Any apps compatible now that Tapatalk isn’t?

I am wondering the same. I’m guessing the answer is no? I would love to come back from my hiatus. I’ve barely participated since losing Tapatalk because of difficulty using the site via my Safari browser.

I'm not quite sure where to post this so please delete and forgive if I've messed this up!

I'm wondering if Tapatalk access was ever restored to the forum or if it will be? I'm one of the many who so unfortunately had to quit enjoying websleuths when it was removed though if I remember correctly just a single setting needed to be turned on to fix it.

Just wondering! With so much free time all of a sudden it would be great to catch up! Stay healthy and safe all!

I'm not quite sure where to post this so please delete and forgive if I've messed this up!

I'm wondering if Tapatalk access was ever restored to the forum or if it will be? I'm one of the many who so unfortunately had to quit enjoying websleuths when it was removed though if I remember correctly just a single setting needed to be turned on to fix it.

Just wondering! With so much free time all of a sudden it would be great to catch up! Stay healthy and safe all!
I am pretty new here and have seen the word Tapatalk
when reading posts, etc. Idk what it is. If it is or was here I have not run across it. Maybe if you can tell me what it is or more info, I maybe able to help.

It's both a website and an app that let's you visit and save all of your favorite forums in one place. It also has many more options for saving posts, post and reply notifications and plenty more.
Its almost essential if you visit more than one forum as it makes it so easy to check all at once.

From an earlier thread about Tapatalk removal: "Tapatalk support tells me the websleuths admin needs to re-install a plug in."

Last edited:
It's both a website and an app that let's you visit and save all of your favorite forums in one place. It also has many more options for saving posts, post and reply notifications and plenty more.
Its almost essential if you visit more than one forum as it makes it so easy to check all at once.

From an earlier thread about Tapatalk removal: "Tapatalk support tells me the websleuths admin needs to re-install a plug in."
Thank you for the helpful reponse.
Did it ever get installed?

I don't know what Tapatalk was, but do you click on "Watch Thread" to keep track of all you want to follow under your Watched Threads? And you can modify your "Alerts" to alert you just to the options you choose. Those are the main ways I keep track of things here.

Thank you yes I am aware of those options. I basically gave up and removed this forum from my bookmarks and social media, I just don't think they are going to fix it for us. It really sucks because I loved catching up on details of crimes I follow! You're all amazing for trying to help and stay safe out there!

I have a forum question: With the server we are on now, is it possible to increase the number of posts/page so that I don't have to scroll through 33 pages of a thread to read it all?

I have a forum question: With the server we are on now, is it possible to increase the number of posts/page so that I don't have to scroll through 33 pages of a thread to read it all?

Hey! Good to 'see' you!

I remember that feature from Ye Olden Tymes, and don't think that's available now?

Could be wrong, I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

Good morning from France,

For some UID, I found elements possibly linking to enforced disappearances.

I have questions on how to approach them on WS, as even after reading TOS for 10 times, I still have doubts to clear up.

Cross-posting from Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 :
Which brings me a question for you.
In this forum, how can we call a disappeared by enforced disappearance?

IMHO, a MP is a missing person in a typical sense.

The disappeared are a whole other ballgame, as the State makes them disappear, refuse to acknowledge their faith nor wherabouts and do everything to conceal their existance. And their family and friends can even be in danger for trying to find the person, filing a MP report is not even an option in the case of enforced disappearances.

I know that there are plenty of MP who are not reported missing for many possible reasons, or which report has been destroyed.
But I stress that it's a whole different issue from enforced disappearances. In the case of disappeared, the State does everything to conceal the person's existance. In typical unreported MPs, the reason of non reporting are very different, however, it's not a matter where the State wants to erase person's existance because of being opposed with State regime's ideas.

International Convention against Enforced Disappearance: OHCHR | Convention CED
The Art 5 states that:
Article 5

The widespread or systematic practice of enforced disappearance constitutes a crime against humanity as defined in applicable international law and shall attract the consequences provided for under such applicable international law.
RBBM the crux of the specific aspect.

The problem is even worse when enforced disappearance is done in inter-country cooperation as in the case with US South American dictatures in the '70s-'80s era.

1) What to do when there is no MSM nor LE source, but only associations working on them, SM in memory of a specific disappeared or only a comment made by a victim after an article? For Argentina enforced disappearances, I notice that Wikipedia and even Facebook is much more reliable than US declassified documents about reporting a victim's fate.
The biggest problem with enforced disappearances is, as I explain above, the State will do anything to conceal someone's fate and the family can even be disappeared if she dares reporting her love one.

2) For hispanic & lusophone countries, the homonymy is a real problem. For example, with a case, I found so many homonyms that it got the same result as nothing.

3) What term can we use to differentiate the case of enforced disappearances, killed in exile with a MP as we commonly define on WS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back