ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to the audio on the video in the link below, but the lead-in written statement is, "The roommate of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner talks about her relationship with Gardner's boyfriend and with travel partner 50-year-old Gary Giordano."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Missing_Roommate_Washington_DC-127493638.html

I've read here that Robyn lives with her boyfriend, but it appears this isn't the case.

"Christina Jones, Gardner’s roommate, said authorities told her that when the man made the report, he was wearing dry clothing...Jones said her friend had been working at a Bethesda dental practice but was recently laid off. 'She wanted to go to Aruba to get away, to clear her head,' Jones said. Jones said Gardner and the man she traveled with were friends but didn’t have a romantic relationship."

(snipped from http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...man-detained/2011/08/09/gIQAhIcc5I_story.html)

I haven't listened to the audio on the video in the link below, but the lead-in written statement is, "The roommate of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner talks about her relationship with Gardner's boyfriend and with travel partner 50-year-old Gary Giordano."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Missing_Roommate_Washington_DC-127493638.html

I've read here that Robyn lives with her boyfriend, but it appears this isn't the case.

I think the bf said they moved in together not too long ago. :waitasec:

I am not trying to cut down the victim,but Robyn was playing a very dangerous game.Living with one guy who was the boyfriend and partying with the male friend.She had lost her job in a dental office,so had plenty of time to roam free.GG sent her tickets for a trip to Aruba and she accepted,telling her boyfriend she was going with friends or family.A man doesn't offer you a free trip to Aruba for nothing.I am sure he expected something in return.She texts her boyfriend and tells him she loves him and will try to work it out when she gets back.Considering GG has a history of domestic violence ,I would think he is somewhat possessive and demands attention.I think he read her texts somehow,maybe even grabbing the phone from her and that's when it all went downhill.

wondering that very same thing myself. Wonder if he got rough as the other women in his life reported.

How long had they been there when she texted? does anyone know ? was this the first day?

On NG tonight they said that his recent ex-girlfriend had received death threats from him. They also interviewed a lady who had gone on one date with him who said he threw her to the ground.

The body has not washed ashore and the point was made that it should have by now. I hope that they find her soon and nail this $$#@%. Guilty as sin.

This reminds me of the case of the honeymooners in Australia where the hubby (allegedly) turned off his new brides air supply while scuba diving. I can't recall their names offhand but they were from Birmingham, AL.

I have no desire to EVER go to Aruba. The place gives me the creeps, MOO.

I pray that this lady is found safe and sound but am not feeling good about the companions story.

wm

BBM - Me neither. Aruba is not on my list of places to see. It reminds me of heartache, not paradise. While the circumstances are different than Natalie Holloway's case, these two young women lost their lives there. Very sad.

Just a thought - but anyone considered that she may not have sent the text message to her boyfriend - since it was sent so close to the time GG reported her missing? I think GG sent it to buy himself so time or throw off the investigation. It will be interesting to know where the cell phone pinged from.

Just a thought - but anyone considered that she may not have sent the text message to her boyfriend - since it was sent so close to the time GG reported her missing? I think GG sent it to buy himself so time or throw off the investigation. It will be interesting to know where the cell phone pinged from.

That is an interesting thought:waitasec:

BBM - Me neither. Aruba is not on my list of places to see. It reminds me of heartache, not paradise. While the circumstances are different than Natalie Holloway's case, these two young women lost their lives there. Very sad.

It is very sad. Aruba is my mom's favorite place to vacation, in fact she has a trip planned there next month (while I never plan to visit) but it scares the crap outta me that my mom is visiting. It just gives me an uneasy feeling.

It is very sad. Aruba is my mom's favorite place to vacation, in fact she has a trip planned there next month (while I never plan to visit) but it scares the crap outta me that my mom is visiting. It just gives me an uneasy feeling.

IMO there is no place where one is always perfectly safe
Look at the stats for other popular vacation spots.
Look at the stats for your or my home towns
Bad things can happen anywhere and the crime is not always solved
Look at the pages on this forum

I have been travelling to Aruba for years
Like your Mom, it is one of my favorite places

Under Aruban law, when is a suspect arrested and detained?

When the prosecution believes they have some information, they can be detained up to three months or longer without charges.. One thing many do not understand in this case is the difference between the two justice systems. Under Aruban law, a suspect can be held without evidence, on suspicion up to three months (or longer if the prosecution can show new evidence that came up between the last extension of the detention); after that, the charges must be filed or the suspect released. There are markers during that time period, where the prosecution must show a judge why further detention is valid. Under the American system, an arrest is made and charges must be filed after 72 hours. From a site on Aruban justice the standard is: "26. Pre-trial detention possible in cases of felonies in case that there are: "... Facts and/or circumstances that can justify a reasonable suspicion of involvement in a (ny) criminal act..." http://www.aruba.com/pages/judicialsystem.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/robyn-gardner-mother-we-can-only-pray_n_924167.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

The mother of Robyn Gardner, a Maryland woman who disappeared during a vacation in Aruba, says her family "can only pray" for the 35-year-old's safe return.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post_now/post/aruba-update-robyn-gardners-boyfriend-speaks-on-today/2011/08/11/gIQAxlSP8I_blog.html

Andrew Colson, Robyn Gardner’s brother, told ABC 7 that he believes Gardner is still alive, despite having been missing since August 2. Gardner’s companion on the trip, Gary Giordano, is being held in connection with her disappearance, but he has not been charged with a crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/11/earlyshow/main20091091.shtml

In an "Early Show" interview, Garder's roommate, Christina Jones, said she had her reservations about her friend taking a trip with Giordano.

"I was not excited about her going away with Gary," Jones told co-anchor Chris Wragge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim