Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: Don't get excited. THIS IS NOT RA's DOCKET !!!!
just another adjacent-player ...

View attachment 500294
Woodhouse trial was scheduled for May 13th as well, a conflict for the RA Prosecution.
So ... someone had to delay or plea and ... turns out ... it wasn't RA. :rolleyes:

(Woodhouse also being the party that received RA's Defense outline via erroneous email sent to BW instead of Brad Rozzi. And Woodhouse sued Delphi re civil rights violations ... and won.)

... and then back to jail with BW ... for whatever the above plea is for ...

here's the case against Delphi:
Woodhouse v. Leazenby et al
(WARNING, GRAPHIC)

bbm

From article about the Woodhouse case:

<snip>

The document continues to state Woodhouse informed the jail staff he had epilepsy during booking into the jail. Woodhouse suffered a massive seizure in the jail on Nov. 18. The complaint states Woodhouse was rendered unconscious and other inmates had to scream and yell to get jail staff’s attention in an effort to get help for Woodhouse. Jailer Randle transported Woodhouse to IU Health in White County and reported to hospital staff that Woodhouse had suffered a seizure while incarcerated in the Carroll County Jail.

<modsnip: copyright>

Source:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he wanted that motion sealed and filed it too fast?

I copied this for myself and excluded all the citations for easier reading. I'm kind of amazed how he spelled out all the things he's hoping to get excluded.
Number 7 piqued my interest.
Number 10 = so if any of the P's witnesses are lying liars, we dare not hear it?

1. Any comments about Counsel for the State that constitutes a personal attack on the
attorney for the State or comments on the role of the State’s attorney.
2. Any comment which constitutes the personal opinion of Defense Counsel about any
evidence, witness, outcome or penalty.
3. Any innuendo or inference that is not supported by admissible evidence.
4. Any attempt to indoctrinate the jury during voir dire by exposing the jury to
substantive issue in the case.
5. Any attempt during voir dire to have the jury pre-judge the credibility of a witness.
6. Any hypothetical questions that includes facts that are not in evidence or questions
that are not helpful in violation of Rule 705.
7. Any attempt to introduce evidence of 3rd party motive that is not relevant and/or the
probative value is outweighed by unfair prejudice, confusion of the issues or has the
potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401.
8. Any reference to an investigation conducted by Todd Click, along with any reports or
investigative materials from Todd Click that is not relevant or is used for the purpose
of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401.
9. Any reference to geofencing and/or any testimony from Kevin Horan about
geofencing or the findings from any geofence search that is not relevant or is for the
purpose of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of
Rule 401.
10. Any reference to any prior bad acts or acts of any witnesses that plan to testify at the
trial that is not relevant to what the Defendant is on trial for, that is not an act that is
an exception to IRE 404(b) and that is not both relevant under IRE 401 and tend to
negate the guilt of the Defendant.
11. Any reference to how the files were labeled that were handed over to the Defense as
part of the information and discovery provided to Defense Counsel by the State that
are not relevant or that would tend to cause confusion of the issues or has the
potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401.
12. Any reference to any PowerPoints provided by the State as Executive Briefs
involving any person or persons that were investigated by law enforcement as part of
the 6 year investigation into the murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German that
are not relevant or would tend to cause confusion of the issues or has the potential to
mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401.
A. Order the Defendant, through his counsel, and witnesses to refrain from mentioning,
commenting, or making any reference whatsoever, either directly or indirectly, to any of
the above matters without first obtaining permission of the Court outside the presence
and hearing of the jury;
B. To further order said persons to make no reference to the fact that this motion has
been filed and granted, and all other relief just and proper in the premises.

I'm surprised he didn't ask JG to order them to appear bound and gagged OR be required to say "Mother May I" before any question or evidence being presented? I agree, it was probably meant to be under seal. OOPS. All MOO

I've never been to a trial where coffee or water was allowed to spectators. For one thing, people have to get up and down for the bathroom frequently and it's disruptive. The noise and distraction of cups and bottles is an issue. Some leave their garbage on the floor or benches and there's more waste for the court to have to deal with. IMO, it's never a good idea. Court is serious business and should be treated so

I wish! *pouts* Unfortunately not.
Well that stinks. Thank you for responding!

Pages behind here, thread moves fast!

My brain is stuck. In the motion the P listed names, ok. So...why would the P mention KAK or TK? Has anyone seen/heard where the defense mentioned KAK or TK? I realize the reason for this request is stopping the D from putting others on trial to deflect. Should the D bring up other possible actors, the D must show relevance. Wonder why those two names were included.

Good question. I don't recall them bringing up those names, but maybe Nick is just thinking ahead. But, then why not mention other "suspects" people have latched on to like Nations, Kirts, Chadwell, Farmer, Bruce, family, heck even Tobe Leazenby.

IMO MOO

Jury Selection Orders, for May 13-16 Jury Selection (apparently in the) ALLEN COURTHOUSE.

(Jury Selection Orders only)

buried in here: an audio-only court recording for record-keeping per IN law only will be made. this only recording will never be available to the public.

will this be the same recording rule for Carrroll Cnty Courthouse once the jury is seated and trial begins?

1714426030246.png

1714426054100.png

1714426074309.png

Last edited:
I think disruption is what she doesn't want. Remember what occurred last time in the courtroom and outside it, some disgraceful behavior. She can't stop them from attending (unless they act up) and not having cameras will ensure anyone's want of celebrity or outbursts in her courtroom won't end up on social media. JMO

But that stuff happened outside, and so far she hasn't put restrictions on a radius around the building, although I wouldn't put it past her.

IMO MOO

We're talking Indiana, remember? ;)
I was wondering if the demand for a speedy trial came up after that was already scheduled.
Nick's busy.
He had a trial going on for a murder in Flora (Willie Smith). That was supposed to be this month but he asked for an interlocutory appeal on March 13 and Diener granted him one. So that gave him a month or so of breathing room. Now the Indiana Court of Appeals granted his motion on April 12; so he probably won't have to worry about it for another month or more. I'm not sure how fast the Court of Appeals moves on IAs.

Just a reminder of who Judge Francis Gull is.

She is more than the current trial, and the blatant and continuous disrespect for her is really unnecessary IMO.

Delphi murder trial: What to know about Judge Frances Gull

Judge Frances Gull has served Allen County's superior court since 1997. She's been re-elected four times. Gull has overseen six criminal courts, according to her Allen Superior Court biography page, and has served more than 20 years as the administrative judge of the superior court's criminal division.

Just a reminder of who Judge Francis Gull is.

She is more than the current trial, and the blatant and continuous disrespect for her is really unnecessary IMO.

Delphi murder trial: What to know about Judge Frances Gull

Judge Frances Gull has served Allen County's superior court since 1997. She's been re-elected four times. Gull has overseen six criminal courts, according to her Allen Superior Court biography page, and has served more than 20 years as the administrative judge of the superior court's criminal division.

I had high hopes for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member