AL - Jack Wiley & Glenna Cavender for child sexual abuse, Conecuh County, Jan 2006

In the interview with Jack Wiley, he said that "People already think of him as worse than Charles Manson". I have been thinking about that statement, is he referring to the allegations of abuse involving the little girl & the 17 yo boy? Was he referring to how people in his close knit world think of him because they know things that he has done that we don't know about yet? To compare yourself to Charles Manson is rather extreme.

I am still searching for cases that might be related to Wiley & Marshall. While it is like finding a needle in a haystack, I have found one that might be worth looking closer at. There is a thread in cold case about the murder of a family in Basset,VA. Here is the link http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31716

August 16, 2002

Child missing after parents killed; abduction suspected

Family, area stunned by dual homicide

By JOHN HALE
Bulletin Staff Writer

Police and volunteers from six jurisdictions worked into the night Thursday searching for 9-year-old Jennifer Renee Short, whom police fear was abducted when her parents were shot to death in their Bassett area home.

The body of Michael Wayne Short, 50, was discovered about 9 a.m. Thursday by Christopher Thompson, a friend and coworker of Michael Short, according to Henry County Sheriff's Capt. Kimmy Nester. When authorities arrived and searched the house, they found Short's wife, Mary Hall Short, 36.

more at this link http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/Archive/2002/Aug%20'02/a081602.htm

Remains, which were later identified as those of Jennifer Short were discovered Wednesday afternoon near houses on Grogan Road in Rockingham County, near U.S. 220 between Stoneville and Madison, N.C. in late September.

The reason that I mention this case is the location. The Shorts lived about 10 miles from the Martinsville, Va. There is a NASCAR track there. Wiley and Marshall travel the NASCAR circuit. There was no race in Martinsville at the time of the Short murder but there was one in Bristol, TN on August 24th. Bristol is only 3hrs from Martinsville, VA. Is it possible that they were passing through Basset, VA on thier way to Bristol. Is it possible that they had contacts in Martinsville from previous races? I could be way off base on this but I think it is worth considering at least.
I will also mention that there was a person of interest in the Short family murder however he was never charged and to this date no arrest has been made.

Shadow, you might check out if the raceway is ever used for anything other than races. Like when there is no race, do they ever sponser car shows, bike shows, or any other activities that a regular vendor might learn about and decide to participate in. Like if he had been in Bristol, he might show up there for the weekend before moving on to a race somewhere else?

Rainbow,

Thanks for the link to that article. A couple of thing in it caught my eye.

Investigators have yet to determine how -- or if -- the adults and children are related.
On Monday, local officers worked alongside an investigator from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children examining government records reviewing Social Security numbers the two adults gave for the children that did not match their identities.

District Attorney Tommy Chapman said the missing children center offered to provide at no cost to the county DNA testing with results available in three days rather than the weeks state testing would take. Chapman said local officials eagerly accepted the offer from the nonprofit child advocacy group.

It looks to me like there is still a strong possibility that these children are indeed missing children by the NCMEC being involved. And who was the baby that they supposedly sold on the black market? Where did that baby come from?

Every day, we pass litter tossed on the ground, cars stranded on the highway and people fallen on hard times. Most of us just keep going, assuming somebody else will step up and take responsibility.
Ummm... please don't stop to help some one stranded on the side of the road. You never know if they are armed, if there is someone waiting in the car who's going to pop out at you, etc. Most people have cell phones nowadays, and should be able to call for help. If you see someone who you are especially concerned for it is better to note where they are located and give a call to the police then it is to stop and get out of your car.

What's weird is that in the one interview I saw of him, he was talking the usual career criminal B.S. re conspiracies etc., but he seemed desperate to make himself look like something more dangerous/butch than a child molester.

Well, I for one, would like to hear more about this baby sold on the black market. Was it a baby they kidnapped? Was it her baby?

This story is so awful!

gingersnap said:
Well, I for one, would like to hear more about this baby sold on the black market. Was it a baby they kidnapped? Was it her baby?

This story is so awful!
Like I said before, I think this case is much worse than any of us know at this point. In reference to the baby that they sold on the black market. Did they sell it to someone who wanted a baby or to some monster who wanted a baby for unthinkable reasons? OMG, this story is making me ill.

The officer who took her seriously should be commended to ,why didnt they pick up on something when they supposedly did a registration check when she rang the first time.With the doubts that are being told of them being missing kids I immedieatly thought of sharon marshall ,her life would have been just like this poor little girl and the boy.I hope they get them for everything they have done.

BillyGoatGruff said:
What's weird is that in the one interview I saw of him, he was talking the usual career criminal B.S. re conspiracies etc., but he seemed desperate to make himself look like something more dangerous/butch than a child molester.
BillyGoatGruff, I noticed this too! I was wondering if he was posturing. Knowing "if I am on my way back to prison I want to go in with a bad *advertiser censored** criminal reputation vs a child molester"...Just seemed curious to me too.

Shadow205 you might know the answer. Wasn't there a missing unidentified girl or women found wearing a NASCAR type jacket?

Shadow205 said:
Like I said before, I think this case is much worse than any of us know at this point. In reference to the baby that they sold on the black market. Did they sell it to someone who wanted a baby or to some monster who wanted a baby for unthinkable reasons? OMG, this story is making me ill.

This story is making me ill also. What scares me is what else have these two done and to whom? I think this case is going to turn out much bigger than originally thought. So, so sad.

BillyGoatGruff said:
That could be one possibility. The other possibility is that he has accepted what he has done, to such an extent that sees nothing wrong with it, much as Duncan did in his writings. Kind of a "yes, society will see it as wrong, but really it ain't nothin' " type of attitude.

Mysteriew,

Did you notice that in the article that you just posted, they are back to calling her Glenna Cavender? The last couple of articles have listed her last name as Marshall. I wonder if that is an indication that they have determined her identity?

Shadow205 said:
Mysteriew,

Did you notice that in the article that you just posted, they are back to calling her Glenna Cavender? The last couple of articles have listed her last name as Marshall. I wonder if that is an indication that they have determined her identity?

I don't know. Different articles seem to call her different things. Most are calling him Jack Wiley though he is supposed to have eight or more identities along with social security cards to match. I am not sure how that works in determining their original identity. From what I have read though, both have convictions under multiple names, so it looks as though no one ever checked that out before. I am not sure how they would determine original identity, unless it is to go back to the earliest known contact with law enforcement, but with this couple- I don't think that will be any real confirmation of their original names.
Hey, I just had a weird thought. Remember the guy who said they stayed with him after one of the hurricanes? He said they presented themselves as a father/dau and her kids. But didn't he also say that Wiley, Marshall/Cavenish, and the little girl all stayed in the same room and the boy slept on a couch in another room? I wonder how many beds there were in the room they stayed in?

If I remember correctly the reporter commented on only one bed in the room and plastic bins and suitcases with clothing spilling out. That is how he described the room.
mysteriew said:
I don't know. Different articles seem to call her different things. Most are calling him Jack Wiley though he is supposed to have eight or more identities along with social security cards to match. I am not sure how that works in determining their original identity. From what I have read though, both have convictions under multiple names, so it looks as though no one ever checked that out before. I am not sure how they would determine original identity, unless it is to go back to the earliest known contact with law enforcement, but with this couple- I don't think that will be any real confirmation of their original names.
Hey, I just had a weird thought. Remember the guy who said they stayed with him after one of the hurricanes? He said they presented themselves as a father/dau and her kids. But didn't he also say that Wiley, Marshall/Cavenish, and the little girl all stayed in the same room and the boy slept on a couch in another room? I wonder how many beds there were in the room they stayed in?

Shadow205 said:
If I remember correctly the reporter commented on only one bed in the room and plastic bins and suitcases with clothing spilling out. That is how he described the room.
And the man who offered for them to stay there said that he didn't see any problems at his home. Well if he didn't think it was unusual for a father, adult dau, and granddau. to all be sleeping in the one bed- guess we know how reliable he is.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back