April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is for speculation--about a lot of everything since we don't know the 'facts' about many aspects of their relationship, her murder, his involvement, etc. You have to accept the speculation along with the 'facts'

Agreed, but sometimes the conclusions drawn seem really far fetched to me.

I think that when Brad participated in the deposition with Alice Stubbs, he had received legal advice not to do that. No lawyer in his right mind would advise his client, who was obviously a suspect in his wife's murder, to do that. Brad did it anyway, because he did not want to lose custody of his kids. To me, that shows he wanted them and he loved them.

It could just be me, but I took his participating in the custody battle differently than you did.

IMHO, he used that opportunity to get his story out, tell the world what a bad person NC was.

I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet, there will be more than one juror who takes it the way I saw it.

Frankly, I was shocked at the way he spoke of his allegedly dearly departed wife. Honestly, I've NEVER heard anyone speak of the dead as BC did about NC in those custody documents he filed. His being under suspicion is NO EXCUSE, in my book..................none.

JMHO
fran

I completely agree that BC should have been a suspect, or at least a person of interest, from early on. This is why I think it is SO disingenuous for the detectives to say he wasn't a person of interest. Particularly when I don't think anyone would fault them for saying "yeah, we zeroed in on the husband, wouldn't anyone?" But then, they should also continue to look at other people, and they've stated they did not. I think *that* is precisely where they went wrong. Instead, they zeroed in on him, and keep saying things like "it was a safety detail" instead of surveillance of "we would have looked at other people, but they weren't married to her."

I agree. They should have just come right out and said, "We couldn't clear the husband, so he continued to be a suspect." Bring it right out, don't try to shuffle out of it. That made them look deceitful.

I thought the whole argument over the money was that he wasn't going to give it to her that week because she had just received $240 from JA for painting. Isn't that what they were arguing about at the Duncan's?

If that was the story, then why didn't he just say that. Why didn't he say to the police and to AS on the deposition tapes, "I didn't think she deserved the allowance that week. She made extra money painting. She was upset with me because I told her to grocery shop on the paint money." Noooooooo, he said he "forgot" to give her the money and that he "offered to drive home from work and give it to her," WHICH he didn't, I might add. NEVER - not on his way home, not the next morning - why? She was on her way to being dead.

Agreed, but sometimes the conclusions drawn seem really far fetched to me.

Good heavens, I agree with the far fetched speculation. But the more common sense speculations are part of the game. They have to be as that is what drives an investigation from the very earliest moments. And it is what drives us, here, to form opinions on even the tiniest bits of information.

If that was the story, then why didn't he just say that. Why didn't he say to the police and to AS on the deposition tapes, "I didn't think she deserved the allowance that week. She made extra money painting. She was upset with me because I told her to grocery shop on the paint money." Noooooooo, he said he "forgot" to give her the money and that he "offered to drive home from work and give it to her," WHICH he didn't, I might add. NEVER - not on his way home, not the next morning - why? She was on her way to being dead.

I do remember that now, there was testimony by her friends that he told her he wasn't going to give her the money because she had earned money from painting.

Good heavens, I agree with the far fetched speculation. But the more common sense speculations are part of the game. They have to be as that is what drives an investigation from the very earliest moments. And it is what drives us, here, to form opinions on even the tiniest bits of information.

Granted, my definition of far fetched may not be the same as another person's.

It could just be me, but I took his participating in the custody battle differently than you did.

IMHO, he used that opportunity to get his story out, tell the world what a bad person NC was.

I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet, there will be more than one juror who takes it the way I saw it.

Frankly, I was shocked at the way he spoke of his allegedly dearly departed wife. Honestly, I've NEVER heard anyone speak of the dead as BC did about NC in those custody documents he filed. His being under suspicion is NO EXCUSE, in my book..................none.

JMHO
fran

I agree, Fran. But I also think it was a little more two-fold. He was going to fight the Rentz like he was going to fight NC, because, let's face it, there was still going to be that nasty little deal with child support. And if he didn't want to pay it to NC, he damn sure didn't want to pay it to the Rentz. My take on BC is that he was going to get custody of those children and then make a move on HM to be his new lady-in-waiting to take care of him and his children - and if that didn't work out he would pack them off to his parents while he jetsetted and Iron Man'd himself wherever he wanted to and with whomever he wanted to sending them a little allowance along the way.

That's ok, our various themes on what's considered far fetched make it interesting at times.
Although last week when the subject of the neighbors hacking into Brad's computer signal and planting evidence was a bit more than far fetched in my opinion.

I do remember that now, there was testimony by her friends that he told her he wasn't going to give her the money because she had earned money from painting.

Oh, I have no doubt that's what he told Nancy. I'm sure he didn't come out and tell Nancy, "Oh, by the way, I'm not going to pay you the allowance this week because I'm planning on killing you Friday night."

Why didn't he tell the police and AS he didn't pay her was because of the painting income? He was trying to hide a little something called murder and he needed to look good. So it looked much better if he had just been forgetful and forgot to leave her the money.

That is why I earlier joked about Vizzini in the Princess Bride who kept saying things like something would be absolutely and totally inconceivable, then discover maybe that wasn't true.

Well--that, and she got $700 the week before. And BC offered to drive home from work to bring her the cash, and she said not to worry about it.

HE said he offered to drive home. I don't believe that for one single minute. She didn't call him umpty blue times that day for her money and then tell him, no, honey, you just stay at work and don't worry, you can just bring it to me whenever. His stories don't mesh. He and his hooligans want you to believe she was a money hungry spendaholic being a demon pest for her money, and in the same breath they want you to believe that she said, "oh, no, don't put yourself out. I'll be hanging around with the girls. You just bring it whenever you feel like it."

I imagine BC had a lot more anger than he let on. Anger at losing control. Anger at things NC said to him and about him. Anger at NC's use of the legal system to take from him a large portion of his income for a very long time. I imagine he probably thought about killing her more than once. And then one day he did.

I've heard guys call their ex-wives the worst sort of things due to support they have to pay.

But people not convinced by the state's case have put up some very good reasons to examine the holes. I'm not convinced by the tampering angle (though I admit I don't much understand the evidence either way on that). I thought it was better when the defense called witnesses who said they saw NC doing what BC said she'd be doing when he said she'd be doing it. He said she was out running; they say they saw her out running.

I remain convinced BC killed his wife. But, I think the state's evidence is stretched thin to cover their entire theory. In some cases you just have to accept there is no evidence at all - like the spoofed call. On the forum, I think for many people the circumstances of the relationship cause them to consider the CE more strongly than they would if they did not see BC in a bad light already.

It is by no means an easy case for the state. The jury will have to look at all of it and decide they will never know some things and some things (like eyewitnesses to her running) will have to be wholly disregarded as incorrect while other things (like the spoofed call) taken as true on the basis of lean or no evidence. I think the picture adds up clearly to BC, but a reasonable person, IMO, could look at the reasonable doubt standard and say otherwise. I would not for a moment be prepared to speculate how a jury might vote on this.

HE said he offered to drive home. I don't believe that for one single minute. She didn't call him umpty blue times that day for her money and then tell him, no, honey, you just stay at work and don't worry, you can just bring it to me whenever. His stories don't mesh. He and his hooligans want you to believe she was a money hungry spendaholic being a demon pest for her money, and in the same breath they want you to believe that she said, "oh, no, don't put yourself out. I'll be hanging around with the girls. You just bring it whenever you feel like it."

I don't think there is any question that she had a spending problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member