Australia Australia - Celine Cremer, 31, Belgium backpacker, car found at the Philosopher’s fall track, Waratah, Tasmania, 12 June 2023

There's a lot cases where people go bush walking/hiking and think they hear water, so they assume there's water or a waterfall nearby and wander off the track to go look and when they turn to go back to the trail, they get very disoriented and can't find their way back and sometimes walk further into the bush away from the track and get lost. My gut is telling me something like that happened and she couldn't find her way out, because they've searched all along the track and can't find her. The sounds are different in the bush and can sound like it's coming from a different direction. It's pretty sad that she has gone missing on what should have been an amazing holiday.

Cadaver dog helps search for Belgian tourist Celine Cremer at Philosopher Falls bushwalk​

I hope Waggs the dog can find her.

Never forgotten: Family says thanks for tribute to lost bushwalker​

A simple tribute to missing Belgian bushwalker Celine Cremer will be placed at Philospher Falls near Waratah

Behind a paywall, I think. Posting it here for those who subscribe.

S
As a Tasmanian some things disturb me about this lady's disappearance. One was that the weather that day wasn't cold, wet or particularly windy, so the chances of even an inexperienced walker coming to an end are slim. Even the snakes are quiet at that time of year.
The second is that she is a really atractive looking, 31 year old blond who looks like she enjoys going out to the bar and so in a place like Waratah she would stick out likethe proverbial. The other thing is that there are a lot of wierdos in those parts of Tasmania and Savage River, the nearby former mining town is said to house some very rough characters whose law is only their own.
I wonder if she could have picked up a hitch hiker on her way to the walk? Some male who offered to join her and who took her friendly temperament for a suggestion of 'more' which when instigated and was not reciprocatedled to a rape and then the murder of this poor unfrotunate woman?
The fact that her last phone communication was from the day she went for the walk indicates that whaever happened was too quick for her to phone for help, that is if she were able to call.
It seems odd that the authorities can't locate her body, should she have slipped and fallen at the Falls themselves and that even with cadaver dogs brought in.
Perhaps she was alone walking and came across a snake basking in the sunlight on the track, shocked she dropped her phnoe as she scurried off the track and hid until it slithered away at which time it was darkening, she'd lost sight of her phone and had no idea which way to go?
I could posit she was abducted and may still be alive, tied to a wall in a shipping container somewhere and if so then I pray she makes it out alive.
But, even on a sunny day in a place like Tasmania you can go missing in a heartbeat and the place is so big and rugged that your remains may never surface, sadly.

I could posit she was abducted and may still be alive, tied to a wall in a shipping container somewhere and if so then I pray she makes it out alive.
What?!? Why would you even write something like that?!?

Just keep it factual please. You have some good local knowledge, but there is no need to write disturbing potential scenarios that are very unlikely to be true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleuthy1101
Back