Australia Australia - Maddison Murphy-West, 20, Pakenham, Vic, 23 Oct 2013

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...west-is-murdered/story-fni0fee2-1227099158855

Ice addict Troy Boothey jailed over bus road rage attack a month after girlfriend Maddison Murphy-West is murdered

AN ice addict has been jailed for a road rage attack on a bus driver a month after his girlfriend was murdered.

Troy Boothey was on a drug-fuelled bender after Maddison Murphy-West, a 20-year-old mother of a young boy, was found dead at her Pakenham home on October 23 last year.

Boothey, 25, pleaded guilty in Dandenong Magistrates’ Court yesterday to recklessly causing injury over the road rage attack in Hallam.

The bus driver had been waiting to enter a roundabout when Boothey cut him off and got out of his car, wielding a baseball bat.

A camera on the bus driver's dashboard recorded what happened next.

Boothey put the bat through the bus window, sending glass into his terrified victim's face, before returning to his car and driving off.

Boothey was identified by the driver from his mugshot.

<modsnip>

Thank goodness Maddison's killer was dumb or stoned enough to make mistakes, so his crime has not been simply assumed a suicide.

It seems I've been drawn to so many of these the past few years, the deaths of women made to look self-inflicted where it's actually more likely murder. Makes me wonder how many killers actually get away with it. I know many of us here have seen cases where a suicide ruling is so suss as to verge on ridiculous, and firmly believe it was murder (and in a few cases have been proved right). So the ones who are even better at hiding their crime might get a clear walk more often than we'd care to think....

eta: I need to have a little rant here, my apologies. But what burns me up the worst is that if a woman in a murder-made-to-look-like-suicide even has a history of PMS, there'll be those folks in the public - and worse, in LE - who'll immediately think, 'well, there ya go, obviously she killed herself". Let alone cases where a woman has actually been treated for depression, it's like a get out of jail free card for her murderer, that.

Is it just me? Or is there something very weird about the prevailing attitude toward suicide, that way? Like... it doesn't matter how invested in *life* the person was, how much they loved their career and their family and their kids, etc... if they had been 'sad lately' or even if they haven't -- it's instantly suicide, and people come out swinging to defend the notion that suicidal people don't always show it, lalala.

Well, sure thing, that's a fact. But it's also a fact that there's a LOT of murdering <modsnip> in this world more than happy to see their victims get the blame for their crime. And what worries me most is how many times LE have held the same opinions, and dropped the ball hard on cases later proved to be murders.

Thank goodness this appears to not be one of those times.

Thank goodness Maddison's killer was dumb or stoned enough to make mistakes, so his crime has not been simply assumed a suicide.

It seems I've been drawn to so many of these the past few years, the deaths of women made to look self-inflicted where it's actually more likely murder. Makes me wonder how many killers actually get away with it. I know many of us here have seen cases where a suicide ruling is so suss as to verge on ridiculous, and firmly believe it was murder (and in a few cases have been proved right). So the ones who are even better at hiding their crime might get a clear walk more often than we'd care to think....

eta: I need to have a little rant here, my apologies. But what burns me up the worst is that if a woman in a murder-made-to-look-like-suicide even has a history of PMS, there'll be those folks in the public - and worse, in LE - who'll immediately think, 'well, there ya go, obviously she killed herself". Let alone cases where a woman has actually been treated for depression, it's like a get out of jail free card for her murderer, that.

Is it just me? Or is there something very weird about the prevailing attitude toward suicide, that way? Like... it doesn't matter how invested in *life* the person was, how much they loved their career and their family and their kids, etc... if they had been 'sad lately' or even if they haven't -- it's instantly suicide, and people come out swinging to defend the notion that suicidal people don't always show it, lalala.

Well, sure thing, that's a fact. But it's also a fact that there's a LOT of murdering <modsnip> in this world more than happy to see their victims get the blame for their crime. And what worries me most is how many times LE have held the same opinions, and dropped the ball hard on cases later proved to be murders.

Thank goodness this appears to not be one of those times.

So many try to make it look like suicide or put the suggestion out there to cover themselves, just look at GBC and also the Jennifer Ramsaran case both tried to say drugs were involved etc. Both found Guilty thank heavens.

I also believe there are many more that try and get away with it.

I can't convey the disgust I feel at him using Maddy's death to get sympathy. Every day I'm hoping that Maddy will finally get justice.

One year since Maddie died. May she rest in peace and the truth about her death be told. Justice for Maddison. I really feel for her family and loved ones

So many try to make it look like suicide or put the suggestion out there to cover themselves, just look at GBC and also the Jennifer Ramsaran case both tried to say drugs were involved etc. Both found Guilty thank heavens.

I also believe there are many more that try and get away with it.

There are many that actually do and walk among us every day. That is the horrifying thought...

https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/news/2020-12-21/mothers-death-not-a-suicide/

Mother’s death ‘not a suicide’​

21/12/2020

Maddison_224500_02-1.jpg

By Mitchell Clarke

The death of much-loved Pakenham mother Maddison Murphy-West wasn’t a suicide, a coronial inquest has found.

More than seven years after the 20-year-old was found dead in her Ahern Road home in October 2013, State Coroner Judge John Cain officially confirmed her violent ex-partner, Troy Boothey, was capable of causing her death.

<modsnip - snipped for copyright, please see link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willy wagtail