2011.09.10 - SAR teams searching for Kyron again **PICS ADDED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this fairly near the school? And yet never searched before?

The "A" on this map shows where the school is located.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ckyline+school,+portland+oregon&hl=en&ll=45.607553,-122.856674&spn=0.058964,0.169086&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.176059,86.572266&vpsrc=6&t=m&z=13"]ckyline school, portland oregon - Google Maps[/ame]

Is this a hiking trail freefallzz? Is there car access? It looks like a ridge with steep embankments and it goes across a river or stream.

Happy Birthday!!!!!! xoxo

Free left for a bit and will check in later. :hug:

Is this a hiking trail freefallzz? Is there car access? It looks like a ridge with steep embankments and it goes across a river or stream.

That may not be the site in the photos.

Click thru on the map free posted and you'll get the bigger google map. zoom in and put it on sat. and you will get an idea; see Firelane 10? These are rough 'roads' thru the woods. They are usually open to people for recreational use.

That may not be the site in the photos.

Click thru on the map free posted and you'll get the bigger google map. zoom in and put it on sat. and you will get an idea; see Firelane 10? These are rough 'roads' thru the woods. They are usually open to people for recreational use.

Thanks PDX, I was viewing in terrain view with topography and the route is dashed and I saw "hiking trail" north of there. SO a truck could get in there hmmm? I noticed that this area isn't too far from the farm DeDe was at that morning, too.

Thanks PDX, I was viewing in terrain view with topography and the route is dashed and I saw "hiking trail" north of there. SO a truck could get in there hmmm? I noticed that this area isn't too far from the farm DeDe was at that morning, too.

Here's a map that shows that segment of the Wildwood Trail: http://explorepdx.com/forpark1.html

Firelane 10 is on the extreme right side.

The part of Skyline that they are searching--Wildwood Trail--is the very border of Forest Park. Doesn't it extend all the way to Highway 30? So, a vehicle could conceivably go in there and park by the Wildwood Trail--correct?

I hate to even think how difficult it would be to find signs of him there after so long...it would have been hard enough 15 months ago...

This area seems to have been searched before hasn't it? This makes me wonder if there is a NEW tip.

Monday, August 09, 2010, 4:35 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_investigators_and.html

Searchers and investigators resumed their ground search for Kyron Horman over the weekend, this time focusing on the 2.2 mile Old Germantown Road loop - not far from the home where DeDe Spicher, one of Terri Moulton Horman's friends - was gardening the day Kyron went missing.

Searchers were looking more deeply through the area, while investigators were canvassing and questioning residents along the stretch to see if they recalled seeing a white truck or anything unusual on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.

Officers from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office showed Old Germantown Road resident James Emerson a sheaf of papers with photographs of Spicher, Terri Horman, and the white Ford pick-up truck Horman was driving that day.

"We had not seen either of those people or that vehicle," Emerson told police.

Emerson said he gave searchers permission to search his 6 acre property. Like other nearby properties, Emerson's is thick with vegetation, narrow deer and elk tracks, and rugged terrain.

(More at link).

As terrible as the thought is, I sincerely ope that they are usng cadaver dogs in there today. It makes likely sense that they are, but I didn't see any in the photos.

I would like to add this map showing Skyline School-The trailhead of Wildwood Trail on Germantown road-and the two Fred Meyer's locations (first NW Walker then NW Imbrie), notice the total time for the trip was only 35 mins., (and that would be doing the speed limit!)

http://g.co/maps/259dk

Hope this is helpful

Yes and yes there is a parking area (kind of small) w/trail access.*where I took the pictures* They were searching UP the hill.. But across the street they were searching DOWN the hill..

The area you are talking about is not in Forest Park.. and yes it is VERY steep

Thanks =)

Yes they are and I believe we might have pics again. :)

I didn't get any earlier when I was up there, it's so darn hot and the vehicle I have today has no a/c..
I can hear them talking (SAR Base) still, it's a one sided convo of course,
so they are still up there. Just heard a team check in..

I had a friend call me that swears she saw on tv this am that one of the channels said they were searching also near Hwy 26.. I haven't even looked at the news today or yesterday to verify that ..

I had a friend call me that swears she saw on tv this am that one of the channels said they were searching also near Hwy 26.. I haven't even looked at the news today or yesterday to verify that ..

That was on last night's KGW news (I stayed awake!).
Looked like out by Cornelius... you know where the Arco is at the exit?

That was on last night's KGW news (I stayed awake!).
Looked like out by Cornelius... you know where the Arco is at the exit?

North Plains? =)
Cornelius is off Hwy 8 =)

Odd, as I was driving back yesterday I stopped at the little mini mart across from the McDonald's for what I swear was a 100yo burrito lol =)

I crossed Hwy 26 and went south and obviously was not looking for SARs but this was about 5pm also..

North Plains? =)
Cornelius is off Hwy 8 =)

Odd, as I was driving back yesterday I stopped at the little mini mart across from the McDonald's for what I swear was a 100yo burrito lol =)

I crossed Hwy 26 and went south and obviously was not looking for SARs but this was about 5pm also..

Wait..
Were you meaning the Cornelius Pass Road Exit off Hwy26? The one that goes to the Fred Meyer's on Imbrie?
Yes there is a gas station right by the Fred Meyers..
Whoops.. =)
That would make more sense if they were searching there I guess =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637