AK AK - Tok, WhtMale 25-35, UP12375, one-eyed hitchhiker picked up in ID, Aug'79

Is anyone familiar with this missing person? I noticed that he disappeared from near Boise, ID in September 1977, one year before this UID was allegedly picked up there. Could Bishop have been wrong about the year? There’s only one photo of Andrew, but he does appear to have similar physical features as the UID. Of course, nothing about a glass eye.

It’s probably a long shot considering it is implied that Andrew was likely lost in those woods, for whatever reason.

Andrew Michael Maloney – The Charley Project
upload_2020-8-29_17-51-6.jpegupload_2020-8-29_17-39-47.jpeg upload_2020-8-29_17-39-6.jpeg

ive been obsessed with this case for a good two years n im only just coming across this now, im glad other people are still thinking about him. i had thought he was john barreto for a while, but im seeing that someone in this thread said that he had been ruled out so i guess not aha

Reactions: mrz
they do look really similar, he resembles that first lead sketch that they did of him alot, and like as long as he lost his eye within that few months b4 he was killed i reckon its a possibility
Try checking to see if they have DNA on file for Russell Thompson and call whoever is investigating his case. From experience, you will get no where with Alaska

Try checking to see if they have DNA on file for Russell Thompson and call whoever is investigating his case. From experience, you will get no where with Alaska

pretty sure they dont got any dna or dentals or anything for him, at least thats what ive read :\

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

hey has this dude been ruled out ? seems like a pretty decent match, brown curly hair, similar height, same age.. also james sounds a bit like jack aha. that of course going on the theory that he lost his eye after he was reported missing, but yeah could someone call up for me ?? im in australia n dont have international calls

Am I correct in saying Franklin Harder and John Barretto are the only rule-outs?

I decided to consider the possibility he was from Canada and here are my two possibilities I found:
Canada's Missing | Case details
Canada's Missing | Case details
John Zeurn looks promising to me, except for the limp since I would assume it would show on the skeleton. He also went missing on my birthday which is a funny coincidence
I don't want to only go off of his killer's leads for this case. I don't trust eyewitness reports and it's strange what Bishop did and didn't remember, so I think it's fair to include Canada as a possibility for this UP's origins. David Wycotte was also traveling to the US so he could have theoretically gotten the Oregan license and lost his eye in those four years.

I want this case solved so badly. Has anyone contacted the investigators about asking the DDP or another genealogical DNA service to take the case? He would be a good candidate for that because his DNA is already on file.

Canadian currency was found in his pockets when his remains were found, so it's very possible that he could have originated from there.

They had to drive through Canada to get to Alaska so he would have definitely needed Canadian currency for that, but the fact that he didn't bother taking any US currency might indicate he was planning to go back to Canada.

snipped for focus

John Zeurn looks promising to me, except for the limp since I would assume it would show on the skeleton.

Probably, though depending on the cause, it might not have left much mark on the skeleton, for instance if it was from some kind of muscle or tendon issue. And since the UID's information is a bit sketchy, they might just not have mentioned it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back