A TV Network for The Missing/Found Unknown-Merged

Peabody,

The feed we receive from the National Center (NCMEC) and display on our Internet Kiosks also contains adults. If you have an internet address for me to her poster I can make sure she will be displayed on all NH Internet Kiosks.

I have read a little about her case and it seems it might be best to publish her on all our Internet Kiosks nationwide.

Ron

Ron1834 said:
Peabody,

The feed we receive from the National Center (NCMEC) and display on our Internet Kiosks also contains adults. If you have an internet address for me to her poster I can make sure she will be displayed on all NH Internet Kiosks.

I have read a little about her case and it seems it might be best to publish her on all our Internet Kiosks nationwide.

Ron

http://www.mauramurray.com/

Christine this is so Great, I have E Mailed a lot of the addresses you have posted, about the same thing. So far I have not gotten any answers, please let me know what happens.

TisHerself said:
Christine this is so Great, I have E Mailed a lot of the addresses you have posted, about the same thing. So far I have not gotten any answers, please let me know what happens.
Hey there! Thanks.....I haven't gotten any responses either, except from SurferQuest and The Doe Network. Doe Network says it's trying to do somethig about this, and SurferQuest, as you can see by posts below is very busy pulling of another GREAT idea.

Thanks for helping and sending out letters!

Kindest regards,
Christine

Ron1834 said:
Peabody,

Ron
Thank you so much! Your comment is most encouraging!!

I am not sure which Link you are requesting:

The Link to the National Center for Missing Adults Poster for Maura is:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401157S

However, this Link will take you to a similar $40,000 Reward Missing Poster http://www.mauramurray.com/

Please let me know if there is anything else that you might need. I am working with Maura's family. You can email me or Maura's family at mauramissing@hotmail.com

Again, Thank You !

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

I would love to help out with any missing persons network show. That sounds awesome!

Seems like somebody in Arkansas gets it...the link to this site was posted on a group I belong to:

Arkansas Unsolved

Thanks for visiting arunsolved.org, the online home of the new TV series Arkansas' Unsolved. Both the show and the Website are aimed at helping law enforcement crack Arkansas' unsolved murder and missing persons cases. It has been said that almost every major law enforcement agency in
Arkansas has at least one unsolved murder or missing persons case. Justice has not been served, and many families are in limbo. Arkansas' Unsolved is our answer to that untenable situation.

Arkansas' Unsolved is a new series airing during paid programming hours on Little Rock broadcast stations. We will be airing 24 30-minute episodes each year in a continuous season, with each episode featuring one unsolved murder or missing persons case from Arkansas. The goal is to get
as much information as possible out before as many viewers as possible. To achieve the goal, we produce each episode, purchase the paid programming time, and arrange sponsorship agreements with Arkansas businesses in order to retire the production and air time costs. The Website will function as a clearinghouse for Arkansas cold cases. Law enforcement can submit unsolved murder or missing persons cases free of charge for posting on the Website and consideration for being featured on the TV show.

The desired result is the solving of as many cold cases as possible. To that end, we have set up a reward fund to pay out rewards of up to $1Million for information leading to the safe return of any missing person featured on the show or Website or the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for any crime featured on the show or Website. The fund will also pay out rewards of up to $50,000 for an anonymous tip leading to the whereabouts of any missing person featured on the show or Website or to the arrest and formal charging of a suspect in any case featured on the show or Website. To date, Arkansas businesses have pledged over $2Million to the reward fund.

murraydwyer, welcome to WS! And thanks for the great update!
Please stick around and read and post for a while. And please- join us in pushing to get a national show like the one Ark. has, and encourage others to do the same.
I wish this type of programming was available for my state- or for the nation.

LillyRush said:
I would love to help out with any missing persons network show. That sounds awesome!

Have you ever considered contacting your local PBS station with the offer? Many of the PBS stations offer some community broadcast time.
Getting some local shows going would also get the attention focused on the dedicated channel.

I've been around for a while now...just don't post too often....most posts are in thread on Maura Murray.....www.Mauramurray.com ....

The reason that the Arkansas station is important is because it is the police that are leading the charge. The police, prosecutors and politicians hold the key to any show of this type being effective. I understand that they have to protect some information to protect the integrity of potential court cases, but they have to give enough information to the families and public to either find the missing person or the people responsible.

For instance.....in Maura's case. The police have Maura's computer. There could be information on that computer that might be meaningful to Maura's family or friends, but have absolutely no meaning to the police. We all have family jokes and double entendres with friends and family that no policeman is ever going to get. There could be websites visited that would be quite meaningful to the family. Currently, the only hope the family has of obtaining that computer it to take it to court and even then as things stand, it is doubtful that it will be released.

The police and prosecutors hold all the cards in any case.......Maura is still considered a missing person...'no evidence of a crime' and yet because it is still 'under investigation' the police don't have to release any information. The police have access to information that families don't have access to. Some (certainly not all) should be made public...Any case is a complex pile of puzzle pieces....if the police had all of the pieces they could make their case....but when the public, friends, family have some pieces and the police have some pieces and some other agency has others.....there is no way to put them together..........that is why I applaud the Arkansas police or politicians who have made the decision to give just a bit more info to the public...something might just click with somebody out there.

Sadly I went to the site I posted above and found this message:

Arkansas' Unsolved regrets to announce that we have suspended broadcast operations indefinitely as on August 26, 2005. The
reason for the suspension is the near total lack of support we have received from the business community. Sponsorship is the
life-blood of any broadcast endeavor, and with the unexplained withdrawal of three major sponsors, combined with a seeming total
lack of interest from the rest of the business community, we no longer have the means to continue with our broadcast operations.
This is unfortunate not just for us but for law enforcement and for the families who could benefit so much from the continued
broadcasting of the series. Our quest for corporate sponsors continues, though, and we hope to be back on the air soon. Meanwhile,
production continues on the next three episodes, and the Website will remain active.

murraydwyer said:
Sadly I went to the site I posted above and found this message:

Arkansas' Unsolved regrets to announce that we have suspended broadcast operations indefinitely as on August 26, 2005. The
reason for the suspension is the near total lack of support we have received from the business community. Sponsorship is the
life-blood of any broadcast endeavor, and with the unexplained withdrawal of three major sponsors, combined with a seeming total
lack of interest from the rest of the business community, we no longer have the means to continue with our broadcast operations.
This is unfortunate not just for us but for law enforcement and for the families who could benefit so much from the continued
broadcasting of the series. Our quest for corporate sponsors continues, though, and we hope to be back on the air soon. Meanwhile,
production continues on the next three episodes, and the Website will remain active.

I am so sorry. Somehow we have to get people to see how important it is to get the media coverage. But it is going to take a lot of people talking and getting it into the media coverage I am afraid.
In that interest- I am posting some quotes that were made in the recovery of Jodie Collie-
Rocky Mount police Capt. Marty McCoy
McCoy credited both the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for their assistance in trying to find Collie and Denkler.

"Without their help and resources, the expediency of this investigation would have been retarded," McCoy said.

He also thanked the callers who phoned in tips throughout the country, as well as the media that featured the story on Web sites, on television and in print. National media outlets featured the abduction Tuesday night after authorities held a news conference earlier in the day.

"We have literally blanketed the country with pictures of (Collie and Denkler)," FBI Special Agent Kevin Kendrick said during the news conference. "Anytime you have a child of tender years who is either taken or accompanies someone who is a registered sex offender, it's something that deserves the attention of our resources."
http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/08/31/083105rmtcollie_lost_gir.html

So that shows the benefits. Maybe what we need to do is work more on the sponsers instead of the media programmers.

Christine, you have a great idea. I thought of it myself late last night as I was watching a stupid show- COPS! How come they can broadcast endless coverage of idiots running from cops and getting arrested, but not devote the time to solving missing persons cases???:doh:

mysteriew said:
Have you ever considered contacting your local PBS station with the offer? Many of the PBS stations offer some community broadcast time.
Getting some local shows going would also get the attention focused on the dedicated channel.
I hadn't thought of that, but it's a good idea.

This article contains some helpful statistics and info on the missing.

http://www2.townonline.com/hopkinton/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=322260

On a national scale, statistics on missing persons can be staggering. Consider that there are more than 3,000 children and elderly reported missing daily across the United States, according to FBI statistics, and that 85 to 95 percent of all missing persons are juveniles.

Even more disturbing is the fact that a child is abducted in this country every 10 minutes, and that 74 percent of abducted children are murdered within three hours of their abduction.

As I've watched CNN over the past few days, I am reminded of the sad irony of the phrase, "be careful what you wish for"...Hats of to both CNN and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for all they are doing to reunite families............

christine2448 said:
I had discussed w/several people the idea of having a TV Network dedicated to The Missing/Found Unknown. I flip through the channels when looking for something to watch and see Music, Sports, Nat. Geo, Disc, and on and on. I started thinking why not a network dedicated to the missing. Stories, pictures, thinking how many homes that could reach. I have no clue how to do something like this. I am not a good 'communicator'..however, I decided to email several networks, inlcluding the doe network, AMW, Turner Broadcasting, CNN, National Center for Missing and Exploited, etc. I have no idea what it would help, but I figured, what the heck, let's just get the 'idea' out there...see what happens.
Here is what I sent, so far I have rec'd one response, from the doe network, see below:

I am curious about something and would like to know who I can direct this question, suggestion to.

Something I would love to do, start a TV network, a station that runs all hours, showing stories, pictures, etc. of all the missing/found unknowns out there. I have NO clue how something like this would be accomplished.

You have Discovery, Sports, Music, Movies ,etc channels, why not a Missing Persons channel. Do you know how many people this would reach? I believe large businesses and people with missing loved ones would finance such a venture.

Again, I am clueless about this kind of thing, but the ideas are in my head and I thought I'd bring it up.

What made me think of this is all the talk on a website I belong to, WebSleuths.com, a lot of people were talking about all the coverage Natalee Holloway is receiving and the fact that all of the missing, found/unknowns, etc, get nothing, or very little coverage.

Why couldn't you set up something like this?

Why hasn't this been done by anyone?

Any reasons? Can this be done? Can you tell me who I could discuss this with to see if it is possible.

Thank you and kindest regards,
Christine Jones

Been working on just that Christine.

A lot more complicated that it might sound....but indeed....it is being considered. There's a blurb about it in this article....

www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.08/matthews.html

:)~ Todd

Todd Matthews
www.TentGirl.com
Director ~ [url="http://www.projectedan.us/"]www.ProjectEDAN.us[/url] &
www.TheLostAndTheFound.com
Media Director ~ [url="http://www.doenetwork.us/"]www.DoeNetwork.us[/url]
www.OutpostForHope.org &
www.FourTheKids.org
Member~ www.TheIAI.org
www.NomisProject.com
931-397-3893

Naming the Nameless Dead

www.crimemagazine.com/04/doe,0323.htm

"...there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known."

- Matthew 10:26

Administrative Team wrote:

Not forwarded from gmail...

Todd, I think you can answer this gal pretty thoroughly huh?

~Liz
what a wonderful idea, sounds like the ones that you are contacting via email is a big step in the right direction. prayers for your efforts.

Sounds like some of what I was thinking.....Since Arkansas had it but I just posted this on another entry but thought I would put it here to, wanted to see what we could maybe do and if this would work...I'll paste below what I wrote

What if people from all over started doing like public access about this. Like people got together on the internet and all live in different areas and all try to get a show on public access. The could have there own site to maintain and discuss each show that would be on in each different state and city that people signed up to try to get this going.

They could discuss all the missing people that would be on each show for that week and make sure that they get all the details of the disapearence as possible and have the website on the bottem of the television would be linked to the same one and when people come to the website they could see the other missing people that were aired on the other public access channels.

Then I would imagine if you started something like that then maybe it would gain some bigger ups and news worthyness about all of these people going all through out the world starting a public access show but with one name behind it. I don't know if that made any sense but tell if it didn't and I will try to clear it up....sometimes I get ahead of myself and don't know if what I am writing speaks the way I would like...

I think it would be a great thing to do, just a half hour or hour public access show and have a certain number to discuss in each show and then tell people about the website to look at more pics and news. And then maybe we can get what we want, we could talk about how it would be great to get a 24 hour tv channel dedicated for all the missing and tell them to sign the petition on the website and maybe some big wig would do it.

I know I know maybe to big a dream, but it would be great if we could give the missing a voice.

Mindi

I think it would be a great idea for someone to start a public access program about the missing/unidentified. It would be a start anyway. I know I was suprised when I started looking at the missing people in my home state. I was suprised at the number, and at the number of children who were missing that I wasn't aware of. And I live here. So if we could convince someone involved in public access to get it started, we would have a foot in the door.
Another way to approach this is by looking at the roadblocks. Media has stated they are having trouble getting sponsers for a missing/unidentified channel. So maybe we should approach some sponsors and request it. After all it will take startup money to get the channel up and running, and to pay staff for the channel.
These two articles that I am posting are talking about the need for a national registry of unidentified remains. But they contain some valuable statistics that can be used in any emails you might want to write:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca...4145991,00.html

bugmenot: falken@dod.gov
joshua

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/pj_editor...4140754,00.html

bugmenot: youareso@foolish.com
idiots

Another thing that might help would be to contact groups like this and try to get them to put support behind the idea:

They are members of an organization called Families of Homicide Victims and Missing Persons, a Colorado-based group that stirs up interest among law enforcement agencies to solve their cold cases. There are more than 1,200 unsolved homicides or missing-person cases with Colorado connections, group officers say.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3099848

For those who might be interested. Mjak found a TV show on the missing!
Here is there website:
http://www.usamissing.com/

It is not shown in my area so I am sending them an email, telling them how much I would love to see their show.
Mjak says it is shown at 3 am in his/her local programming. Any ideas about how to get this show promoted more?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back