GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A resident has told police two people in a white traytop Toyota Landcruiser, believed to be a 1999 HZJ 75RP model, stopped outside 5 Harriet St, about midnight - one hour before police believe Andrew and Rose - aged in their mid-40s - and their daughter Chantelle, 16, died on November 8.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ramp-up-security/story-e6frea83-1225953465631

For those who don't know, this is what a HZJ 75RP model Landcruiser looks like.

949404-toyota.jpg
8908216.jpg

"I am able to reveal today that we have obtained the DNA profile of an unknown male person from the crime scene," Supt Moyle said.

Youths known to the slain family had voluntarily given DNA swabs to help eliminate suspects and police might consider an extension of the testing, he said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...rs/story-e6frfku0-1225953944887#ixzz15KQbACMe

A DNA profile will help greatly in finding the perp.

"I am able to reveal today that we have obtained the DNA profile of an unknown male person from the crime scene," Supt Moyle said.

Youths known to the slain family had voluntarily given DNA swabs to help eliminate suspects and police might consider an extension of the testing, he said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...rs/story-e6frfku0-1225953944887#ixzz15KQbACMe

A DNA profile will help greatly in finding the perp.

I hope police take DNA tests of all of Kapunda, this would be a great idea. However, the killer might not be a local. Some years back, there was a murder in Hamley Bridge in which a 'whole-town' DNA search was conducted, in which no match was found.

I'm trying to think how one can murder three with a knife.. also knowing Chantelle got the most attention during the attack.

Creep up on the Dad and cut his neck.. then furiously attack the Mom..? Then go to Chantelle's room?

Or maybe quietly attack Chantelle and that gets out of hand and awakens a parent or two.. so then that murder happens?

Then escape what just happened.

The neighbor heard Mom scream and a man voice... hmm I dunno..

We do know that they were all in different locations within the house (as reported).

Maybe one of the parents heard a noise went to investigate and was killed, then the other two may well have been in bed, that would account for 3 locations in the house.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ds-triple-murder/story-e6frea83-1225952883721

Mystery surrounds triple murder

Teenagers told The Advertiser members of a group known as Barossa's Most Wanted - BMW - had recently gone to Kapunda to pick fights at hotels and crash parties.

They claim members of this gang crashed a party at Kapunda on October 16 armed with baseball bats and weights bars.

It has been suggested Chantelle was having trouble with some Barossa youth, and that may have escalated in her first week of working in a Nuriootpa cafe. A search through rubbish at the Clare dump yesterday led residents of that town to question the whereabouts of a young man who had recently moved to the area from Whyalla, where the Rowe family once lived.

The man, acquaintances say, has not been seen nor answered his phone this week.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Barossa's Most Wanted is apparently quite diminished. I know a person who is in with that crowd, and apparently the new major group is called "Barossa Ain't Safe" BAS. It is a possibility that it was a gang related killing, but Chantelle didn't go to a local school. Where she could have had an encounter with one of these gang members (apart from at work in Nuriootpa Foodland) is something I can't quite figure out.

Respectfully snipped

A resident has told police two people in a white traytop Toyota Landcruiser, believed to be a 1999 HZJ 75RP model, stopped outside 5 Harriet St, about midnight - one hour before police believe Andrew and Rose - aged in their mid-40s - and their daughter Chantelle, 16, died on November 8.:waitasec:

This neighbour also heard the screams ........ :waitasec: but didn't see anyone leave, didn't look out the window then :waitasec:

Just curious points.

We do know that they were all in different locations within the house (as reported).

Maybe one of the parents heard a noise went to investigate and was killed, then the other two may well have been in bed, that would account for 3 locations in the house.

Chantelle would have most likely been in bed at the time, as posted on her Facebook status.

The parents may have also been in bed, heard a noise, and taken one of many courses of action which could have put them in different parts of the house.

One may have gone to investigate a noise.

Both may have gotten up to investigate the noise, and one of them may have tried to fend off the attacker.

We don't know how it happened, but whether is was a duo, a single person hyped up on drugs, or one of many other possibilities, it has happened and cannot be undone.

Respectfully snipped

A resident has told police two people in a white traytop Toyota Landcruiser, believed to be a 1999 HZJ 75RP model, stopped outside 5 Harriet St, about midnight - one hour before police believe Andrew and Rose - aged in their mid-40s - and their daughter Chantelle, 16, died on November 8.:waitasec:

This neighbour also heard the screams ........ :waitasec: but didn't see anyone leave, didn't look out the window then :waitasec:

Just curious points.

Harriet Street has very poor lighting at night, and so it would be very difficult to spot people outside.

Here is a google maps view of the street. Notice the lack of light posts, etc.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...EA5HCIu7XoRKsDCasOkCA&cbp=12,220.81,,0,-15.51

However, if I heard a disturbance in the night, I would at least look out my window to try and see what was going on. The visibility is questionable, and so is that particular neighbour.

That neighbor that heard screams is saying he saw four guys with shaved heads get into a silver Mitsubishi Magna outside his home which had left not too long after he had returned home from work on Sunday evening.

"I didn't think much of it at the time but this is a quiet street and, given what&#8217;s happened, maybe there's something in it."

Hmm. Hopefully he's not just coming up with this info now.

Respectfully snipped from indizio

A resident has told police two people in a white traytop Toyota Landcruiser, believed to be a 1999 HZJ 75RP model, stopped outside 5 Harriet St, about midnight - one hour before police believe Andrew and Rose - aged in their mid-40s - and their daughter Chantelle, 16, died on November 8.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225953465631

Hmmm I wonder if this is the same neighbour?

It seems something may have been up at just after noon on Sunday. Why would someone not go to work after only being on the job for a week?

Well, she was a teenager and this may have been her first job, but it still seems out of character for most.

JMHO
fran

Chantelle was sick with croop, I read it on her facebook status the night she was murdered.

Respectfully snipped from indizio

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225953465631

Hmmm I wonder if this is the same neighbour?

If it was the same resident, I would definitely be running a DNA test on him.
So far, as far as I understand it, only a few of her friends have voluntarily been DNA tested.

"Youths known to the slain family had voluntarily given DNA swabs to help eliminate suspects and police might consider an extension of the testing, he said." - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-kapunda-murders/story-e6frea73-1225953944887

They definitely should test the neighbour!

In addition, being able to tell the type AND YEAR of the landcruiser, AT NIGHT, with no street lights, is very suspicious!

Thanks for the posts, indizo. I'm expecting some suspect(s) to show up shortly now.

Barossa's Most Wanted is apparently quite diminished. I know a person who is in with that crowd, and apparently the new major group is called "Barossa Ain't Safe" BAS. It is a possibility that it was a gang related killing, but Chantelle didn't go to a local school. Where she could have had an encounter with one of these gang members (apart from at work in Nuriootpa Foodland) is something I can't quite figure out.

Actually, updating this message, the major gang in the Barossa Valley is called TFU "True Felons United". And the bashing at Kapunda with baseball bats and weight bars was apparently conducted by these people.

They obtained a DNA profile of a male. Hoping it was from blood, or hair that one of the victims ripped out during the attack.

:prayer: Prayers for the Rowe family and all who loved them. :prayer:

They obtained a DNA profile of a male. Hoping it was from blood, or hair that one of the victims ripped out during the attack.

:prayer: Prayers for the Rowe family and all who loved them. :prayer:

I'm fairly sure it was extracted from one of the blood stains (either the door, the wash cloth, or in the garden). This doesn't mean there wasn't more than one person, but it does mean that police (if they perform enough DNA tests) will hopefully at least catch one of them, and if there were more involved, interrogation may reveal these people.

I grew up in this area .. very sleepy town, but lots of dark undertones in the area too, plenty of ex crims in them thar hills.... personally I am getting a 'bikie connection' vibe off this one, and noticed that one of the pictures from the media of the father appears to be a mug shot.

Also what kind of bike is this? (Pic from the backyard of their home the day after the murders.)

Wonder if this one is connected to some old wounds. Killer or killers knew them IMO.

I grew up in this area .. very sleepy town, but lots of dark undertones in the area too, plenty of ex crims in them thar hills.... personally I am getting a 'bikie connection' vibe off this one, and noticed that one of the pictures from the media of the father appears to be a mug shot.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/..._498755662213_700792213_7294720_4574377_n.jpg

Also what kind of bike is this? (Pic from the backyard of their home the day after the murders.)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/..._498755992213_700792213_7294722_7866511_n.jpg

Wonder if this one is connected to some old wounds. Killer or killers knew them IMO.

Looks like some kind of Harley Davison to me, but they aren't just owned by Bikies, you know. Regular people can ride them too.

Judging by how Chantelle received a lot more wounds than the parents, it is believed without reasonable doubt that she was the target. I doubt that's her Harley, or that she had bikie connections, however.

TWO occupants of a white Toyota Landcruiser are being sought by detectives in connection with a triple murder in South Australia.

Police yesterday said a 1999 white traytop model stopped outside the rented home in Kapunda, 80km north of Adelaide, of Andrew and Rose Rowe and their 16-year-old daughter, Chantelle, an hour before they were stabbed to death on November 8. One person left the vehicle, police said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-suspects-sought/story-e6frg6nf-1225954044039

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member