GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

Just so so sad. The anger that he must have been feeling to do such a thing. As Miss G Said, just such a waste. Makes me want to cry. I pray that the whole night was not drawn out, and that they did not suffer, unlike JD and the suffering he will live with for the rest of his life!

this is what i heard a while ago.....

Hi i have a source, i think a good one crime scene journo for an adelaide news channel... C was raped, gutted, washed and dresses put to bed. he then waited for mum and dad in the cupboard. dads hands severed, mum and dad were out and he waited.

eta Hi there had further info.... they are looking for a large butchers knife. Apparently c had a bit of a rep. the idiot left his boots behind. her 'inards' were left in a different part of the house. C was definatly killed first as his blood mixed with hers was in the cuboard actually wardrobe in the parents room. C was raped post death her and his blood contaminmated the semen. the police have said he may as well stayed there, thats

Hi, I too heard of the re-dressing and putting to bed and also the poor father. Seems the 'rumours' do have some basis of truth. The monster seems to have simply gone on a rampage about the house as it has also been said that blood in parts of the home that these poor people were not even in. OMG!

^ Wow those are some very strange acts if true.. (the strewing around of the innards and having sex with a dead body) Seems even stranger that a young teen would be able to do that. Not that the typical teen commits a triple homicide but yeah.

In the legal system I am pretty sure a baby isn't classified as a human until around 23 weeks gestation so it could still be possible.
To me it's a baby from day 1 but that's politics for you.

Here is an interesting link to 5AA radio station segment in Adelaide re Kapunda murders. The commentator is asking a judge what will happen next, now that Jason Downie has pleaded guilty to the 3 murders. It sounds like the sentencing process will be very interesting indeed!

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/audio_the-kapunda-plea-what-happens-next_103521

Thank you for the link. Hopefully all of the aggravating and mitigating circumstances come out during the sentencing phase, including how the court determines the potential for rehabilitation.

Russell

Hi Cyclone, hearing was this morning (Dec 12) at 10:30a.m. in the Supreme Court. Initially set for Sentencing Submissions when heard in the Magistrates Court at the last hearing but was subsequently listed 'For Mention Only' - which basically means a short hearing. JD present in person. Brought into the dock, tallish, skinny, pale and sporting semi-mohawk hair cut and wing-nuts. Still totally surreal that this scrawny youth committed such horror. Gallery full. JD did not once glance to on-lookers, only at Counsel and Judge. JD's Counsel asked for adjournment again to collate defence before Submissions. Prosecution ok with this. Judge conceded he has mountains of documents etc to read for consideration and therefore set a date for a Directions Hearing. These hearings are usually closed court but Judge himself said that as so many are concerned and interested in case that will make it an open court. Judge asked for photos to be available in submissions from Prosecution. As he did last time in video hearing, Christopher did not break his glare at JD. Again, everyone very orderly and contained. JD lead out with same stare to the floor as he was lead in. Personally, I don't think the actual submissions that we are all waiting for will be heard before about May, even maybe June.

Hi to all involved in the sleuthing! I have missed you all.

Wow, wow, wow.... Just checked back on this case and after all this time, he pleads guilty!

Motive was jealousy and anger about a pregnancy. :( :(

Also interesting that the Scottish press print more info than ours do. I wonder why?

From Todays Advertiser website:

PROSECUTORS have questioned the legitimacy of Jason Downie's guilty pleas to the Kapunda triple murder.

Director of Public Prosecutions Stephen Pallaras, QC, has asked Downie be re-arraigned (asked to enter his pleas again) on charges he murdered Andrew, Rose and Chantelle Rowe in their Kapunda home in November 2010.

He said Downie's confessions clashed with letters the young man had written to his brother and mother regarding his involvement in the crime.

Mr Pallaras told the Supreme Court Downie should enter his pleas again so that everyone could be assured he is "unequivocally" admitting he killed the beloved family.

MORE TO COME

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/kapunda-murder-suspect-jason-downey-to-plead-again/story-e6frea83-1226264475557

Although there was some tension when matter of inconsistent plea came up even defence seemed to quell the question. But, can see that prosecution are making absolutely no mistakes/misunderstanding....understandable extra careful move. Sentencing submissions Monday March 26. Judge has set aside whole day for this matter. Am relieved that submissions coming sooner that anticipated. JIMO defence are just going with flow, not objecting to anything and resigned to what may come. Prosection stated they will need approx 2 or more hours for their submissions as opposed to Defence stating they should be done in about 20-30 mins. JD appears again to show no emotion...maybe a shutdown/survival mechansim...but did not even flinch when brother and mother mentioned....maybe melancholy on my behalf but I would have thought a hint of human emotion may have showed at that point...but...who knows, like I said, may simply be his way of dealing with matter. I hope he is asked to make comment...what would happen is anyones guess... As folks filed out, including JD back to cells, a relative of the Rowe's uttered, 'Dead man walking'. Am only assuming, but if JD heard, again, no emotion shown.

Hi, Sentencing Submissions will be held on Monday 26th March, Supreme Court, Adelaide, Sth Australia. Commencing 9:30 a.m. No other news I'm afraid. Not even a mention in media. Has been very quiet......the quiet before the storm maybe..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back