Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

The cousin of CM has remembered the nine-year-old as a "smart, positive and happy" young girl.

She implored all Australians to remember the schoolgirl as she was in life.

"She was always very happy...a very smart and just happy girl," Ms H said.

"No-one has really celebrated her life yet as a whole.

"I want her to know that there's people out here that care, miss and love her.

"It's just a matter of just remembering her for herself, not for all this negativity and the constant updates and stuff; just for the positivity in her life that she had."

family-of-nine-year-old-remember-smart-and-happy-girl
Breaks my heart reading that. She was probably very trusting too.

Has something changed? Initially it was reported “police will allege in court that Mr S had held phone conversations with the child’s mother in the lead-up to the body being discovered.

“[There were] a number of telephone conversations with the girl’s mother, to purchase a number of sandbags, 20kg sandbags from a hardware store, to fuel a boat and then try and float that boat on the water at one of the docks in inner Sydney,” he said.

This has been addressed half a dozen times. The police said he had a number of conversations with the girls mother and purchased sandbags etc. They didn't say he had a conversation with the mother ABOUT sandbags.

Wouldn't the barrel have his DNA and fingerprints all over it though? And possibly on the clothing of CM? Fortuitous that he couldn't drop the barrel in the water so maybe there will be trace DNA.
Unless he wore gloves when dealing with the barrel? But hopefully there is trace of his DNA somewhere there.....
IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

When you look at route JS allegedly took ...... he could have disposed of the weapon anywhere on that 200km+ drive...... There is loads of forest, waterways, and rubbish bins, met someone and passed it on, etc etc..... the list is endless....

Mount Wilson, New South Wales 2786 to Colo NSW - Google Maps

Police really do need further CCTV Footage or sightings to assist in finding the weapon, and whatever else they are looking for???

It is unusual to tow a boat with the storage cover in situ..... they are usually removed before towing....

All imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Paraphrased:

CM's mother at first believed the account from her fiance about her daughter’s whereabouts and only later realise something was wrong and raised the alarm.

KM and JS had one or more phone conversations on the Thursday, January 13, the day he allegedly spent almost 5 hrs driving her body around in the back of his ute before he eventually dumped the nine-year-old’s body on the banks of the Colo River.

In the statement she gave to detectives last week, KM said JS at first gave her an explanation as to why CM was not at the rural estate where she left her in his care almost 48 hours earlier.

<modsnip: Members may provide the link that contain names; they just can't use the names here at Websleuths>

Thank you for the clarification, Sillybilly. Here is the link:

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

However it is Paywalled. Hence the paraphrasing above.

If he (JS) drove around for 5 hours, got captured on CCTV @ petrol stations, road cams & private home cams, (all of which we know he did), presumably also the @Bunnings store & who knows where else, his vehicle & phone both had some "retrievable" data; that (to me), indicates someone who appears not to be overly concerned about getting "caught"; possibly because he actually believed he could dispose of the child victim, no-one would "ever" know, everyone would believe him (clearly his mother does o_O) & his family's wealth & privilege would allow him to continue on his merry way; when it all came unstuck, he couldn't move the barrel into the river, he gave up, eventually skulking off to some dive in the city.
(imo).
There has to be DNA somewhere. I'm confident the investigators will leave no stone unturned.
Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.
---------------------------
<modsnip>

If KM really had no involvement/knowledge etc his plan may have been to take the child’s body out on the boat & put her in the water further out & claim she had fallen off at a seperate location to cover his crime/explain her disappearance but when the mother questioned him & made plans to arrive at the estate he panicked & had to act quicker than he was ready to, which could explain the seemingly erratic behaviour covering up a crime that seems as though it was intentional

If KM really had no involvement/knowledge etc his plan may have been to take the child’s body out on the boat & put her in the water further out & claim she had fallen off at a seperate location to cover his crime/explain her disappearance but when the mother questioned him & made plans to arrive at the estate he panicked & had to act quicker than he was ready to, which could explain the seemingly erratic behaviour covering up a crime that seems as though it was intentional
I still
Am trying to understand that if under pressure to conceal the crime.. that he planned such a huge ordeal when there is a massive wilderness surrounding the bells line of road whereby a burial may have been expedient?having written that it makes me feel absolutely terrible in regards to the demise of the precious child

Just to add - do we know if KM intended on allowing an overnight visit to the estate, or did she give permission for a day trip & things got out of hand from there

If he went to the trouble to buy sand and was travelling around the Drummoyne / Five Dock area with the intention of taking the boat out, my guess is that he thought he could sail out to the Heads where the Harbour meets the open ocean, push the weighted barrel overboard and CM’s body would never be found.

I still
Am trying to understand that if under pressure to conceal the crime.. that he planned such a huge ordeal when there is a massive wilderness surrounding the bells line of road whereby a burial may have been expedient?having written that it makes me feel absolutely terrible in regards to the demise of the precious child

I know, such a horrible subject to be discussing :(

He may have planned that too, she may have introduced the reality to him that there will be a massive bush search for her missing child when she understood she was “missing” forcing him to abandon that plan

He may have planned that too, she may have introduced the reality to him that there will be a massive bush search for her missing child when she understood she was “missing” forcing him to abandon that plan
Maybe he had told KM that her daughter had wandered off. Therefore the search would have focussed on the bush. That’s why initially he tried to take the boat out and sink the barrel?

L
Maybe he had told KM that her daughter had wandered off. Therefore the search would have focussed on the bush. That’s why initially he tried to take the boat out and sink the barrel?

I would have definitely agreed with that in the beginning, but after police say she is being treated as a witness & reports say she believed his initial story, I can’t imagine why she wouldn’t have reported her missing that day

I don’t go boating, but apparently it’s not unusual to keep the cover on while travelling distances. The cover keeps out dust and flies etc.
I agree with @SLouTh, it is common practice to leave the boat cover at home if you are going boating. It is difficult to store the boat cover in the back of the ute, in case it gets stolen. It is quite a large cover to try to squash into the back seat of the ute also. <modsnip>

I could definitely have the wrong opinion here..... however I think the footprints are a big "nothing burger" ...

I think they were used as distraction by the media as they couldn't report on what was actually happening that day with the real investigation ....

All my opinion....
The reason I posted it was because a few people suggested on the old thread that CM might have been running away from the accused and met her fate on the wildenstein estate, but I don't really think that the prints were anything meaningful too. I'm really hoping that MSM are allowed in the next courtroom hearing, because there's going to be some big revelations released.

But even the miles and miles of deserted bush which flanks the Bells line of road with many fire trails winding away into deep valleys.... it’s easy to conceal bodies forever in Australia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland
Back