Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it curious that it’s been observed that RA’s physical and mental health have improved since leaving Westville? I have to wonder, why? Or, do I??

Never mind. Scratch that.
JMO
The physical is always helped by better mental health.

"Specialized mental health services are available at mental health units located in New Castle Correctional Facility, Pendleton Correctional Facility, and Wabash Valley Correctional Facility (for incarcerated males), and Indiana Women’s Prison (for incarcerated females). These services include evaluation, stabilization, testing, treatment planning, individual and group therapies, behavior modification, and psychoeducation in a highly structured environment. Psychiatric special needs services include evaluation, stabilization, and medication management. Incarcerated persons who may need treatment in a mental health unit are discussed on weekly staffing calls, and placement in a mental health unit occurs within a few days to a few weeks after approval.

All correctional staff receive training related to mental health and suicide prevention."

Wow, all I saw was the standard $100 hr court-appointed attorney fee (I wish I could get lawyers for $100 hr). Where was that reported?

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Yes, now I better understand and see what you are calling a frame job. How could anyone know to plant a bullet in 2017 if it belonged to RA all along?

I agree RA was broken down by a combination of pharma, guards, screams from other prisoners directed at him coupled with menacing mistreatment by the guards who used a tazer on him at least twice. I think it was real terrorizing at Westville. RA looks better now after being moved to Wabash.
Did RA ever write a letter to the warden telling him he was being abused by Odinist guards? Did RA ever write a letter to the warden telling him he wanted to confess? I know I've read about one of those happening.

This?
Crawford believes Allen’s’ defense and prosecution could cost taxpayers $1 million.
You think it will be divided evenly?

MOTION FOR PARITY IN RESOURCES TO RECONSIDER THE DENIAL OF ANTICIPATED DEFENSE COSTS OR TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE "To balance the scales of justice, Allen asks that the prosecutors working for the State be required to pay out of their personal finances for investigative services, evidence processing, and expert fees, as the Court’s recent Order has effectively reduced Baldwin and Rozzi to a position where they are required to personally advance those expenditures for Allen’s defense.... Alternatively, Allen requests that this Court prohibit the State from offering any testimony or evidence at trial related to the bullet found at the crime scene, the digital data collected by law enforcement, or Allen’s alleged confession"

So based on this motion, jmo, pieces of evidence now in criminal cases-- they're bargaining chips. MOO, what an interesting approach. And the "equal protection of the laws"? That's noted later in this document. Both sides have been offered equal treatment in that there's a process laid out for both sides to follow, process for prosecutors is in accordance with the Indiana Code (Seeing Ind. Code 33-39-6) Both sides have an equal opportunity before the court to completely screw things up, jmo.

It only seems natural that when someone in legal authority ends up in a position of trying the case with the public that the same someone would attempt to get paid there as well. The "getting paid there" is probably lots more ethically acceptable than trying it there. Again, all MOO.

This?
Crawford believes Allen’s’ defense and prosecution could cost taxpayers $1 million.
You think it will be divided evenly?
Well, since the Defense begged and pledged to represent Defendant Allen pro bono just to stay on the case because of their deep emotional commitment to RA, they could always give up their $100 per hour.

Do I think Public Defenders should would work for free? Absolutely not, but with the mess these two have made of this case, let them put their $$$ where their big mouths are. It was never going to happen that they would be willing to represent RA pro bono. Just something grandiose to spin into their narrative, but is sure makes for good angst on a future book, movie, or tv deal though.

Again, another example of the Defense saying one thing to look good and garner attention in the court of public opinion and doing the opposite behind closed doors.

MOO

Well, since the Defense begged and pledged to represent Defendant Allen pro bono just to stay on the case because of their deep emotional commitment to RA, they could always give up their $100 per hour.

Do I think Public Defenders should would work for free? Absolutely not, but with the mess these two have made of this case, let them put their $$$ where their big mouths are. It was never going to happen that they would be willing to represent RA pro bono. Just something grandiose to spin into their narrative, but is sure makes for good angst on a future book, movie, or tv deal though.

Again, another example of the Defense saying one thing to look good and garner attention in the court of public opinion and doing the opposite behind closed doors.

MOO
Let's add up all of the pre-trial motions they have filed and figure out how much money in time and resources they spent. I bet it would be enough to get them a few more experts. JMO

That is my point. The defense can't appeal that ruling until post-conviction, so to say that the defense is somehow not following the process is premature.

ETA: crowdfunding for legal fees is a thing, but I haven't seen it applied solely for expert testimony.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. This is nothing but a big, fat, publicity stunt in an effort to boost poor R&B's predicament and stall the upcoming trial that they requested. They are playing games, as they have done IMO since the day they were brought on board.

I'm just glad it might be one more reason for the DQ of this defense. I would hate to delay the trial, but at the expense of this circus and potential future appellate issues, I think R&B should be so long gone. Judge Gull was 110% correct - they aren't competent to defend RA, as is obvious the more we find out each day.

MOO

There is no recourse for the accused if he were to be found NG or have a mistrial, or whatever unless by some fluke RA could claim malicious prosecution but that bird won't hunt in Carroll Co. If I'm wrong, please, correct my err.

This is a first for me to see crowd funding for an accused murderer before their trial. Not to say it hasn't happened before but none of us are surprised by this collection. The interest it may generate is its own PR machine.
MOO
<RSBBM>

The interest it may generate is its own PR machine.

BINGO, just exactly what R&B wanted to accomplish with this farce. PR shouldn't outweigh the defense of their own beloved client, RA. This isn't a Lifetime Movie, it is real life trial with their client, 2 innocent murdered children and their families hanging in the balance.

I disagree that 'none of us are surprised', I think the majority of people who are aware of this are utterly shocked by the complete audacity and unprofessionalism of R&B.

MOO

Ok. While you do that I heard it was 4 terabyte but 6 terabytes may be most accurate.

More than anything, it appears to be obvious the strongest evidence was gathered in the beginning, during those early months. The dates erased just so happen to be those crucial first days. Curious that BH was never interviewed.

video files on Delphi Drive 1 Export are interviews from the dates of 02-25-2017 through 04-07-2017 without audio

02-25-2017 through 04-07-2017 is 8 weeks of recordings. Baffles me how it wasn't detected as constantly running sooner than 8 weeks. Didn't it stop and begin again with each new interview anyway? Is the tech out of my grade? We watched hours of police interviews in the recent Dulos trial in CT. They were integral to the conviction.

MOO
While I was searching, I wasn't sure exactly how many terabytes the HD was so we won't consider that an issue.
Now I find there were two HD's.

STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL AND REQUEST FOR SANCTIONS
In discovery provided to Defense, one hard drive is missing interviews from February 14,
2017, through February 20, 2017, and one other hard drive contains video interviews
without audio.
STATE’S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S AMENDED MOTION TO COMPEL AND REQUEST FOR SANCTIONS
Delphi DVR Drive 1 Export contains uncatalogued interviews from Franklin Street Investigation
Center, 02-25-2017 to 04-07-2017, there is no detectable audio on the original
drive from which this duplicate was made. These are video only files.

That is my point. The defense can't appeal that ruling until post-conviction, so to say that the defense is somehow not following the process is premature.

ETA: crowdfunding for legal fees is a thing, but I haven't seen it applied solely for expert testimony.
They can appeal before conviction. They can appeal on every motion that hits their desk maybe I am not using the right wording.

My husbands brother killed his wife last summer. We await trial. He had a public defender now a paid and prominent lawyer in Ohio. We have the discovery packet etc. he has been in county jail since June 2023. Everyone is convinced he would never do this. Again the discovery packet, incriminating statements and my nephew as eye witness, proves he killed and with malice.

Murder is not in the budget so they should do their best to avoid committing them!

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Yes, now I better understand and see what you are calling a frame job. How could anyone know to plant a bullet in 2017 if it belonged to RA all along?

I agree RA was broken down by a combination of pharma, guards, screams from other prisoners directed at him coupled with menacing mistreatment by the guards who used a tazer on him at least twice. I think it was real terrorizing at Westville. RA looks better now after being moved to Wabash.
Curious as to why then S&L, his interim Defense Team, Motioned for a Transfer for RA from Washburn, allegedly for this same type of mistreatment?

RA looks perfectly normal and in good physical health in his recent court appearances to me. Has he lost weight, sure, but he was at least 30 overweight when he was arrested. I could also guess the stress of living with his actions that he confessed to his wife and mother might be cause for anxiety, fear and worry.

No matter where RA ends up if found guilty, he will always be harassed and terrorized to some degree for murdering two innocent young girls, Abbigal Williams and Liberty German. Child killers are on the lowest rung of the prison hierarchy.

MOO

This is a first for me to see crowd funding for an accused murderer before their trial. Not to say it hasn't happened before but none of us are surprised by this collection. The interest it may generate is its own PR machine.
I’ve seen crowdfunding for defense. Jenna Boedecker, Kyle Rittenhouse, and more recently, for Daniel Neely - which raised $2.9 million. Crowdfund gives Daniel Penny millions for legal defense in alleged killing of homeless man Jordan Neely

But the circumstances of those cases were very different from the murders of two teen girls on a trail walk on a day off of school.

I’m kind of ok with the defense crowdfunding, especially when the accused has a public defender. Defrays taxpayer cost.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member