Alexei Navalny - Found dead in Russian prison

The trove of nearly 500 photographs of “Putin’s palace”, published by Alexei Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Fund, show that the palatial mansion on Russia’s Black Sea coast has a vast marble swimming pool decorated with busts of Greek gods, a hookah lounge with a pole for dancing, a wine cellar, theatre, and other gaudily decorated amenities.

This is a warning to NATO. Fearless man who survived so much, tragically met his final fate. RIP
BBC had a couple different Russians, Putin associated Russians, one being quoted, one being interviewed (with an extremely thick accent making it hard to distinguish every word) saying the "junta" leaders in Ukraine were responsible and NATO was responsible for Navalny's death.

I'm still trying to find the logic behind those thoughts. Anybody?

The trove of nearly 500 photographs of “Putin’s palace”, published by Alexei Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Fund, show that the palatial mansion on Russia’s Black Sea coast has a vast marble swimming pool decorated with busts of Greek gods, a hookah lounge with a pole for dancing, a wine cellar, theatre, and other gaudily decorated amenities.

Yeah the one Putin said that's not mine.

The world had a true hero killed.
Imagine the world living in peace,love.
I think maybe a lot of folks are not clear who/what Navalny was. He was very anti-Putin and very much against the corruption that Putin used. But he was also a strong nationalist and in favor of annexing Crimea. Russia certainly would have been better with him than Putin, but I'm not sure Ukraine would have been.

I think maybe a lot of folks are not clear who/what Navalny was. He was very anti-Putin and very much against the corruption that Putin used. But he was also a strong nationalist and in favor of annexing Crimea. Russia certainly would have been better with him than Putin, but I'm not sure Ukraine would have been.
He was for annexing Crimea by invading and brutal military force or a democratic vote of the peoples who lived there?

He was for annexing Crimea by invading and brutal military force or a democratic vote of the peoples who lived there?
We have no idea. I doubt Navalny would have done that. Part of Putin's plan is embedding in other motivations. Invading Ukraine was a stragic mistake that I doubt Navalny would have made. But my point is that many people are very misguided about Navalny. He would have been a better more fair leader for sure. But we has not pro-West despite Putin's attempts to label him that way and despite Navalny's encouragement of that perception. It is horrific that he is dead and there can be little doubt that he was likely murdered by pro-Putin forces. He was a threat to Putin for sure. He very well may have been a bit more easy to negotiate with if he were the Russian leader, perhaps more predictable, but he would not have been our friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back