Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

I was just looking at my notes for these guys...

The last hearings for Yazeed were 12/5/19 for the attempted murder, grand jury was supposed to meet in Jan., 2021, Aniah case last heard 6/30/20, assault last 3/7/20 & kidnapping last 12/5/19.
For Johnson - last hearing was 1/3/20.....

sure are dragging this case out....

Does anyone know IF this is the David Johnson for this case? I do have "Jr." behind his name - and this is D. Johnson III - same? I don't "think" it is as the case #s are different from what I have. Just wanted to make sure! TIA!

For Montgomery County:

Setting Date: Friday November 05, 2021
Judge TIFFANY B. MCCORD

www.AlacourtAccess.com
TM
Case Number TimeName
Judge TIFFANY B. MCCORD
03-DC-2021-002022.00 9:00 AM JOHNSON DAVID LEE III
03-DC-2021-002023.00 9:00 AM JOHNSON DAVID LEE III
03-DC-2021-002024.00 9:00 AM JOHNSON DAVID LEE III

link: Alacourt ACCESS V2.0

Maybe this is why this case has stalled... ??

Former Lee Co. DA sentenced to jail for violating ethics law while in office

Nov. 9, 2021

TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (WBRC) - The man elected to uphold the law in Lee County will now serve ten months in the Lee County Jail.

Former Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes was sentenced Tuesday for violating the state’s ethics laws and committing perjury while in office. His defense requested he serve a non-custodial sentence in a community corrections program, which was denied. In total, the judge sentenced Hughes to three years, split to serve ten months. A split sentence is hard time and isn’t subject to parole. If Hughes violates the terms of his sentence he will be required to serve 3 years.

Hughes’s convictions stem from giving false information to a Lee County Grand Jury and using $14,000 from his office’s official budget to litigate a settlement in a sex discrimination claim filed against him by a female prosecutor who was a former employee. He’s now obligated to repay those misused funds.
[.....]
Prior to Hughes’s suspension, he was directly involved in the prosecution of Ibraheem Yazeed, charged with kidnapping and capital murder in connection to the death of Homewood teen Aniah Blanchard. In December of 2019, Hughes announced his office was seeking the death penalty in this case. Blanchard’s mother, Angela Harris, attended Tuesday’s sentencing as a character witness for Hughes.

I hate it when anything happens that can jeopardise the case. If you can't trust the guys in charge, who can you trust?

AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - In October of 2019, 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard was kidnapped from a gas station in Auburn.

After a month of searching for her body, police reported it found in Macon County, later arresting three people for her murder.

Family and friends are still trying to cope with the loss.

Blanchard’s mother, Angela Harris, says she’s trying her best to stay strong after losing her first son in a car accident years before her daughter’s disappearance.

More at Family of Aniah Blanchard to host safety awareness class in honor of teen in Auburn

There has been NO movement on this case for at least 2 years...

For Yazeed I have his last hearing on 6/3/20 & Johnson on 1/3/20.

edited to add - those dates are for Aniah's case not the other charges against them.

Nov. 8, 2022

Alabama voters have passed Amendment 1 changing Section 16 of the constitution, which concerns the right to bail, a right also covered under the 8th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Section 16 says people charged with a crime, except for capital offenses, have a right to bail, and that bail cannot be excessive. Amendment 1 adds a list of serious crimes other than capital offenses for which a defendant could be held without bail before trial.

Shortly before 11 p.m. Tuesday, with 61% of the vote in, the amendment had 858,064 yes votes to 212,511 voting no -- a margin of 80-20.

16 November 2022

"The man who is accused of murdering a 19-year-old Alabama college student will face the death penalty if convicted.

Ibraheem Yazeed, 32, was recently indicted by a grand jury on three counts related to the kidnapping and murder of Aniah Blanchard in 2019.

The announcement of Yazeed's indictment was made Tuesday by state Attorney General Steve Marshall."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back