Identified! Australia - Alderley (Nth Brisbane) - QLD - Fem/UnkRace/Age - Body In Locked Void at Apartment Complex, 7 Dec'22 - Tanya Glover

Anyone else got a feeling that the glasses found with the body may have been planted as a red herring?
Extremely possible. I mean, there was always the chance the body was going to be found, where it was situated. Looked like it was a place of convenience, probably done in the wee hours of a morning, I'm assuming at least two involved with placing the body there, one keeping look out.

Glasses could have been placed as an after thought, or it was already there amongst the bedding/clothes.

Maybe police thought she wore them because broken parts were inside the skull?

I wonder if they can lift prints from the frames.

It's possible, but that evidence would only give you a 'no earlier than' date.

Think of that tshirt from ten years ago at the back of your wardrobe. It's ten years old, but that doesn't mean you can't wear it today. However, you cannot have worn it in 1984 because it wasn't made then.
Any ideas what kind of evidence would point to “at least 7 years ago”? Maybe some paint splatter from a year the building was repainted or something like that? I kinda stumped

Has anyone heard of any updates about this? There appears to have been no coverage since January 2023 on the Qld Police News website unless of course, if the woman has been identified and her family have requested anonymity.

I do a search every so often and the latest still seem to be Jan 2023

An autopsy has uncovered she was Caucasian, aged 30-55, died between 2009-2015, 155-165cm tall, size 10, brown hair & wore prescription glasses. @7NewsBrisbane

After more than a month of testing, police have determined that she was Caucasian, between 155-165 centimetres tall and had dark brown hair.

She wore glasses and size 10 clothing. She was believed to be between 30 and 55 years old.

Police have also revealed there was "trauma" to the woman's body and that they were still treating her death as suspicious.
"We can place the body with a high degree of confidence here at the position it was found [last year] back in November 2015," Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said.

"The time of the death of this person could extend out to 2009.
"Her body is believed to have been at the unit block where she was located … for that period of time.

"We don't know if she was killed there or elsewhere."

Further inquiries indicate that Ms Glover was vision and hearing impaired and would have been approximately 38 years old at the time of her death [would make it ~2010], which continues to be treated as an ongoing homicide investigation.
Ms Glover was not formally known to Queensland Police, and no missing person reports had been made.

her FB page (nothing is visible to the public)

I literally looked up this case two days ago and felt very sad there'd been no news articles for months. Glad to see that police were so close to revealing her identity, I just didn't know it.

Sleep well, Tanya.

Rest in Peace, Tanya.

I hope they find the monster that did this to you.

So sad that she didn't seem to be missed by anyone.

I'm excluding her parents from that because it seems they lost touch and thought she was living her life somewhere.

But you would think she'd have someone, friends, colleagues, or someone who wondered why she dropped off the face of the earth. Someone who missed her.

The remains of a woman whose body was hidden in the wall of a Brisbane apartment block for about 13 years have been identified by police, who are investigating why anyone would target “a vulnerable single female in this way”.

Police used familial DNA to positively identify Glover, who would have been 52 by now, Det Supt Andrew Massingham said.

Glover was unemployed, kept to herself and led a very quiet and subdued lifestyle.

Initial inquiries indicate she moved to Queensland from NSW in 2006 and lived in Brisbane's inner-city Fortitude Valley until 2010. She was also vision and hearing impaired.

The department's homicide unit, with assistance from the Australian Federal Police, announced in a press release Glover's body was found on Dec. 7 at the apartment in Alderley, a northern suburb in Brisbane.

Cleaners alerted officials when they made the discovery during a routine shift.

Homicide detectives found her bones tightly wrapped in clothing and bedding and buried in a locked area behind a concrete block wall in the building

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back