Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't that mean that someone, likely RS or AK was there to turn on the computer? Doesn't that support their shared alibis that they were at RS' apt. in bed? Are you saying that they murdered Meredith, then went to RS' apt. to be there at 5:30 am, then went back to clean up the scene?

From 12:00 or whenever it was, until 5:30 am is a long time. I don't understand your question.

What are "all these things" and where does she say she was "shocked" after the first trip?

The front door was open but the lock was defective. No need to panic over that.

There was a tiny blood stain in the sink in a shared bathroom.

There was a red stain on the bathmat.

Meredith's door was closed and she could have been sleeping in. Amanda didn't know what time she got home the previous night.

There was crap in a toilet in the bathroom that didn't belong to her. That's strange and unusual but no need for panic.

She mentions this to Raffaele and he says they should go take look together. Seems perfectly reasonable and plausible. Then the broken window is discovered, more blood stains in the bathroom, the locked door and Meredith's phones switched off. They called Filomena, family then police.

How can any of this be suspicious?

The cottage was the scene of a murder with apparently visible bloody footprints in the hallway, blood smears on the wall, blood dripping down the edge of the bathroom door, bloody footprint on the bath mat, broken window, open front door and all sorts of evidence of at the very least a break in. That should have shocked Knox, but it didn't. Two and a half hours later, even though nothing had changed in the two and a half hours, suddeny she was so panicked that Sollecito tried to break Meredith's bedroom door, but then she was so relaxed after the police arrived that she assured them that Meredith routinely locked her bedroom door (a lie).

That would only apply to Laura, right? Philomena wouldn't have been stopped by a closed door to her own room. If they left to sleep for some time before cleaning up the scene, and someone came home, they'd have been caught whether or not they staged a robbery and broke a window.

Maybe you aren't understanding what I am saying here.

Had Filomena came home while they were there and her door was shut. They could've acted shocked at her discovery.

Now imagine Filomena comes home with them there and the kitchen window is broke or the French doors and they haven't called her or the police.

That's very complicated! You think they would break the window and remain there? It seems very risky thing to do. Like totally nuts! I would have broken the window as the last thing before leaving the place.

Even better thing to do would be to just leave the door open, pretending the murderer forced himself in or picked the lock.

Well murder sounds nuts to me, so who knows.

Yes. I think that is entirely possible. She could have been texting someone, talking on the phone. Are you saying there is NO way she could have not noticed?? I do believe it was dark?

It was dark so she went walking through the house feeling her way around in the dark to get to her room??

??

Maybe you aren't understanding what I am saying here.

Had Filomena came home while they were there and her door was shut. They could've acted shocked at her discovery.

Now imagine Filomena comes home with them there and the kitchen window is broke or the French doors and they haven't called her or the police.

Why not break the window just before leaving?

I understand why you put it this way, but it's not a good comparison - one person saying they were home alone vs. two people supporting each others' alibi. Maybe RS would never have been charged at all if they didn't need to discredit Ak's alibi by making him a defendant also.

RS has told many different stories. If he was really innocent, why the need to change stories all the time? Wouldn't he just have one story and stick to it? And also stick to one story, THE TRUTH, about Amanda too?

Ain't got nothin' to remember when it's the truth.....

What was said to Filomena in the first call and where were they when they made that call?
Did amanda mention that she had already called Meredith and got no answer?

I don't believe the shower took place at all. In fact IMO it's one of the least believable parts of the whole story.

When Knox first phoned Filomina, Filomina was immediately worried about Meredith and asked Knox to phone her. Knox had already phoned Meredith and got no answer, but she didn't share that information with Filomina in that conversation.

Massei remarks on the fact that Knox showered the night before at Sollecito's apartment and that there was a plan to go to Gubbio, so it wasn't believable that she had to have a second shower and wash her ears again in the morning. Additionally, on the afternoon of the murder, she looks anything but freshly showered and blow dried.

The cottage was the scene of a murder with apparently visible bloody footprints in the hallway, blood smears on the wall, blood dripping down the edge of the bathroom door, bloody footprint on the bath mat, broken window, open front door and all sorts of evidence of at the very least a break in. That should have shocked Knox, but it didn't. Two and a half hours later, even though nothing had changed in the two and a half hours, suddeny she was so panicked that Sollecito tried to break Meredith's bedroom door, but then she was so relaxed after the police arrived that she assured them that Meredith routinely locked her bedroom door (a lie).

If what you described were true then I'd probably agree with you.

I understand. If it is good enough for him and LaNazzione, then let it stand. Rain is often very local and we may not be able to access that exact point in history in any case.

In any case, SMK, if the prosecutor is wrong, won't the defense have a chance to refute their claim that it was raining?

I don't get what the big deal is.

Not like the defense doesn't get a chance to talk too, they can bring evidence that it didn't rain that day or whatever they think.

RS has told many different stories. If he was really innocent, why the need to change stories all the time? Wouldn't he just have one story and stick to it? And also stick to one story, THE TRUTH, about Amanda too?

Ain't got nothin' to remember when it's the truth.....

He sure did. One of his alibi claims was that Meredith's blood might be found on his knife because she had dinner at his apartment and, at that imaginery meal, he accidentally cut her with his knife.

He sure did. One of his alibi claims was that Meredith's blood might be found on his knife because she had dinner at his apartment and, at that imaginery meal, he accidentally cut her with his knife.

Now that's some alibi! Did he make a statement to the police about it?

I thought they were coldly calculating which window to break, anticipating many moves ahead like chess grandmasters.

I don't think it takes a genius to break the window in the room they can shut off and pretend to not notice until they are ready.

I've already answered your question of breaking the window last.

What if a roommate had returned home before the window was broke?

They did wait over two hours from the "shower" to actually calling the cops.

I actually find it odd that they waited so long between calling Filomena and finally calling the police.

I wouldn't call that an "alibi claim"

I read his diary and see an innocent guy banged up in an isolation cell trying to work out what the hell was going on after the cops told him they have this evidence which was false.

I don't think it takes a genius to break the window in the room they can shut off and pretend to not notice until they are ready.

I actually find it odd that they waited so long between calling Filomena and finally calling the police.

How did they just happen to guess Guede's MO though? Did they get lucky or did Guede tell them "btw, I recently broke into a law firm via a second story window breaking the glass with a rock" before he went off dancing?

So you did climb out of a swimming pool a few times? :)

Obviously because there are bars that stop him from going any further.

You do believe the guy in the video is lying on purpose when he says
"You can pull yourself up and go in the window without bars..."?

Do you believe he is supported by something out of the frame and it's a TV trick?

Climbing out of a swimming pool and climbing into a practically second-floor window of a house are two completely different things!!

Also, when climbing out of a swimming pool, your upper body is above the surface you're holding onto, so you can put a lot of strength on your arms to hoist you up. That's totally different from being below somewhere, then reaching up and having to hoist yourself up.....which means you have to hoist all your body weight up using, like Otto said, practically your fingertips.

It's not like in the gym where you see the guys doing the chin-ups/pull-ups with the bar. That is a bar that can wrap all their fingers around and then pull themselves up.

The windowsill is a ledge. He would have had nothing to grip onto, as would be the case with a bar.

Logic, logic.

I just do not see how it's possible from so far down below.

Well, what if? It's not like they had anything to do in the flat. Why would they stay there at all, with the body in the room? Makes no sense.

Yes, that makes no sense. Why not alarm Filomena or the cops when everything was ready. The guilt scenario makes zero sense. Both the group killing and the aftermath.

How did they just happen to guess Guede's MO though? Did they get lucky or did Guede tell them "btw, I recently broke into a law firm via a second story window breaking the glass with a rock" before he went off dancing?

Guede's MO was to climb on the balcony and enter through the French doors to steal a laptop. That isn't what happened at the cottage.

Where did you read that a rock was involved in the lawyer office laptop theft?

Climbing out of a swimming pool and climbing into a practically second-floor window of a house are two completely different things!!

Also, when climbing out of a swimming pool, your upper body is above the surface you're holding onto, so you can put a lot of strength on your arms to hoist you up. That's totally different from being below somewhere, then reaching up and having to hoist yourself up.....which means you have to hoist all your body weight up using, like Otto said, practically your fingertips.

It's not like in the gym where you see the guys doing the chin-ups/pull-ups with the bar. That is a bar that can wrap all their fingers around and then pull themselves up.

The windowsill is a ledge. He would have had nothing to grip onto, as would be the case with a bar.

Logic, logic.

I just do not see how it's possible from so far down below.

How did the guy on TV did it? He clearly lifts himself well above the windowsill without grabbing anything.

I understand you agree with Otto that it was faked with TV tricks and they suspended him on invisible wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary