AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did seem like they were desperate for it, maybe there was some sort of event or something? Not sure, but they did seem urgent.

That was one that struck me as odd, not that there aren't any Jewish people here, but we don't have like a large community, like you see in some other cities.

I was wondering if they thought IK's community may need it ... :banghead:

This case has been driving me bonkers! I've been checking the news outlets, fb, everything several times a day. I keep looking back at what LE has said, and at this point I just can't count on the fact that anything they say really has any meaning. I hope this means they know a lot more then they want to share, instead of the other way around.

I wonder if they have checked into any other properties IK may own or have ties to. I wonder if they even know of any. This guy has went through extensive lengths to stay under the radar. I'm leaning toward the human trafficking theory again. Still, nothing really adds up to make it a solid assumption. Nothing really adds up, still. This is the most exhausting case I have ever been involved in. Most cases have a clear cut "bad guy" and can be figured out with deductive reasoning. This case...is all over the map with inconsistencies and discrepancies.
I really hope they have an ace up their sleeves, so to speak.

I still really don't understand if the money was gone, why the owners weren't checking the tapes earlier. The opening barista wouldn't have had money to make change, so it should have been a red flag as soon as they opened up, yet I believe they (the owners) said there wasn't any concern until they found out SK hadn't been seen since the night before.

I wonder if they have checked into any other properties IK may own or have ties to. I wonder if they even know of any. This guy has went through extensive lengths to stay under the radar. I'm leaning toward the human trafficking theory again. Still, nothing really adds up to make it a solid assumption. Nothing really adds up, still. This is the most exhausting case I have ever been involved in. Most cases have a clear cut "bad guy" and can be figured out with deductive reasoning. This case...is all over the map with inconsistencies and discrepancies.
I really hope they have an ace up their sleeves, so to speak.

How do you mean he has gone to extensive lengths to stay under cover?

I still believe that IK is one player in some kind of ring - and I am thinking more drugs than human trafficking.

Often the people taken by traffickers are people that don't have others waiting on them to come home, the ones that won't be missed so much.

I think Sam was taken to teach someone a lesson and things have gone downhill from there. I don't think she was originally taken to be away this long - just to hurry someone to pay a debt or something.

I still really don't understand if the money was gone, why the owners weren't checking the tapes earlier. The opening barista wouldn't have had money to make change, so it should have been a red flag as soon as they opened up, yet I believe they (the owners) said there wasn't any concern until they found out SK hadn't been seen since the night before.

I never thought of that because in small businesses down here the person takes the cash and deposits it in the night safe. They leave out enough for their drawer the next morning, they make up that drawer during the course of the day. I probably assumed this is what was done.

That way they wouldn't have known the money was missing until the bank statements came in, or they checked to see the nights takings by checking the deposit made online or something during the following day.

The part about them not knowing until she was missing still confuses me too. They looked at the video and saw something suspicious. JK still hasn't seen the video but he was down at the coffee shop on the Thursday afternoon.
If the owners had called police, they would send around a patrol officer to view the video in store and he would make a call from there.

Maybe JK called the coffee shop and told them Samantha didn't come home and that is when the dirty cups left out, belongings in cubby, cash missing seemed odd. Samantha hadn't been working there long, so these things may have just be put down to the new kid.

Just struck me as odd that that seems very important to them. Maybe it's just one of the admin's baby - they thought of it - want to excel at it.

Yesterday they were desperate to have it translated to Hebrew.

I believe that grew from a post on their site, where the person told them about the property owned by IK in Constable, NY, and then stated it was near a Hebrew community. Whether the Hebrew community part is true or not, I do not know.

Also, having been born in Anchorage and lived there most of my life, I believe the culture there is very, very diverse. MOO

How do you mean he has gone to extensive lengths to stay under cover?
I mean the fact that he is so...unknown. I've read that they would throw parties, but no one really knows who this guy is. People say he keeps to himself and works a lot. He's under the radar.

I still believe that IK is one player in some kind of ring - and I am thinking more drugs than human trafficking.
Either way, I also believe he is part of a ring.

Often the people taken by traffickers are people that don't have others waiting on them to come home, the ones that won't be missed so much.
That's not always the case. Then again all the human trafficking cases I have been involved in have been in Europe, Africa, and Asia. It might be a whole new ballgame in America.

I think Sam was taken to teach someone a lesson and things have gone downhill from there. I don't think she was originally taken to be away this long - just to hurry someone to pay a debt or something.
This is a very realistic idea but if that's the case, then I fear all the "cover ups" done on the "home" side are going to spell the death of that poor girl.

Not that its reliable, but the link to the comment on ktuu, said SK was asking for gas money, and I've often wondered if IK was using her card/s, and its over $1000, that seems a lot for an 18 year old who works at a coffee shop to have on hand, even credit cards, she had only been there three weeks and her job at Harley was last summer. I haven't heard,or read, anything about her working anywhere else in between, so she may have been unemployed for quite some time. I would think if she had a credit card there probably wouldn't be much available credit, or that much money in her bank account.

If I were looking for girls to sell to traffickers, Sam would be at the bottom of my list. She lived with her father and bf,and the father has extensive ties to the Hells Angels, IIRC.

Usually traffickers and pimps can find plenty of lost runaways who do not have anybody looking for them. imo

If I were looking for girls to sell to traffickers, Sam would be at the bottom of my list. She lived with her father and bf,and the father has extensive ties to the Hells Angels, IIRC.

Usually traffickers and pimps can find plenty of lost runaways who do not have anybody looking for them. imo

This is also true, however there are people in the human trafficking business that really could care less about the Hell's Angels or anything of that sort. Perhaps it's just my previous work implementing itself into this case but I can't shake the idea of a much larger force behind one or more of the events that have transpired.

Wait a second, perhaps you guys are right. Maybe this does revolve around drugs, if that is the case. Could her father's alleged ties come into play?

I'm just trying to generate some kind of trail. As I said this case is all over the map and making sense of it is exhausting.

I understand chrome. I thought you may have read something that he had made huge efforts to stay under the radar that I missed.

I have little knowledge of human trafficking here too. The only time I have seen it mentioned is when a girl goes missing, it is always thrown out there and I just can't remember a time when that has actually been the case in the end.

Also, if the phone wasn't left and it rang until the next day when it went to voicemail, it was on until then and can't they use GPS to track where it last was? I'm sure she had a smartphone, most younger girls seem to. A lot of the apps track where you are. I don't know enough about that though, just thinking out loud.....typing out loud? Quietly?... :)

Again, my work in that field has been in Europe, Africa, and Asia. Most of those have turned out to be the case. I am relatively new to America and I'm not sure how crime really works here other than organized syndicates. My apologies.

Akmama, I have also asked about GPS tracking. I even sent a packet with applications you can use to track a phone unbeknownst to the user of said phone. I was then informed that the APD has the cell phone and tracking is not an option. This was the second week of the case.

This is also true, however there are people in the human trafficking business that really could care less about the Hell's Angels or anything of that sort. Perhaps it's just my previous work implementing itself into this case but I can't shake the idea of a much larger force behind one or more of the events that have transpired.

Just out of interest, what part do you think IK played?

I said earlier I don't think he actually did the taking of her, and I highly doubt he is at the top of the chain for anything.

We know he is involved because of the evidence found in his car - but I am thinking more along the lines of transporting her or 'taking care' of her for a while.

There was someone that said he was out of town from February 2 for two weeks (that was in a comment to a news story but actually seemed more believable than what the police are putting out.

So I think he was supposed to mind her while a debt was paid to a head honcho. Head honcho gets greedy when reward money goes up and demands interest on money owed (knowing that the father has that kind of money). IK gets bored with the baby sitting job and demands his cut to get out, he is refused and ...... dunno from there.

Wait a second, perhaps you guys are right. Maybe this does revolve around drugs, if that is the case. Could her father's alleged ties come into play?

I'm just trying to generate some kind of trail. As I said this case is all over the map and making sense of it is exhausting.

I can see a drug connection here possibly.

I have wondered if maybe, just maybe, she was being an anonymous informant because she knew some of the dealers. We know that because she apparently drove CB around during some of his deals. She might have been busted with a little bit of drugs and then turned a deal with them to trade info for being set free. It happens that way a lot when they want to go after the bigger dealers and not the little penny ante ones.

So maybe some one higher up was busted and they figured out it was her giving up the info?

Bingo. Maybe not dad, maybe another relative. But I think dad knows something or maybe he just has an idea.

Some of his speeches on facebook seem to be aimed at someone in particular, I never read them like he was pleading to a wide range of people - more someone in particular that he knew was capable of doing this.

If there is a group that is involved then I have no doubt that IK only played the role of transporter.
If he did the abduction or not is out of my reach. I agree with you more or less about his involvement, if there is a group involved. I find a lot of what the APD puts out to be hard to believe. I don't know why these are just my thoughts on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member