Identified! Australia - Alderley (Nth Brisbane) - QLD - Fem/UnkRace/Age - Body In Locked Void at Apartment Complex, 7 Dec'22 - Tanya Glover

"This unit complex was built in 2006 we are in the process of tracking down all occupants," Detective Superintendent Massingham said.

"We are most of the way through interviewing past residents … we have some 50 left.

"So, far this lady is not identified."
I am thinking she had some specific item of clothing that was made between 2009 and 2015, for example Sand Shoes / Sneakers have really specific and identifiable model years. Just a thought. This case is just an hour up the highway from my house. I hope they found out who this lady is fairly quickly.

I am thinking she had some specific item of clothing that was made between 2009 and 2015, for example Sand Shoes / Sneakers have really specific and identifiable model years. Just a thought. This case is just an hour up the highway from my house. I hope they found out who this lady is fairly quickly.
It's possible, but that evidence would only give you a 'no earlier than' date.

Think of that tshirt from ten years ago at the back of your wardrobe. It's ten years old, but that doesn't mean you can't wear it today. However, you cannot have worn it in 1984 because it wasn't made then.

Looking forward to details regarding clothing/accessories and bedding being released.

It's possible, but that evidence would only give you a 'no earlier than' date.

Think of that tshirt from ten years ago at the back of your wardrobe. It's ten years old, but that doesn't mean you can't wear it today. However, you cannot have worn it in 1984 because it wasn't made then.
Good point ❤️

Good point ❤️
I got that from watching too much Time Team, not Investigation Discovery. :D

Stratified layers are where it's at, and man, do they love finding something dateable like a coin or a piece of pottery in the bottom of a ditch or under a foundation.

EDIT: But yeah, stratification is important in crime scenes, too, just on Time Team, the murders tended to be done by Saxons eleven hundred years ago. Still a bunch of skeletons involved.

But yeah, anything dateable can be really useful for context, but it's important to remember that we all have items in our houses that are ten, twenty, even fifty years old. I've got several books, heirlooms, that were printed in the 1870s. Cast iron pots from the '70s. That's normal.

But if a body was found, and the grave was thought to be 'historical', but then when the corpse was removed, a Coke can from no more than ten years ago was found underneath, it's time to question.

A body wearing clothing all thought to be ten or more years old is also a question mark, but not a big one. People have old clothing, but also, charity shops and vintage fashion is a thing. It's all about what the totality of evidence is telling you.

MOO

Last edited:
Had a look at street view (122 Alderley Ave, Alderley) and went back to Nov 2007. There was a burnt out house right next door.
1673604539285.jpeg

Fast forward to Nov 2009 and it's had the roof line removed. After that date the house has been removed. Will look into see if there's much details about the house fire. If it was vacant for a couple of years, it may have had squatters over that time? MOO
1673604498552.png

Last edited:
There was a funeral director located around the opposite corner in December 2013--where Body & Soul Massage is now. Google Maps
Might it happen that a facility got stuck with a body, fees weren't paid and so cremation didn't go ahead, something like that?

I've actually started wearing a favourite t shirt from about the mid to late 80s, and getting compliments for it.

So yes, not possible to wear something if it hadn't been made yet.

I wish they'd just hopefully save time and go right to the DNA. And how about the dental work, if any.

And was it something about the body or something else that made them think she might be from overseas, or was it just that nobody has come forward saying it might be their missing loved one.

And how about releasing some photos of the clothing and the bedding she was wrapped in.

Khandalyce Pearce and her blanket comes to mind :(

Had a look at street view (122 Alderley Ave, Alderley) and went back to Nov 2007. There was a burnt out house right next door.
View attachment 395067

Fast forward to Nov 2009 and it's had the roof line removed. After that date the house has been removed. Will look into see if there's much details about the house fire. If it was vacant for a couple of years, it may have had squatters over that time? MOO
View attachment 395066
Interestingly the house that had the fire (116 Alderley Rd) was once the Enogerra Shire Chambers and was listed as a Heritage building. https://www.denovans.com.au/additionaldocuments/24stonleigh.pdf

It was then used more recently as accountants offices presumably before the fire. Old Enoggera Shire

However, I can't find any information on the actual fire which considering it was Heritage listed one would think it would be newsworthy.

There was a funeral director located around the opposite corner in December 2013--where Body & Soul Massage is now. Google Maps
Might it happen that a facility got stuck with a body, fees weren't paid and so cremation didn't go ahead, something like that?
Maybe, although police said there was significant trauma to the remains.

I note that she wore glasses. I take it she was more or less wearing them when found. She wouldn't go to sleep like that. And if she was bashed they'd likely be dislodged. The person who wrapped and hid her put them back on her face.

I note that she wore glasses. I take it she was more or less wearing them when found. She wouldn't go to sleep like that. And if she was bashed they'd likely be dislodged. The person who wrapped and hid her put them back on her face.
I just had a thought. It might be possible for investigators to figure out who the prescription was made for. It'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.

I'm not sure if all optometrists send their orders to the same manufacturer or one of a few but if the frames had a discernible brand, it might narrow down the field so to speak, who had these glasses with this precise prescription and these frames in this year range (allowing for 5 years or so before 2009, depending on model) .

There hasn't been any information as to whether or not she was wearing them. They might have been found near her and there is a possibility that they belong to the perpetrator. Graeme Crowley talks about this in his podcast Bring Home Sandrine Ep 3 Breaking News as the description of the deceased fits Sandrine.

I just had a thought. It might be possible for investigators to figure out who the prescription was made for. It'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.

I'm not sure if all optometrists send their orders to the same manufacturer or one of a few but if the frames had a discernible brand, it might narrow down the field so to speak, who had these glasses with this precise prescription and these frames in this year range (allowing for 5 years or so before 2009, depending on model) .
It feels like it should be possible, but I’ve worked at Specsavers and in our program there was no way to search by prescription of lens for each eye, but if someone wrote one it could be possible I guess?
Also they could be generic magnifiers?

It feels like it should be possible, but I’ve worked at Specsavers and in our program there was no way to search by prescription of lens for each eye, but if someone wrote one it could be possible I guess?
Also they could be generic magnifiers?
I meant the manufacturers the optometrists use when they make an order.

There hasn't been any information as to whether or not she was wearing them. They might have been found near her and there is a possibility that they belong to the perpetrator. Graeme Crowley talks about this in his podcast Bring Home Sandrine Ep 3 Breaking News as the description of the deceased fits Sandrine.
Would you expect a DNA comparison to have been made by now?

Would you expect a DNA comparison to have been made by now?
Yes you would think so however, not sure if you follow the Marion Barter case? She has been missing since 1997 and her daughter, Sally contacted the police to ask them to check her own DNA against the body found but the police cannot use Sally's DNA because it was only a “voluntary sample” and “that type of sample cannot be updoaded to the national database”. How ridiculous is that system!! Who knows if the police have any family DNA for Sandrine, you'd like to think they do.

Edited to make more sense :)

Last edited:
Yes you would think so however, not sure if you follow the Marion Barter case? She has been missing since 1997 and her daughter, Sally contacted the police to ask them to check her own DNA against the body found but the police cannot use Sally's DNA because it was only a “voluntary sample” and “that type of sample cannot be updoaded to the national database”. How ridiculous is that system!! Who knows if the police have any family DNA for Sandrine, you'd like to think they do.

Edited to make more sense :)
I'm a Marion Barter dropout, but I've only just become Sandrine-aware. I hope it's Sandrine and we can link the area to one of the three men.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back