Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

I normally think petitions don’t always do much but I do wonder whether Sally has considered one to put pressure on NSW police to actually actively investigate this further. It blows my mind they’re not communicating with her and bending over backward at this point to do all they can.

There are so many aspects of this case which make me very angry:

Ric Blum. His very existence.

Graham Childs

NSW Police — tick the box, some lip service and move on

The number of women who have made formal complaints to police with little to no legal consequence to AKA

Centrelink fraud — so Robodebt can call anyone but this jerk and his jerk wife can defraud the Australian system for decades and no consequences?

Border Security — how many passports? How many unknown border crossings? Was there someone on the inside helping him? Why no consequences?

So Australian police can taser a 93 year-old woman (who died) but can’t arrest an 82 year-old man who is linked to the disappearance and death of a beloved and celebrated Australian woman? Who has defrauded women around the world?

Bad bad smell coming from NSW.

100% all of the above. I suspect when it comes to this sort of system failure and incompetence, institutions and authorities don't want to know because they can't afford to know and they don't want their abject failings or their loop holes revealed.

Also in the here and now, they're maybe not interested in turning back the clock to investigate retroactively. Perhaps they don't even have budgets to do so never mind the inclination (lack of). They're probably all shoring up their defences against any allegations and contemplating press statements in case any news agencies approach them for comment and that's about as far as it goes.

They're probably all shoring up their defences against any allegations and contemplating press statements in case any news agencies approach them for comment and that's about as far as it goes.
It seems improbable that a criminal case will ever see the light of day even though this is the Coroner’s directive. Now is the time for Channel 7's Spotlight programme (which will possibly be rebranded as a result of an ongoing legal battle!) to do a follow up in-depth story on all the points that were not (or could not) be in the final Coroner’s report. For starters, Websleuths (and SL) could EASILY provide AS & BS with a multitude of unresolved questions. Questions like @LordFlimsy asked about the many aliases and @mishy66 knowing the connection to other victims whilst using these aliases; the bank security photo of the woman being MB?? The use of multiple passports; ability to frequently change name; voting enrollment alterations; alleged Centrelink fraud; motor vehicle licence and registration changes; AND possibly the most secure of all - a MEDICARE card!! How? How? How? These are all government departments and answerable to the entire Australian population!! This forum has been a huge investigating team for many years consisting of UNPAID individuals (not clairvoyants) undertaking a lot of research with extremely relevant and proven outcomes. And to think that only now, a formal criminal investigation is commencing!

It seems improbable that a criminal case will ever see the light of day even though this is the Coroner’s directive. Now is the time for Channel 7's Spotlight programme (which will possibly be rebranded as a result of an ongoing legal battle!) to do a follow up in-depth story on all the points that were not (or could not) be in the final Coroner’s report. For starters, Websleuths (and SL) could EASILY provide AS & BS with a multitude of unresolved questions. Questions like @LordFlimsy asked about the many aliases and @mishy66 knowing the connection to other victims whilst using these aliases; the bank security photo of the woman being MB?? The use of multiple passports; ability to frequently change name; voting enrollment alterations; alleged Centrelink fraud; motor vehicle licence and registration changes; AND possibly the most secure of all - a MEDICARE card!! How? How? How? These are all government departments and answerable to the entire Australian population!! This forum has been a huge investigating team for many years consisting of UNPAID individuals (not clairvoyants) undertaking a lot of research with extremely relevant and proven outcomes. And to think that only now, a formal criminal investigation is commencing!
Surely at least a few local and federal Members of Parliament could/would take action. Or an Ombudsman/similiar. Bypass police. Pressure them from above kinda thing. In addition to journalists etc. I’m sure Sally has this covered - has anyone heard?
(I once had enormous help from a local MPs senior staff, dealing with an inept govt dept & system. But someone ‘in the know’ told me which MP to contact, he had a great reputation that the public didn’t know about).

Sadly, you can't MAKE a department investigate a case. I've watched too many true crime documentaries to know that. The case just sits there until someone comes along who cares. The whole thing feels misogynistic -- since the coroner, Sally, and the victims are all women.

In the first episode of Laura Richards, she and Sally singled out one police officer who was commendable. Brown? Can't remember the name or what they did, but it was someone who testified at the inquest. It just takes one.

Scary thing is, even if Sally and Joni found evidence in Japan who would they give it to to folow up on ??? They were is no law enforcement advocate.

Most recent episode on CRIME ANALYST with Sally and Joni has more on this topic, regarding the police inactivity, who is above them (Attorney General), and the upcoming trip to Japan, England, Amsterdam. Also makes clear Sal’s disappointment in Coroner’s findings. Very heartfelt episode, unedited, and forthright. Sally holds nothing back, after years of being diplomatic. The shock that one can lie to a Coroner brazenly and suffer no consequence is just one of many points.

Also sounds like S and J feel like trip will yield dividends. Rich episode.

The sad thing (on top of all the other sad things) is the lack of care for the other known and unknown victims. There’s likely a very small amount of remaining time left to uncover the scope of this - even if one more person got an answer it would be worth the effort. You know what though, I suspect most of the alleged known / unknown victims have one thing in common that makes them expendable to authorities - they’re women.

Secondly, while they may not be able to get full answers now for Sally, given the main cause for that is the carelessly lost time, at the very least they owe her the effort. And given that if mistakes had not continued to be made then other victims could likely have been spared, it’s unforgivable.

What’s the most revealing to me though, is that all of the excuses in the world can be used regarding resources, etc but when it doesn’t seem that anybody has reached out to Sally proactively, which just basic human decency would require - to proactively give her full explanations and reasoning for whatever they are or aren’t going to do - then it becomes pretty clear who (majority anyway) they are, integrity wise.

Lastly - and I’m trying to word this sensitively - should remains be found in future when potential suspects are no longer alive, then wouldn’t DNA be useful from that angle too. I do hope that it’s available or legally a way is found to obtain it in advance. But that also requires an effort.

I have never been to Japan, but what would/could be the attraction of going to Narita rather than Tokyo? It's a 90 minute drive or a 2 hour train ride between the two cities and I can’t seem to find international flights going from Brisbane direct to Narita International Airport.

I have never been to Japan, but what would/could be the attraction of going to Narita rather than Tokyo? It's a 90 minute drive or a 2 hour train ride between the two cities and I can’t seem to find international flights going from Brisbane direct to Narita International Airport.
Before 2010, Narita was the closest international Airport to Tokyo City. In the late 90s and early 2000s, Japan Airlines used to do well priced flights to Europe and even other parts of Asia, such as Shanghai, which included a one night stopover in Nikko Narita Hotel at no extra cost.

Before 2010, Narita was the closest international Airport to Tokyo City. In the late 90s and early 2000s, Japan Airlines used to do well priced flights to Europe and even other parts of Asia, such as Shanghai, which included a one night stopover in Nikko Narita Hotel at no extra cost.
Than you @CuriousKat99! I was wanting (hoping, wishing) to link a Yakuza to a Belgian gang!! :)

Yes and a wedding if need be!

He created so much heartache within the families of the women he lied to, stole from, manipulated, potentially murdered.....that generationally, he robbed the very foundations of what is life itself.

His wife and children continue to condone his behaviour and show that the lives of innocent victims are worthless.

JMO of course

Images from Sally Leydon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_200034_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_200034_Instagram.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240420_200041_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_200041_Instagram.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 45
He created so much heartache within the families of the women he lied to, stole from, manipulated, potentially murdered.....that generationally, he robbed the very foundations of what is life itself.

His wife and children continue to condone his behaviour and show that the lives of innocent victims are worthless.

JMO of course

Images from Sally Leydon
So frustrating that NSW police/Dept Home Affairs are still not taking any action. I hope SL can sue at least NSW Police for their continued disgraceful handling of the case. The message it sends to him and his associates is that their behaviour is quite acceptable in our society and there are no consequences.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back