Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MBB. I had an idea, what about posting her picture on various websites like community notices in craiglist in states like Arkansas and Florida? After we find out results of submitted matches, of course. It would be time consuming and there may be some weird people who respond but what if someone is just cruising the site and it's a family member who happens across her picture? I think AMW should air this, has anybody asked them to? If not, I can.

are you sure about the Raven in Va Beach having topless waitresses? I lived there for 9 years in the nineties and ate there several times. It's on the ocean and was just a casual restaurant...i took my parents there and i don't remember champagne rooms and topless women!! I guess things could change...

i just looked at the bar web cams and it's just a casual restaurant like it was when i lived there.

are you sure about the Raven in Va Beach having topless waitresses? I lived there for 9 years in the nineties and ate there several times. It's on the ocean and was just a casual restaurant...i took my parents there and i don't remember champagne rooms and topless women!! I guess things could change...

Go to this link http://www.theraven.com/history.html
Click on the image of the corvus like in the pic below, and you will get what I am saying! Also, the menu, that Jane had in her possession, on the inside, it had Champagne Celebration Rooms offered there! I'm not sure if this was inside the "family" area (I highly doubt it)or on the water....

Attachments

• Corvus.jpg
    Corvus.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 48
• James R. McAlphin, 43, who gave addresses of 1202 N. Highland and 627 Champagnolle Road, was arrested Wednesday on a Texas warrant for sexual assault and an El Dorado warrant for failure to appear.

this was april 2008, maybe I should look under my own nose Huh?

hey medeabecbec: where did you find a 1995 prison ,death beacause he filed another lawsuit in 1998 and I did find the son, he is 28 years old, look above I think our guy either died in the last year or he's is still very much alive?? he would be about 44 now - ok I will go look for neices info again will let you know

Madea - I just love you!! I am amazed how how much info you are able to track down - obviously you are very devoted to our Jane, and others. Kudos!!

Re: the teeth issue...I suppose she could have had her teeth fixed while being a stripper...but not likely in my opinion...sigh...

I know that we will find out who she is one day...

Madea - I am going to PM you re: an idea I have...

RE the teeth issue again: I dont think the were fixed the discription is from the family protruding teeth/ the autopsey on jane says protruding eye teeth???

hey medeabecbec: where did you find a 1995 prison ,death beacause he filed another lawsuit in 1998 and I did find the son, he is 28 years old, look above I think our guy either died in the last year or he's is still very much alive?? he would be about 44 now - ok I will go look for neices info again will let you know

Right under my nose, he is very much alive in roberson unit texas prison will be released again in 2010 , now that I have found him , maybe I can find a pic convicted of sexual assult in austin tx??

Now after all this, it probably wont matter!

oh I forgot about the neice, be back!

I don't mean to be disagreeable but i think the pic under the raven is just a joke. I've looked through the posts and can't find a pic of the inside of the raven menu. I saw it in the video but i just saw where it offered champagne. Phillips is a nice seafood restaurant just as the raven is. i don't know of it ever being that kind of a place. can you post a pic of the menu?

I don't mean to be disagreeable but i think the pic under the raven is just a joke. I've looked through the posts and can't find a pic of the inside of the raven menu. I saw it in the video but i just saw where it offered champagne. Phillips is a nice seafood restaurant just as the raven is. i don't know of it ever being that kind of a place. can you post a pic of the menu?

No! I do not have a pic of it, I was just told in confidence, by some Marines, that they had partied in a champagne room there....That was about 5 or 6 years ago, I remember it because I thought "strange name for a place" and then immediately thought "Oh, Raven-haired beauties" and the guys had a really fun time, expensive, but fun... I didn't think much of it until I saw the menus in her possession and was researching all the places and clicked on that pic, haha, needless to say I was a bit shocked, also thought it was a joke, 'cause it looks photoshopped, but then remembered what my friends told me.The pic of all the Military personnel reminded me of that, too! I've sent one of them(Marine friend) an email asking him if I am remembering correctly, I won't hesitate to admit if I'm wrong about that!
And Phillips Seafood is definitely a reputable restaurant, I'm thinking, that JD may have been a waitress there or she just admired the place, either one, it's pretty clear she spent some years in or close to Virginia Beach and it meant alot to her.

Here's another thought, Could this Jane have been Amish? Is that a possible reason there has been no missing person report by family?

Another thing on Identify US website, Jane had dental work, one tooth was capped.... When that was done is anybody's guess!!

Sloane7777: I read that death report on Ancestry, maybe there is another one!!! Strange!!! But, the dead one's date of birth was 1949, I figured that was a pretty close estimate for JD's killer, maybe not, plus he died in Arkansas! But I have put that question(s) to Detective Phillips, in an email, I'm sure she will answer it when she gets the time!
So, there's one in prison in Texas? Small world or what? I'll go look at that pic!
Thanks for the info!

it does not show a pic, about that capped tooth do you know which one I missed that!

I'm waiting patiently to see how that match comes back, it can take up to six months, right? As for The Raven, I got the same impression as the PP about it being a family restaurant but I guess we'll see. If she didn't work there there is really no significance with the restaurant anyway. She may not have even used her real name. As for the teeth, I think she came from a middle class background. I'm confident that we have searched extensively through the doe network database for possible matches and this is all we have found, right? So, if these matches don't work the next step in my opinion would be posting various ads on community websites like craigs list or trying to get media exposure. That would mean she was probably never listed as missing. As far as her being Amish, it's a possibility but a little out there, what made you think of that? I mean, anything is possible so don't say No but I guess that would be a place to look after these matches don't work out.

Here's Janes dental chart......

Upper..................................................Upper
Right ....................................................Left
1. 2 . 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16 .
I. N. N. N. N. N. N. N.. C.. N.. O.. N.. N.. N .. N.. N .

Lower....................................................Lower
Right .................................................... Left
N. N. N. N. N...O. N. N.. N. N. N.. N. N...N.. N.. N.
• N = Natural tooth, no filling
• F = Filling, inlay, onlay, or veneer
• C = Crown or Cap
• B = Part of a Bridge
• R = Root Canal
• A = Antemortem loss (healed socket)
• P = Postmortem loss (open socket)
• I = Impacted
• O = Other features (describe in dental comments)

Dental Comments #11 shifted buccally and #27 shifted lingually
The above says #9 is capped, that's a tooth right up front!!!
You can click on dental here to see the chart : https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2813&=10&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Danaya; I was just putting the Amish theory out there, because, that is a group of people (parents) that do not access our technology of today! I was just reasoning in my mind, why the parents haven't waged a campaign to look for their daughter, besides being dead, that was the only area I could come up with and sometimes my imagination gets the best of me! LOL!

Sloane7777; I found the James McAlphin, you were posting about, his info on Texas DOJ (Inmate # 01530042 ) appears he could be the same one, if the one I found born in 1949 that died was his father that would've made SR. 16 when JR was born, I guess that could happen, but I highly doubt it, so I'm gonna say that I was wrong about JD's murderer being dead!!! I went back to Ancestry and the death index was not verified, so, it's possible that someone doing a geneology chart got that wrong, IDK!!
I am just really curious about his looks (no pic on the TDOJ site) I'm not sure why, except, maybe I, just wanna look at his eyes and get an idea of the last person she saw, before dying......

If it is our guy ( im sure it is) he has been busy, huh? I wish the Detective would answer you on that, he probably got like 5 years for the murder

so I find it interesting our jane went to the denist, thats not an easy thing with that lifestyle, unless you had to fix something that just happened, you know what I mean
I have a hard enough time getting to the denist!

by the way love the Amish theroy! thats thinking outside the box (which is very important in our line of work) now Im going to look for "missing amish children " just because you said that hahaha!

Hi all, and excuse me if this one has been brought up:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lambert_martha.html

Just to give my two's, anyway, I saw a post on the virginia topix boards about this doe and quite a bit info, is it any of you?

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/virginia-beach-va/T55U3H16O6OEJVP7O

let me know, I'll help with bumping it when I visit BK's thread.

I read that forum, not much response, not sure who Dalton4ever is but I'm thankful they put her story there! The bartender hasn't posted whether he showed the photo of JD or not, frustrating, huh?

I spoke to my Marine friend that visited what I thought was Ravens, he said Ravings and it's on the water on a "private" yacht, anybody know about such a place? His buddy had a "Bachelor" party there!!! Sometimes our southern accent gets in our way! LOL! If I spelled like I spoke, that's how it would've been spelled.....So the menu JD had with her is more than likely not connected.... Unless, it's a side business, which I am doubting!! I am going to see if I can find out what their menus look like now, if they're different, then that may give us a timeline of when JD visited there!!!

I was thinking, since she kept these things close to her, could it be that she and a "special" someone vacationed or honeymooned there? So she kept these as momentos? Could it be that one of the "clubs" patrons took her there?
I am trying to figure out who "Gail" is that had to leave JD and Tyrone at her home to go see Grandmother in Fresno!! If I come across anyone remotely close, I'm calling or emailing....:p

Hey Sloane7777; You ever come back across that niece's name?

Another thing that struck me about Jane, she squinted alot, I wonder if she originally wore glasses and then lost them or they got broken.... Any thoughts?

On Ms. Lambert, I wonder how accurate the height estimate is or rather who estimated it? Ms. Lambert would've had to of grown almost a foot in 6 years, which is possible, but no doubt painful..... I looked at Little Lambert, have her on my list, she favors JD, or what I imagine JD may've looked like at that age. I have always felt that JD was taken or lured in to the lifestyle she was in(when she was murdered) at a young and gullible age....

That's why I chose this photo of JD to do this side by side....
Here's a side by side of Jane and Ms. Lambert:

Attachments

• AR Jane and Lambert.jpg
    AR Jane and Lambert.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 86
I read that forum, not much response, not sure who Dalton4ever is but I'm thankful they put her story there! The bartender hasn't posted whether he showed the photo of JD or not, frustrating, huh?

I spoke to my Marine friend that visited what I thought was Ravens, he said Ravings and it's on the water on a "private" yacht, anybody know about such a place? His buddy had a "Bachelor" party there!!! Sometimes our southern accent gets in our way! LOL! If I spelled like I spoke, that's how it would've been spelled.....So the menu JD had with her is more than likely not connected.... Unless, it's a side business, which I am doubting!! I am going to see if I can find out what their menus look like now, if they're different, then that may give us a timeline of when JD visited there!!!

I was thinking, since she kept these things close to her, could it be that she and a "special" someone vacationed or honeymooned there? So she kept these as momentos? Could it be that one of the "clubs" patrons took her there?
I am trying to figure out who "Gail" is that had to leave JD and Tyrone at her home to go see Grandmother in Fresno!! If I come across anyone remotely close, I'm calling or emailing....:p

Hey Sloane7777; You ever come back across that niece's name?

I am the daton4ever. I posted this on topix to see if I got any response in VB. I grew up in Virginia most of my life. I use to hang out in VB in the 80's. There will a story on Jane Doe in the virginia pilot this comming week. I have been doing research on Jane Doe in Virginia Beach and in Norfolk Virginia. I already have someone that worked with runaways in the 70's and 80's check ing all of there records for her, they are also working with the VB police department and looking at all of there records on runaways in the 80's. I can tell you that we have been in contact with Phillips Waterside and they have talked to ALL of there past Managers from the time the restraunt open to when it closed and no manager remembers her as being a waitress there.

Ravens in Virginia Beach is a bar which has bands that play on the weekends. She also had a menus from Worrells Brothers which was a restraunt with a bar in it. The managers of Ravens has already ruled out as her working there and Worrells Brothers closed.

Teens that ranaway and ended up in Virginia Beach use to hang out at 17th street and Atlantic.

In the 80's there were no topless bar in the area. This was not allowed in this area. Virginia law is that they have to wear pasties with no breat nipples showing.

Betty Dalton Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member