
Fingerprints of GA,CA, LA. Denied without prejudice. FBI or Sheriff has them.
Timeline caendar of LE with AL. Granted. 15 days to produce.
Hair for testing and all reports. Granted. 20 days to produce. No destructive testing.
Maps of LE searches. Granted. State has 10 days to look for them.
Release of 8/14 video visit of CA and GA. Granted. 10 days to produce.
Release of LE interviews with GA,CA,LA made after 7/16 and before 7/30. Granted.
Subpoena duces tecum to TES. No action taken.
Crime scene photos and reports from car. Granted. 30 days to produce.
Search warrant affidavits of 12/11 and 12/20. Granted. 10 days to produce.
Polygraph results.Deferred pending memos of law as to discoverability.

Status conference set for 1/15 will be re-set as SA is unavailable.
Approach. Change of venue. ...disclose location. All I heard.

"It's a wrap" big smile from KC.

God luv ya, thanks DotsEyes, you rock!! :blowkiss:

wftv is reporting that Baez wants the trial to move ahead as soon as possible. He must have some big plan to win the case with his experts. No trial date has been set it says also.

So Baez virtually won all his motions and the judge didn't put any restrictions on the autopsy photos etc. I still don't know why the prosecution has been holding out on all this info. Makes them look bad and like they are being shifty and unfair. They should have turned it over. JB winning all these motions doesn't make the state look good.

Were you able to watch the hearing? It wasn't as cut and dried as it sounded. A few of the motions granted were because the SA said she would look into it and try to accomodate the def., even though it wasn't something that was necessarily their job. Like the maps of all the areas searched, SA pointed out she was unaware of any maps retained, the motion was very broad asking for every area searched, she felt def. actually wanted info on the searches done where the remains ended up being found, Baez agreed, she said she wanted that info, too, so she would look into it and give him anything she got. Had she not done that, I believe that motion as written would have been denied, because it was a ridiculous motion. The car evidence, Baez wanted the reports done by the techs, according to SA, the techs don't even have to write reports, it isn't required, yet they do it as a courtesy. They were written up and waiting on approval by a supervisor when the remains were found, so they then were adding to the reports. She offered to try to get them as incomplete, or he could wait until they were finished. Etc. etc.
Lanie

What outbursts ? They were able to control themselves at the bond hearing, in multiple jail interviews, when she was taken from their home in cuffs and on the day she was arrested for murder. IIMO, if they had wanted to be there, they would have come.

I imagine they aren't going to see her at the courthouse for the same reason they are not visiting her at jail--upon the advisement of attorney. JMO

So Baez virtually won all his motions and the judge didn't put any restrictions on the autopsy photos etc. I still don't know why the prosecution has been holding out on all this info. Makes them look bad and like they are being shifty and unfair. They should have turned it over. JB winning all these motions doesn't make the state look good.

In any trial one side will try to do something and the other side will try to stop them. The judge will usually rule for the defense unless the defense fails to present a good argument or the thing they are trying to do has been previously denied in a trial and stood up to challenges.

It doesn't have anything to do with how good or bad the state is. Many of those motions the state objected to, they knew they would lose. But they had to object in order to make JB present his argument to get them in. Besides the more that JB presents his arguments and objections the more he tells the state about what his strategy is.

IIRC the SA is going to produce the interview to the judge (oral or written), he will listen/read and rule latter what will be heard.They did not say the date, but did say the interview was hours long. Nothing else about PI's that I can think of right now.

I saw Casey snicker a little at one point and I'm thinking it was at THIS point..right after they said it was Hours long.
Anyone else see that?

Right after that co=counsel turned to her and said something and she resumed her "attentive" expression.

Ditto. I wonder if the people making all the catty remarks also teach their children that it's ok to make fun of people's weight, their ears, their looks in general if they don't like them.

I thought this was Websleuths, not Webcattiness. I don't particularly like Casey either, but I'm not going to bash her for her weight or her nose size. That's immature and mean-spirited.
I can only speak for myself, of course, but the amount of hatred that I felt seeing Casey for the first time in months, the first time since they found and identified poor Caylee, did elicit from me a whole lot of expletives that I never would have guessed I even knew. People express their anger in many different ways. Instead of yelling that she is a waste of a human being they say she's fat. Oh well.

JB seemed surprised to hear that DC had already voluntarily gone and talked to LE. At first, it was agreed the motion was moot, as a result. JB later came back and asked that the info given to LE by DC not be turned over to the prosecutors, who are opposing counsel in the case, until the judge had reviewed it in camera to see if it revealed A/C privileged stuff.

I was hoping that people weren't being mean just for the sake of being mean. I don't like her any more than anyone else, but it has nothing to do with her looks. Oh, guess what...I have a big nose, too. You guys wanna pick on me for a while? Oh, and I have bad skin, too. I'm not fat, but I'm sure I've got some cellulite that would make a good topic of conversation. None of these things, however, have anything to do with me as a person and whether I am a good mom, a serial killer or anything in between.

I know what you mean. I have a big nose too and "ugly moles" on my face, like someone said about Casey. I guess some people are naturally vindictive.

Whatever. I'm not surprised that the judge granted the motions..why wouldn't he?

I agree with your post... I see a different person, too. It's funny how we all view what we see. LOL.. some people see her smirking and putting on a act, I simply see her as sad, nervous. She looks empty inside, but healthy looking. She doesn't look like she was sitting in jail for months.

That was my take on her too, though sitting in jail doesn't necessarily make one look unhealthy unless they aren't eating. She looks young...very young...compared to the made up partying KC we are used to seeing.

[/B]

Bold Me
IMO she seems defiant
She was defiant at times in her LE interrogation.

Yes, it could be defiance. It's hard for me to read her face today.

I bet she shot JB a deadly glare when he went out to talk to her after she was brought in from the jail. Bet I could have read that look.

greetings - I have the full hearing taped and am uploading to YouTube. Given it was an almost 3 hour hearing, there will be several mini videos, as YouTube only allows for 10 minute video segments. Will post a link when finished uploading.
Thanks, FK.

Thank you DotsEyes, Crabcake, and FloridaKatz! :blowkiss:

My facination with her appearance (not exactly that) but it was because we haven't seen in her a while. Was/is she pregnant - as the rumors have been flying. And her nose has gotten bigger...not that she had a big one or not...its like someones nose suddenly getting an inch longer. I swear it wasn't like that before. Other than that....that's all my comments were.

JB seemed surprised to hear that DC had already voluntarily gone and talked to LE. At first, it was agreed the motion was moot, as a result. JB later came back and asked that the info given to LE by DC not be turned over to the prosecutors, who are opposing counsel in the case, until the judge had reviewed it in camera to see if it revealed A/C privileged stuff.
??? Well, if LE has the info...don't they represent the State?

My facination with her appearance (not exactly that) but it was because we haven't seen in her a while. Was/is she pregnant - as the rumors have been flying. And her nose has gotten bigger...not that she had a big one or not...its like someones nose suddenly getting an inch longer. I swear it wasn't like that before. Other than that....that's all my comments were.
...that's a pretty accurate picture IMO.

I saw Casey snicker a little at one point and I'm thinking it was at THIS point..right after they said it was Hours long.
Anyone else see that?

Right after that co=counsel turned to her and said something and she resumed her "attentive" expression.

Yeah I saw that too and I was thinking...umm whats so funny about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member