AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also magnetic skimmers that can actually 'read' your card info magnetically as they walk past you, even if your card is in your wallet. :what: He said we should keep our cards wrapped in tin foil or metal.

<snipped by me>

Off topic a bit - but they now sell small compact card holders that will keep this from happening. After we had a bad experience on our way to vacation (both dh and my card were shut down by our bank because we were buying gas in NC while someone else was making purchases in TX and mexico! :what: ) - They cost about $8 but I've kept my cards in one of those ever since. They're small and compact and I don't have to continually make newly decorated hats to match my tinfoil card. Shoes, purse and tinfoil hats need to match, right?? LOL:floorlaugh:

"the card is not his and that he doesn't know who owns the card"

I have wondered before if IK is using a card belonging to another "missing person" or has in the past and perhaps that is what is suspicious enough to link him to Sam...Maybe IK happens to have certain connections to other missing people. Maybe his name has happened to pop up frequently enough to missing person cases and someone is linking it together?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...s-led-arrest-man-tied-abducted-alaska-barista

Here is a more in depth article explaining the actual debits. Sorry if this has been posted...

But why did person A not report the card stolen when he saw someone go through his car? Seems to me I would have called the cops and the bank, not wait so long... ?

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...est-man-tied-abducted-alaska-barista?page=0,0

The article has more of a description about the route he traveled. I am curious about peoples input on the stuff below!

Less than an hour after leaving the hotel, Keyes was pulled over for a speeding violation by a Texas State Highway Patrol Officer. Keyes gave the officer his Alaska license and claimed he'd flown from Anchorage to Las Vegas on March 7, where he claimed to have rented the car to drive to a wedding.

"Keyes was unable to describe the route he drove or explain why he elected to travel in this manner, given that he was reportedly going to a wedding in Wells, Tex.," the affidavit said. "Keyes became increasingly confrontational during the traffic stop, especially when asked for details about his activities."

The officer observed maps on the floorboard of Keyes's vehicle with highlighted routes through California, Arizona and New Mexico. Also on the floor were a pair of white tennis shoes. Stuffed in the driver's side door were wads of cash rolled up with rubber bands.

Once police searched Keyes's vehicle, they found a gray hooded sweatshirt and a cut-up T-shirt fashioned into a facemask in the trunk. Keyes was arrested in connection with Koenig's abduction and charged with access device fraud in federal court. A federal grand jury handed down the indictment.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...est-man-tied-abducted-alaska-barista?page=0,0

The article has more of a description about the route he traveled. I am curious about peoples input on the stuff below!

Less than an hour after leaving the hotel, Keyes was pulled over for a speeding violation by a Texas State Highway Patrol Officer. Keyes gave the officer his Alaska license and claimed he'd flown from Anchorage to Las Vegas on March 7, where he claimed to have rented the car to drive to a wedding.

"Keyes was unable to describe the route he drove or explain why he elected to travel in this manner, given that he was reportedly going to a wedding in Wells, Tex.," the affidavit said. "Keyes became increasingly confrontational during the traffic stop, especially when asked for details about his activities."

The officer observed maps on the floorboard of Keyes's vehicle with highlighted routes through California, Arizona and New Mexico. Also on the floor were a pair of white tennis shoes. Stuffed in the driver's side door were wads of cash rolled up with rubber bands.

Once police searched Keyes's vehicle, they found a gray hooded sweatshirt and a cut-up T-shirt fashioned into a facemask in the trunk. Keyes was arrested in connection with Koenig's abduction and charged with access device fraud in federal court. A federal grand jury handed down the indictment.

I think the gray hooded sweatshirt with the t-shirt face mask would make a good enough disguise that LE would say that he could not be recognized on camera.

I think the gray hooded sweatshirt with the t-shirt face mask would make a good enough disguise that LE would say that he could not be recognized on camera.

I'm sure that's the link to Sam. Same clothing/mask as her abductor.

IK was a mule of some sort, I'm sure of that now. This has drugs written all over it, just like Jerry Perdomo's case. How Sam fits in, that I have no idea.

Did they trace this guy not knowing about any connection to SK, but just trying to get him for the cards theft, then when they did stop him, possibly find her card among the ones he had, plus a mask matching what was on the tape? Maybe SK's card was not actually used, but he had it?

APD had two of their detectives in Texas working on the case before they arrested him. They must have known there was something bigger than a few thousand dollars of unauthorized withdrawals.

<snipped by me>

Off topic a bit - but they now sell small compact card holders that will keep this from happening. After we had a bad experience on our way to vacation (both dh and my card were shut down by our bank because we were buying gas in NC while someone else was making purchases in TX and mexico! :what: ) - They cost about $8 but I've kept my cards in one of those ever since. They're small and compact and I don't have to continually make newly decorated hats to match my tinfoil card. Shoes, purse and tinfoil hats need to match, right?? LOL:floorlaugh:

Drats, foiled again! I was already planning my fall line ...
icon12.gif

IK was a mule of some sort, I'm sure of that now. This has drugs written all over it, just like Jerry Perdomo's case. How Sam fits in, that I have no idea.

Totally agree with you. I think Sam fits in to get the money, then rewards started coming in and whoever was owed the money decided to add interest - from there it got out of control.

They originally said a dark hooded sweater in the video. Grey isn't dark. I just don't see IK as the abductor

Was the security footage black and white? If so, a grey hoodie would appear "dark" and many places in the US refer to sweatshirts as "sweaters". Just like sneakers vs tennis shoes...

They originally said a dark hooded sweater in the video. Grey isn't dark. I just don't see IK as the abductor
What about dark grey...shades of grey...as I sit here in my dark grey...and it was night-time...probably B/W camera too... ;)

Psychic Sleuth...I didn't have my crayola box handy...yes, charcoal grey? ;)

Well I refer to any shade of grey as grey. Whether it be light grey to charcoal grey. It's all grey to me. Or is it gray? I always get confused over that :)

So does this IK guy gather up a bunch of cards or make a bunch of dummy cards from skimmed info and then head south to collect wads of cash? In some ways that would make a lot of sense, but how come these cards aren't canceled? Especially ones stolen out of cars like Person A's in this case?

Also what is with the weird route he took? Is he trying to avoid detection by going to a bunch of different banks in different states? Or is there also drugs involved? He goes around the western states scamming money from ATMs and doing drug drop-offs?

I wonder if he has done this a bunch of times.

And where is the connection to Sam in any of that? If the guy is just a scam artist I don't see him suddenly deciding to pull off a somewhat challenging abduction.

Also, if this guy is a scam artist then why leave a lot of rolled up cash in plain view in his car? You'd think he would be a little smarter than that.

Well I refer to any shade of grey as grey. Whether it be light grey to charcoal grey. It's all grey to me. Or is it gray? I always get confused over that :)
It's both. ;) One is British, the other American, but by now, IIRC, either is "correct". I don't recall which is which, tho. ;)

And here I was all impressed with your crayola speak. LOL.

Meanwhile, my mind is boggling with GutFeeling's scenario. Hmmmm.

I was reading on another blog that the amount Keyes stole from the credit card is similar to the amount Samantha allegedly stole from her father. $3000? Whatever that may mean? :waitasec:

I'm having to make a big ol stretch to make any sense on this case.

So does this IK guy gather up a bunch of cards or make a bunch of dummy cards from skimmed info and then head south to collect wads of cash? In some ways that would make a lot of sense, but how come these cards aren't canceled? Especially ones stolen out of cars like Person A's in this case?

Also what is with the weird route he took? Is he trying to avoid detection by going to a bunch of different banks in different states? Or is there also drugs involved? He goes around the western states scamming money from ATMs and doing drug drop-offs?

I wonder if he has done this a bunch of times.

And where is the connection to Sam in any of that? If the guy is just a scam artist I don't see him suddenly deciding to pull off a somewhat challenging abduction.

Also, if this guy is a scam artist then why leave a lot of rolled up cash in plain view in his car? You'd think he would be a little smarter than that.

I'd bet good money his trip was about drugs. As far as leaving the rolled up cash in plain sight, my guess is he had just finished a drop off/pick up and did not have time to secure the cash just yet...had to drive away for a little bit (which would account for him driving fast or making mistakes and getting pulled over by DPS).

I still have no idea where Sam fits into all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels