Australia - Nikki Francis-Coslovich, 2, beaten to death, Mildura, Vic, 25 Aug 2015

Police probe ice link to death of Mildura toddler Nikki Francis-Coslovich

POLICE are investigating the possible use of ice by a man who allegedly murdered his girlfriend’s two-year-old daughter in Mildura.

Nikki’s relatives had raised concerns about Mr Torney’s drug use with authorities and believed ice was a problem in the household.

Her father, Nick Coslovich, had sent a panicked message to a family service worker nine days before Nikki was found dead.

It read: ‘I need to get the girls out of that house and fast ... I must save my girls b4 its (sic) too late. Pls help me.”

Relatives claim Mr Torney had tried to buy ice from a known drug dealer

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...h/news-story/83861ddcfd247230319ac8cb64b69af3

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/30370055/accused-vic-toddler-killer-in-court/

The man accused of murdering Victorian toddler Nikki Francis-Coslovich has briefly appeared in court.
Mildura man John Torney, 31, appeared via video link in Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Tuesday charged with one count of murder before being remanded to face a committal hearing in Mildura Magistrates Court on February 8.
The body of two-year-old Nikki was found in her Mildura home on August 25, hours after she was reported missing by her mother.
Torney, who breathed heavily during Tuesday's appearance, will face a five-day committal hearing.
Up to 18 witnesses will be cross-examined during the Mildura proceedings.
Defence lawyer Sarah Pratt, of Victoria Legal Aid, queried the need for some of the witnesses to be questioned.

She opposed one witness, on grounds of relevance, and Magistrate Mary Robertson ordered that statement be withdrawn from the brief and the woman not be cross-examined.
Ms Pratt also raised concerns her client would be tarnished by allegations of violence at the home prior to his relationship with the girl's mother.
"It was a chaotic home situation at the time," Magistrate Robertson said.

Blood on her pillow :( no words...

(((Nikki)))
You lived such a chaotic life that you didn't deserve. I only hope that you are happy now, wherever you are. ❤

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

burgerIcon

Looks like our leopard hasn’t changed his spots

The court heard Mr Torney allegedly punched his partner to the face, threatened to set her on fire after throwing a jerry can full of petrol at her and dragged her up a hill by her hair.

The alleged attacks left the woman with severe injuries including a broken nose and a fractured eye socket.

It is understood Torney has been in held in custody for more than two weeks over the incident and plans contest the charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back