2011.03.17 -SA Body Search and Search Of Grandmothers Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they have gotten the Warrant for his body Knowing he was at BD's and that is why it is from that county??

And the stuff they wanted from his body is for the HD case???:waitasec:

FYI:

Shawns mother lives in Big Springs. Howard County. (Child *advertiser censored* found)
Billie Dunn lives in Colorado City. Mitchell County
Shawn's Grandmother lives in Dunn. Scurry County.

Also why the "H" didn't they take DNA from day one????? Here in FL they take DNA in every missing person case of all people who were in last contact with missing person...

Maybe he refused...IIRC they did take a buccal swab of CD.

FYI:

Shawns mother lives in Big Springs. Howard County. (Child *advertiser censored* found)

I thought the *advertiser censored* was found on the grandmother's computer???

FYI:

I thought the *advertiser censored* was found on the grandmother's computer???

His Grandmother's house was the one searched last night. No word yet on what was found.

Thank you all SOOOO much.... I was all Turned around on all the Counties and Residences...
:panic:

Thank you all SOOOO much.... I was all Turned around on all the Counties and Residences...
:panic:

Me, too. And, know that I know the *advertiser censored* was found on the mom's computer, it makes perfect sense to me that the SW came from Howard. Don't know why I thought it was the grandma's computer??? :)

Me, too. And, know that I know the *advertiser censored* was found on the mom's computer, it makes perfect sense to me that the SW came from Howard. Don't know why I thought it was the grandma's computer??? :)

The video from last night's search at the grandmother's house in Dunn showed officers carrying out what looked like either an xbox, external hard drive, or computer drive. So, I think something digital was removed from her home as well.

Also why the "H" didn't they take DNA from day one????? Here in FL they take DNA in every missing person case of all people who were in last contact with missing person...

But that would have to be voluntary -- and if there's a search warrant involved, he apparently didn't agree voluntarily.

The *advertiser censored* was found on his mother's computer and she lives in Big Springs. A warrant was issued out of Howard County (Big Springs) for a search of Shawn Adkins body.
LE MIGHT be wanting to identify some physical features on Shawn that places him in some of the pics.

JMO

From what Billie said, the flash drive contained images/video of her and Shawn's personal life in the bedroom. I would suspect they could verify any physical characteristics they needed to from those. Shawn's fingerprints are ALREADY on file, so no need to get those. I'd say a DNA swab and maybe some hairs.

I believe they took DNA from the parents, in the beginning, in case a body was found.

The search warrant was issued out of Howard County because his mother’s house in Big Spring was his last known address.

Officials also executed a search warrant for Adkins’ grandmother’s home in Dunn, where he had been staying after leaving Billie Dunn’s house in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance. Scurry County District Attorney Dana Cooley declined to comment on any specifics related to that warrant.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/18/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-hailey-dunn-arra/

From what Billie said, the flash drive contained images/video of her and Shawn's personal life in the bedroom. I would suspect they could verify any physical characteristics they needed to from those. Shawn's fingerprints are ALREADY on file, so no need to get those. I'd say a DNA swab and maybe some hairs.

I really don't think LE showed Billie the entire contents of the flash drive .
There has to be things on there where they need to identify certain marks on certain body parts, that could be related to the CP.

UPDATE 11:34 a.m.: The Midland judge who signed a search warrant for Shawn Adkins declines to release information about the warrant. Here is the statement from the judge's court coordinator:

"On Thursday, March 17, Judge John Hyde authorized an evidentiary search warrant for Howard County law enforcement officers in connection with an existing criminal investigation.

"The search warrant is in possession of Howard County officers at this time and Judge Hyde declines to release any information regarding an ongoing criminal investigation."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/18/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-hailey-dunn-arra/

Guess we'll be speculating like crazy over what the warrant was about. UGH.

UPDATE 11:34 a.m.: The Midland judge who signed a search warrant for Shawn Adkins declines to release information about the warrant. Here is the statement from the judge's court coordinator:

"On Thursday, March 17, Judge John Hyde authorized an evidentiary search warrant for Howard County law enforcement officers in connection with an existing criminal investigation.

"The search warrant is in possession of Howard County officers at this time and Judge Hyde declines to release any information regarding an ongoing criminal investigation."

Is this the normal for an out of county..way out of county Judge to authorize a search warrant?????

Efforts by KTXS to obtain search warrant affidavits from Howard County were unsuccessful.

These affidavits are filed by law enforcement to obtain a warrant. Two such affidavits were filed in separate district courts Thursday to search the home of the only named suspect in the case, Shawn Adkins, and to search his body, presumably for DNA evidence.

Affidavits often contain critical information from law enforcement about the state of an investigation, and what new evidence law enforcement has procured.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/27240005/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member