AL - Jack Wiley & Glenna Cavender for child sexual abuse, Conecuh County, Jan 2006

CNN has a video interview with him in the jail yard:

• Watch: Accused child rapist speaks from jail yard | Read

www.cnn.com link is on the right side of the main page at CNN.

Shadow,
On CNN, the article says they already have statements from the mother and from the teenage son. Says they admit to sexual contact with a 12 year old boy in Kentucky, but they can't remember the name of the county or the town. They travelled the NASCAR circuit selling beaded key chains, so they were on the road a lot.

bbmcrae said:
Wiley, dressed in an orange prison uniform, told CNN the boy also has had recent spider bites, and both children have suffered from boils.

"I believe it has something to do with spider bites, because for quite a while she would put her hands here [genitals] and hold her breath until she turned red, I mean almost as red as that truck," Wiley told CNN in an interview.

:razz: :doh: :eek: Good Grief! O.k. so why not take her to a doctor,emergency room....this guy is so full of woohoo! Oh so he has molested 40 kids or so over time, BUT not this one yeah right! String him up by the toenails and make him stay there!Sorry, but this crap is getting too friggin' out of hand!

concernedperson said:
All I can say if I was a lost little girl I would want Tracie as my mom. She saw something that no one else did. She saw it with love and determination and I have never known that kind of love. I know hardship and vacant eyes and i can pick them out with ease.But she did the ultra extra step...more than stepping on the moon with reinforcements.....she did this by herself. That is why she is a hero. No reinforcements for this gal it was guts to open.No one can discount her actions. This needs to be the person of the year and maybe the person of the decade. But in any case, this is a person to to be emulated and any other post tonight just pales in her light. But, let her light shine and bring hope to others. And bring up the spirit that we can all make a difference.We are all Tracie Dean's just waiting to happen.

concerned, this is a great post! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I saw the man on CNN last night. Aside from being a possible child molestor, I thought mental illness was also a factor (not that that would justify anything). He completely gave me the creeps. They quoted him as saying something like there were spider bites and boils on the children recently that made LE think there was sexual abuse. That made absolutely no sense to me.

I haven't read through all the links yet. Have they conducted the DNA tests on all to see exactly who is who? The "mother" and "father" look related to me. Possible incest??

bbmcrae said:
I just saw a picture of this guy. Guilty.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/29/alabama.abuse/index.html

VERGREEN, Alabama (CNN) -- A man charged with raping a 3-year-old girl who has been living with him and a woman who may be her mother blamed spider bites Sunday for the child's genital scarring.

Jack Wiley, 58, and Glenna Faye Marshall, 40, were arrested in southern Alabama last week and charged with abusing the toddler and a 17-year-old boy. Police said Wiley is charged with sodomizing the teenager.

Wiley, dressed in an orange prison uniform, told CNN the boy also has had recent spider bites, and both children have suffered from boils.

Marshall told investigators she is the girl's mother, and has admitted there was sexual contact between Wiley and the child, according to Conecuh County District Attorney Tommy Chapman.

But Wiley insists the scarring is the result of something else.

"I believe it has something to do with spider bites, because for quite a while she would put her hands here [genitals] and hold her breath until she turned red, I mean almost as red as that truck," Wiley told CNN in an interview.

"I would give the world if I could get two really good doctors to examine her. I mean, I am worse than Charles Manson right now as far as the country is concerned," he said, referring to the convicted killer accused of ordering the 1969 murder of actress Sharon Tate and several others.

"I'm guilty of a lot of crimes. I don't care what they send me to prison for, but not hurting my kid. I love her," Wiley said.

I thought it was interesting to note that Mom now admits to the sexual contact between the man and the child, and that she has admitted that they abused a 12 year old boy in Kentucky.

mysteriew said:
I thought it was interesting to note that Mom now admits to the sexual contact between the man and the child, and that she has admitted that they abused a 12 year old boy in Kentucky.

OMG, I hadn't seen this yet when I posted above.

Is there any more news on Tracie Dean? I wonder if they are keeping her updated on everything.

I still would like to know what information LE has to make the statement that Wiley was suspected of molesting an estimated 40 other children in several other states.
They have to have something to base that on. Yes, the woman has admitted to them having sexual conduct with the 12 yo boy in KY. Has she told them about all of these other kids or what? I think that this case is going to be huge considering that statement made by LE and the amount of travelling that these two did. Wiley said that they travel the country with the NASCAR circuit. That covers a very large area of the country including many states. I think it would be a good idea to start looking into crimes involving children that occured in these states and around the dates of races. Here is a list of the tracks:

track_information.gif
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
Bristol Motor Speedway
California Speedway
Chicagoland Speedway
Darlington Raceway
Daytona Int'l Speedway
Dover Int'l Speedway
Gateway Int'l Raceway
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis Raceway Park
Infineon Raceway
Kansas Speedway
Kentucky Speedway
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
pixel.gif
Lowe's Motor Speedway
Mansfield Motorsports Speedway
Martinsville Speedway
Memphis Motorsports Park
Michigan Int'l Speedway
The Milwaukee Mile
Nashville Superspeedway
Nazareth Speedway
New Hampshire Int'l Speedway
Phoenix Int'l Raceway
Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway
Pocono Raceway
Richmond Int'l Raceway
Talladega Superspeedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Watkins Glen International

I notice that the latest artile gives her name as Glenna Faye Marshall. I wonder if this is her real name or will there be more to come.

I hope they give the DNA results soon. I'm anxious to know the relationship of all of them.

WOW! What an amazing woman!!

This story is heartbreaking and touching at the same time. I also just wanted to let you know that I emailed Oprah too!

I heard one report say that Jack Wiley, if that is who he really is, has as many as 8 alias's complete with social security numbers to go with them. I am sure that she probably has a few too. What I have heard so far for the female is:

Glenna Faye Cavender
Rose Marshall
Glenna Marshall

rainbow said:
I notice that the latest artile gives her name as Glenna Faye Marshall. I wonder if this is her real name or will there be more to come.

I hope they give the DNA results soon. I'm anxious to know the relationship of all of them.

When they talked about attempted arson in Cal. I thought they meant that Wiley have been convicted of it. Evidently he was wanted there for the attempted arson.
Included in the article is an uncaptioned picture of Wiley, with a young female child. The child's face has been blurred out.
http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.36822.html

Shadow205 said:
I still would like to know what information LE has to make the statement that Wiley was suspected of molesting an estimated 40 other children in several other states.
They have to have something to base that on. Yes, the woman has admitted to them having sexual conduct with the 12 yo boy in KY. Has she told them about all of these other kids or what? I think that this case is going to be huge considering that statement made by LE and the amount of travelling that these two did. Wiley said that they travel the country with the NASCAR circuit. That covers a very large area of the country including many states. I think it would be a good idea to start looking into crimes involving children that occured in these states and around the dates of races. Here is a list of the tracks:

track_information.gif
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
Bristol Motor Speedway
California Speedway
Chicagoland Speedway
Darlington Raceway
Daytona Int'l Speedway
Dover Int'l Speedway
Gateway Int'l Raceway
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis Raceway Park
Infineon Raceway
Kansas Speedway
Kentucky Speedway
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
pixel.gif
Lowe's Motor Speedway
Mansfield Motorsports Speedway
Martinsville Speedway
Memphis Motorsports Park
Michigan Int'l Speedway
The Milwaukee Mile
Nashville Superspeedway
Nazareth Speedway
New Hampshire Int'l Speedway
Phoenix Int'l Raceway
Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway
Pocono Raceway
Richmond Int'l Raceway
Talladega Superspeedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Watkins Glen International

I think you're right Shadow. Tracie Dean may have unknowingly brought attention to something much bigger than just saving this one little girl. There is no telling how long these people were molesting innocent children. :furious: It may have been for years. I'm so anxious to hear something back on the DNA results.

mysteriew said:
When they talked about attempted arson in Cal. I thought they meant that Wiley have been convicted of it. Evidently he was wanted there for the attempted arson.
Included in the article is an uncaptioned picture of Wiley, with a young female child. The child's face has been blurred out.
http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.36822.html

They showed that picture and many others last night on CNN with the little girl's face blurred out. This guy makes me sick just to look at him.

mysteriew said:
There is a group that lives in the US, they are loosely connected together, more or less they are old fashioned gypsies. They roam around, from state to state, city to city. They are often associated with scams like the fix your driveway scam, shoplifting, things like that. LE will occasionally get one, but normally they commit their crimes, then when things get to hot, they leave. There is a name for them, but I forget what they are called. As I said, they are loosely connected, they all know who is connected but no one else seems to know who is involved. They often marry within the group. They are very secretive. I heard about them in relation to a Mom who slapped her child pretty severely in a Cin. shopping centre, the hunt for the Mom got a lot of news coverage and the TV stations did quite a bit of explaining about the group. I wonder if these people aren't connected?

They're known as either "Travelers" or "Johnsons".

Shadow205 said:
According to everything that I have found Doc, they are doing DNA to establish if these 2 children are indeed their children. One article I read said the boy is the womans son and the other said he is her brother.
Hey, he's probably both.

Every day, we pass litter tossed on the ground, cars stranded on the highway and people fallen on hard times. Most of us just keep going, assuming somebody else will step up and take responsibility.

Dean deserves all the applause she's earning for forcing authorities to listen to her. So do the other Georgians who took responsibility last year to call in 87,000 suspicions of child abuse and neglect. Of the 72,000 reports that warranted investigation, 27,000 were substantiated abuse or neglect cases.
http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/stories/0131edabuse.html
Some Georgians — teachers, health care workers, therapists and counselors— are mandated by law to report suspected abuse. However, all of us have a moral obligation to speak for endangered children unable to speak for themselves.

Two children are safe today because of Dean's willingness to honor that obligation.

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/news/1138702838236660.xml&coll=3

"He said he's been running (from the law) for 35 years," Hawsey said. "I believe we will know more about who these children are by Saturday."

Meanwhile, Hawsey said, Cavender is telling stories of a life of crime in places as far flung as Miami and Baltimore. In various accounts to officers, Cavender said she and Wiley had sex with a 12-year-old Kentucky boy, sold an infant on the black market and had sexual encounters with children across the country, Hawsey said. But details are so vague, Hawsey said, the stories are difficult to verify.

Hawsey said Cavender has used the surnames names Wiley, Marshall and Ringwelski, and has served time in prison for aggravated robbery and prostitution. She and Jack Wiley ran afoul of the law in Florida when they were caught taking water from relief shelters and selling it after Hurricane Andrew. Her criminal record begins in 1987, Hawsey said.

Jack Wiley has a criminal record beginning in 1972 including charges for rape, burglary, arson and possessing bomb-making materials, Hawsey said. One alias he used, Daniel Gene Wiley, carries a charge of lewd and lascivious acts with a child in Fresno, Calif., Hawsey said. Charges for both suspects go on for several pages, Hawsey said, and come from states far flung.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back