Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
But mandating the exclusion of other plausible theories that the Prosecution actually provided evidence of doesn't seem fair. The State is basically saying "we know you saw all that stuff we handed over that makes it obvious that there could be another person, or persons ("other actors" as Nick McLeland himself has said) responsible, but we didn't really think you'd notice that....please just keep that quiet because we want to convict THIS guy only, ok?"

It isn't like they are pulling these theories out of the air.....it's all stuff that's been uncovered by the investigators!

Remember, Doug Carter has told us that NOBODY has been cleared. I really hope the jury hears that.

JMO MOO

What they are saying, ( I hope that I understand correctly) is that the Defense isn't allowed to throw any old thing against the wall to see if they can confuse the important issues.

They have to provide information that is relevant and factual in order to bring in other players or issues.

How is that unfair?

But mandating the exclusion of other plausible theories that the Prosecution actually provided evidence of doesn't seem fair. The State is basically saying "we know you saw all that stuff we handed over that makes it obvious that there could be another person, or persons ("other actors" as Nick McLeland himself has said) responsible, but we didn't really think you'd notice that....please just keep that quiet because we want to convict THIS guy only, ok?"

It isn't like they are pulling these theories out of the air.....it's all stuff that's been uncovered by the investigators!

Remember, Doug Carter has told us that NOBODY has been cleared. I really hope the jury hears that.

JMO MOO
If the evidence is there, the law is there. If not, things won't be admissible. Other things if too prejudical, for either side also would by law be excluded. All pre-trial stuff to be dealt with...AND there's a jury to pick...again unless RA wants to plea.

What they are saying, ( I hope that I understand correctly) is that the Defense isn't allowed to throw any old thing against the wall to see if they can confuse the important issues.

They have to provide information that is relevant and factual in order to bring in other players or issues.

How is that unfair?

It isn't. But we know this judge. The State has laid the groundwork for her to deny, deny, deny all of the other plausible theories that they, the State, handed over to the defense. And I predict she will do just that....deny each and every one.

IMO MOO

If the evidence is there, the law is there. If not, things won't be admissible. Other things if too prejudical, for either side also would by law be excluded. All pre-trial stuff to be dealt with...AND there's a jury to pick...again unless RA wants to plea.

You're way more optimistic than I am. But, you do have the name. ;)

It isn't. But we know this judge. The State has laid the groundwork for her to deny, deny, deny all of the other plausible theories that they, the State, handed over to the defense. And I predict she will do just that....deny each and every one.

IMO MOO
If the D can show relevance to RA's case, it 's backed by sound evidence and isn't prejudicial, it should be allowed.

What is the purpose of not allowing even water or coffee for spectators? Is that normal in a courtroom? I've never attended a trial in person.
I've never been to a trial where coffee or water was allowed to spectators. For one thing, people have to get up and down for the bathroom frequently and it's disruptive. The noise and distraction of cups and bottles is an issue. Some leave their garbage on the floor or benches and there's more waste for the court to have to deal with. IMO, it's never a good idea. Court is serious business and should be treated so.

I've never been to a trial where coffee or water was allowed to spectators. For one thing, people have to get up and down for the bathroom frequently and it's disruptive. The noise and distraction of cups and bottles is an issue. Some leave their garbage on the floor or benches and there's more waste for the court to have to deal with. IMO, it's never a good idea. Court is serious business and should be treated so.

Exactly and since when can humans not survive without water for a few hours?

It seems some want to find fault here with anything Gull does.

This is Not a Teddys Bear picnic this is a trial for the murder of two teenage girls.

Let’s get some perspective here and understand humans can survive without liquid for a few hours at a time.

Mooooooo

bbm

Starting May 1, 2023, Indiana judges will have the option to allow news media into courtrooms to record, photograph and broadcast court proceedings that are not confidential.

The announcement comes after an order amended Rule 2.17 of the Code of Judicial Conduct, which had previously prohibited broadcasting or recording court proceedings without prior approval from the Indiana Supreme Court.

Authorities previously conducted a 4-month pilot program and a public comment period alongside “careful evaluation” in order to test the new rule.

<snip>

During the pilot program,
five judges opened their courtrooms to test the new rule, including Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull.

Source:
So this isn’t gonna be live streamed??

I think Judge Gull is fair-minded, I pray the jury will be also. It's going to be hard waiting to hear what's happening in the courtroom.
I don't think divine intervention is required. I'd put the odds right now at:
1% Not Guilty
2% Mistrial (hung jury)
3% Mistrial (procedural)
94% Conviction (Actually that seems low)

I am glad if it’s allowed that RL won’t be brought up in the trial. It’s absolutely disgusting people still try to throw a dead man under the bus when he can not fight his corner. This is definitely a step in the right direction imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann