2011.09.10 - SAR teams searching for Kyron again **PICS ADDED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are trying to say, Tink- but just want to say that searches for Kyron have been in depth- and repeated- by professional SAR and volunteer SAR.

Also- the dog in Michelle Le's case did not 'alert' to the best of my knowledge.

You're right....the dog did not give a trained alert. The dog is basically a one-year-old pet that seemed to lead Carrie to the area where the remains were found. I apologize for giving the wrong impression.

AND, thanks especially for the comments about the Kyron searches. I do feel better. I was concerned a singular search might not yield conclusive results.

I sincerely trust the results from almost all SAR dogs and think they can be quite amazing. However, there are some dogs and some trainers that may not perform their best under some conditions...How's that for a wimpy response. (I did follow a trial in which the testimony concerning the dogs' responses was questionable and seriously challenged, because the handler wasn't well-trained, IMO.)

So Oriah, are you fairly comfortable in saying to the best of your experience that the areas that have been searched can be crossed off? (I know it is never 100%.)

How to explain how I feel about this- hmmm.

I am fairly comfortable saying that certain areas (GPS locked) that have been searched by certain teams can be considered cleared.

However, there is a LOT of ground surrounding Skyline, as well as the other areas of interest in his case. And I don't feel confident that all of that ground was cleared, because quite simply- it is an exhaustive and quite possibly impossible task. Ditto on the water searches. A victim in such terrain could be 10 yards from a GPS locked and cleared area...and that area would not be considered 'cleared' to me.
Does that make sense?

Here we are days away from October...hope the remaining areas of "interest" are searched and "cleared" (as best as possible) before winter sets in.

Here we are days away from October...hope the remaining areas of "interest" are searched and "cleared" (as best as possible) before winter sets in.

Do any of the Portland reporters--TV or print--tweet? Is anyone putting pressure on LE to continue the searches? Maybe there are no places left to search from the "promising" areas. Winter is just around the corner--:pullhair:

I find it so difficult to comprehend that NOTHING seems to be happening. Maybe an update from the sheriff's department would be beneficial.

Thank goodness I'm not Desiree or Kaine, 'cuz I'd be making lots of noise, unless they are privy to substantial additional information. :banghead::frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member