GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

Hey that red T-Shirt he has on is NOT a Sydney Swans T-shirt by the looks. SHOCK!!!! Also note the long sleeves underneath it. Haven't read the comments yet but he certainly does sound a little OCD doesn't he? No doubt he stalked her.

maybe the sydney swans shirt is covered in blood somewhere???

Quote:
As a former forensic photographer who worked at the murder site, I’d really like to say this. No one, who walked into that house and saw those bodies will ever forget it. This is a monsterous crime. To see 30-year veterans of the homicide squad physically sick and unable to compose themselves, gives you some idea of the horror we saw
http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.com...r-info/eimqab/

omg. Now what am I going to say to my daughter when she hears that at some point in the future? She's been telling me that the rumours are that it was an horrendous crime and I've tried to downplay it and tell her it's probably exaggerated, what he did to them.

It's impossible to comprehend it. I've been told that the person who discovered them took several weeks off work. No wonder :(
I found that page Singers. If that is correct then it sais it all really. That's very obsessive behaviour doing constant drive-bys of the school.

maybe the sydney swans shirt is covered in blood somewhere???

You know if that Sydney Swans T-Shirt is missing then he DEFINITELY wore it during the crime....I mean come on, it was practically his security blanket, no doubt he had a special little name for it and hovered nearby the washing machine during the spin cycle just in case it got into difficulties.

We haven't seen any pics of him in it from after the crime have we, turns out the red t-shirt he wore near the memorial was the one from the adelaidenow article, not the SS one as we thought earlier. Interesting.

Some of my thoughts....

While Chantelle's movements were scrutinized, we still have no clue where or what Jason was doing Sunday night. If a friend drove him over, then perhaps he was at the friends house with some other young guys/girls.

It is still odd that he went over to the Rowes at midnight. It was a tiny house with no spare room or place for a bed, if he had no-where to stay why not just crash on the friends couch?

I think he went there to speak to Chantelle, perhaps to tell her he had feelings for her, or perhaps because he was annoyed at her for something? Perhaps he was confronting her about something.

I have seen a rumor flying around that some guys know the reason he went to the Rowes.

So just wondering what that reason is and how it would affect the motive for this crime.

He could very well have gone there to do what he did; murder the Rowes.

If seasoned homicide detectives were 'physically sick and unable to compose themselves' the scenes in that house are beyond our comprehension.
I would venture to say very few who post here would be able to cope mentally with seeing a house full of those horrors. I couldn't.

I also believe it is impossible for any of us to understand what kind of monster is capable of murder on this scale.
I also believe if it wasn't the Rowes it would have been another family at another time.
We have to count our blessings that we never cross pathes with a predator of any type let alone one as vicious and evil as the Rowe's killer.
Don't forget there is a family member who was on holiday at the time of the murders and he has to carry the memories of this for the rest of his life.

It is just an awful,awful crime.

Jason Downies image has been plastered on the news and newspapers in South Australia, so would that mean a suppression is lifted on his identity?
he appeared via video link on the 2nd, and although i was out of the country i have been told that his alibi didnt stick and he is being charged with three counts of murder. The case was ajourned at a later date

Jason Downies image has been plastered on the news and newspapers in South Australia, so would that mean a suppression is lifted on his identity?
he appeared via video link on the 2nd, and although i was out of the country i have been told that his alibi didnt stick and he is being charged with three counts of murder. The case was ajourned at a later date

Yes, you are correct. All suppression orders were lifted in this matter on 2nd February, 2011. He was further remanded till a date in April which I cannot remember, but others will probably know.

Hi, am new at all of this. This being my first entry. Just to cap previous reply - JD's next appearance will be on Wednesday, April 13th at Elizabeth Magistrates Court, again via video link. He is not required to enter a plea though until his next appearance on May 5th. I pray this whole thing is dealt with swiftly for sake of this suffering family and their friends.

he looks pretty happy with himself in that picture at the "work xmas party" after the date of the murders. surely the mere fact that he acted "normally" after the crime would carry a lot of weight in sentencing. no remorse, feelings of satisfaction, happiness at what he did, pride even, going to the shrine....

its all evidence of someone who thinks he has done no wrong, or even see's good in what he's done - like a service to society.

Hi, am new at all of this. This being my first entry. Just to cap previous reply - JD's next appearance will be on Wednesday, April 13th at Elizabeth Magistrates Court, again via video link. He is not required to enter a plea though until his next appearance on May 5th. I pray this whole thing is dealt with swiftly for sake of this suffering family and their friends.

Yes, lets hope this doesn't drag out too long and the family gets justice. It is such a dreadful crime. At court on 2nd Feb it was agreed that Jason would re-appear on the 13th of April at 11.30 am at the Elizabeth Magistrates Court via video-link. The Magistrate then went on to say that 4 weeks after that (this would make it the 11th May), provided all declarations (evidence - witness statements/police statements, forensic evidence etc) have been submitted, Jason would be required to "answer the charges" (or enter a plea). I assume that if the DPP doesn't get all the declarations in by 11th May there will be further delays in hearing Jason's plea.

Just wondering if you guys caught the comments on Aussie crims. Quite interesting. http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/kapunda-killer-info/eimqab/

Quote- <modsnip>
<modsnip>

From Salem: Please do not cut and paste. Please paraphrase and provide a link. It would also be helpful to put in the time of the comment, i.e., see comment 3/24 at 12:01 p.m. or something so the original comment can be found. Thanks!

COURT 1 at not before 11:30a.m. - Before MAGISTRATE FORREST; (Video Conference)

The above is a copy of the court list for 13-4-2011 for Elizabeth Magistrates Court re Jason Alexander Downie. The court list is still showing initials only, and the word suppressed. However, as we know, all suppression orders were lifted at the last video conference.

So there may be some further news and possibly a time line in relation to a trial from tomorrow's hearing.

Hi, you are correct. Was all over in a matter of a few minutes. JD appeared via link. Is skinny, unassuming weedy looking male. He said only one word - Yes - to the question of if he could hear magistrate. Was jiggling a lot in his seat. Rubbing hands up and down legs and blowing through mouth (nerves). DPP advised court that there were still 2 or 3 vital pieces of forensic evidence that they are still awaiting. DPP stated that the estimated time for the results of the forensics would be a further 4-6 weeks and asked for adjournment. Defence ok with further adjournment. Magistrate then advised proceedings adjourned to May 25th at 11:30 am. Again via video link with JD to remain in remand....took longer to type this that actual procedure. Family members and supporters visibly confused and upset.....understandably. I believe that this poor family will have to steel themselves for a long, drawn out and unutterably painful process. I truly wish them well.

Hello All,

May or may not be appropriate, but........ I reckon it's time for a little cheer so....Happy Easter / Holiday break to all. Please stay safe, take care of yourselves and your loved ones and have a great time. Cheers !!!

Hi everyone, I have been quiet for a long time but just wantng more info just like everyone else. Robbo's site has a bit of action are there other sites as well? Have looked and cannot find. Hope I have not done the wrong thing here. Please PM me if you know.Thanks

I think there was some stuff on 'my death site' or what ever its called

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv
Back