Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

Hi Fran,
...cannot I ask were this information comes from??
and cannot I ask what the proof is??
err I do not think I called the person a child molester ...
I just asked were this child allegation he posted came from...his proof!!!
and isn't it out RIGHT to protect children??

I agree.....this thread is about the Falconio case and the questions which still hang over it. I, for one, don't want to discuss something which never happened, and is being used to divert attention from the topic.

Hi Daphne, if you go back,you will see I only posted the
Craig Stephen Davis issue in this thread ,as the relevant thread would not allow me too...and Craig Stephen Davis comes from the same place and time period as the Mr Murdoch case...
It was a side issue that at the time I felt had no real relevance to the topic being discussed ..well I thought it didn't,till certain posters have given it a new life of its own...

Is there no end,as to what some people will go with out any evidence??

Strange strange...just this morning I received a pm to say that Craig Stephen Davis had spent time in the same section as Mr Murdoch did...
police deals done?? don't know, ...interesting times..

He had previous convictions for aggravated sexual assault on a mother and daughter. I don't think violent sex offenders are always logical about their offending behaviour, their need for sexual violence is compulsive regardless of how it may affect their drug running activities.

Completely wrong about the aggravated assault. The Mother ( who was a prostitute, drug user and all round lowlife)the daughter and the defacto husband were all tucked up nice and cosy in a caravan park at Boliviar, which is next to Salisbury North, in Adelaide.They were driven there by a friend of James Hepi. The jury were very doubtful that any crime had been committed as both 'victims' had very conflicting stories,as did hepi's friend.the jury's doubts were quickly confirmed when the caravan park owner testified they were all staying in a cabin at his caravan park on the other side of South Australia at the same time they claimed to have been assaulted.
all jury members quickly agreed to the verdict,and Bradley Murdoch was acquitted....BUT the media had described a innocent man as a rapist, and, as evident in your post - a few readers of the misleading media stories seemed to enjoy the subject and even now,over 10 years later try to mention it constantly even though it was a non event - it was a set up.
I suppose there would also be one or two bitter prisoners, like the one mentioned earlier...the school teacher from Salisbury North who molested a little eight year old pupil on numerous occasions, and who would have met Bradley as they were both in the same section of the same jail at the same time. Bet he was peeved getting convicted while Bradley was acquitted - but - HE committed the despicable offence,brad didn't.He was jailed for 10 years and released in late 2011. His little victim will be carrying her scars for life, and I hope she is successful in suing the school....but of course we will all know the outcome of the court decision, the media will tell us when they begin publishing the full story of the teacher. :twocents:

Regarding Peter Falconio, I don't think he was murdered - well, nothing happened to him at Barrow Creek anyway. There was absolutely no evidence of a crime having been committed apart from a small pool of blood near the road which was described as being approx. 250 ml, or one standard cup in capacity, and according to the black trackers the small blood pool was tainted because no flies,ants or other insects would go near it.
The only footprints found belonged to Joanne, although there were a few prints near the road which were consistent with a size 9.5 sneaker, the brand not sold in Australia. Bradley Murdoch takes a size 11.5..

Hi Daphne, if you go back,you will see I only posted the
Craig Stephen Davis issue in this thread ,as the relevant thread would not allow me too...and Craig Stephen Davis comes from the same place and time period as the Mr Murdoch case...
It was a side issue that at the time I felt had no real relevance to the topic being discussed ..well I thought it didn't,till certain posters have given it a new life of its own...

Is there no end,as to what some people will go with out any evidence??

Strange strange...just this morning I received a pm to say that Craig Stephen Davis had spent time in the same section as Mr Murdoch did...
police deals done?? don't know, ...interesting times..

Hi Continuum.....I wasn't criticising your efforts, it's the ill-informed/BS-ers I object to. It's well documented that there was no case for Murdoch to answer yet there are still those who will keep bringing it up.

What caught my attention of this case was the possibility of someone being "falsely convicted". I believe that participation in sites like this can make a difference in exposing injustice when it has occurred. In this particular case, I feel justice has been served.

Justice served?? interesting ...
ohh you mean by the sitting judge??? the same clown that passed this??
please explain justice...just for interest sake...
now lets see...

Chief Justice Brian Martin's sentencing remarks

Mr GJ, you have pleaded guilty to committing two offences against a young female child who was aged 14 or perhaps just 15. This means you have admitted that you committed these offences. You have admitted that you unlawfully assaulted, that is that you struck the child, and that your striking of the child involved a circumstance of aggravation that you threatened her with a boomerang. The second offence you have admitted is that you had sexual intercourse with the child.

and...

The total period of both sentences is to commence today. Of the total period, the sentence of 24 months, the sentence will be suspended after you have served one month commencing today.

The sentence will be suspended upon your own recognizance of $250 together with the requirement that you be of good behaviour for a period of two years from the date of your release. Two years from the date of the release is the period during which you must not commit any further offences for the purposes of the Sentencing Act.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...tencing-remarks/2005/09/27/1127804478319.html

I agree with Kemo, and the motive I would suggest is rape. He killed Falconio because he was intending to rape his gf and most likely then kill her too.

interesting ....and what can I ask brought to that conclusion??
a perception that a woman on her own in the middle of know were is fair game ?
or a deduction ,that ,that is what you would maybe do in the same situation??

a) Joanne was not raped
b) not even sexually groped
c) and in her original doctors report she refused a examination as she said nothing happened...

a) in her police report,she did mention that in her supposed struggle she reached up and squeezed her attackers Testicle ...
b) would this be the attempted rape you are eluding to?

and as for Falconio's death?? you would not by chance be able to tell us were he is then?

Regarding Peter Falconio, I don't think he was murdered - well, nothing happened to him at Barrow Creek anyway. There was absolutely no evidence of a crime having been committed apart from a small pool of blood near the road which was described as being approx. 250 ml, or one standard cup in capacity, and according to the black trackers the small blood pool was tainted because no flies,ants or other insects would go near it.
The only footprints found belonged to Joanne, although there were a few prints near the road which were consistent with a size 9.5 sneaker, the brand not sold in Australia. Bradley Murdoch takes a size 11.5..

I agree with you there - nothing happened to him at Barrow Creek. Do you think it was a set up - or do you think he was abducted after a struggle? But if abducted, why would the abductors leave Lees behind?

I agree with you there - nothing happened to him at Barrow Creek. Do you think it was a set up - or do you think he was abducted after a struggle? But if abducted, why would the abductors leave Lees behind?

Hi Josephine ,having followed this case as a avid reader of Robin Bowles books,I too believe Peter is still alive and the part of a bigger plan...a drug deal plan,that yes,went wrong,but wrong in a different way...
there is a whisper...a very loud whisper ,of late in the Northern Territory ,of undercover drug police involved in this episode...
Bad police,sacked police and disgruntled ...who knows were all this will lead to....

I hope that Peter Falconio's body is found one day - so they can get answers as to what happened to him.
There is something not right with the case - there has always been questions about the way the investigation was handled.
Is Murdoch still pleading innocence after all this time?

Hi Figtree, ...arr yes we all live in hope that Peter is found one way or another...
the general feeling in the Northern Territory is that Peter is either in Italy , or Spain...even the manager of the property that bounds that section of highway , was saying , its all a big police joke...
the area around Barrow Creek was thoroughly search by air and scrub bikes with umpteen amount of police ...all the way back to Alice...with out finding anything...
talk of spoon drains , mines and wells.... is all it is ...its just talk , and nothing else...

Hi Josephine, I strongly believe it was a set up,and at first I thought it may have been a case of Pete flying out to Papua New Guinea with his mate Dan and a hell of a lot of pills.the reason for this is that single plane ticket lees purchased for herself to use which was for a flight from Brisbane to Sydney - this ticket was purchased on that Saturday morning at Alice Springs airport,one single ticket.Lees is a narcissist,when she emphasizes certain events you know damn well it is a exaggeration,and when she babbled on about buying the ticket at the airport that day after receiving advice from a travel agency in the Alice that it may be cheaper, I became suspicious.Lees worked at a travel agency,in fact she raves about how helpful they had been when she and Pete were robbed in Thailand and lost credit cards,their flight tickets,cash and 'other' items - passports? There was no reason for her to go to that airport just to buy a single,one way ticket for a flight which commenced in another State thousands of miles away.How was she going to travel there? obviously Pete was not included.She could have simply rung and booked ahead.Did they go to the airport to pick someone up? Dan? Did they study the flights out of the Alice?There is no record of investigations into other tickets purchased,this ticket was found in the Kombi,also found was a ticket stub used by Peter to fly return from Sydney to Thailand before they left Sydney - (where did all this money come from? How did they afford rent in Sydney,partying nightly,purchasing a vehicle and living it up when they only worked for a couple of months?
Main players in this drama are Lees,Falconio,James Hepi,Chris Malouf and a couple of cops Hepi sold drugs for.Hepi had been transporting dope from Sedan,SA for a long time before he offered Brad money to help transport as well.It was Hepi's neighbours - none other than the prostitute mother and her brothel owning defacto (who,incidentally, was charged previously for numerous sexual harassment charges on young teenage girls) ANYWAY.....they helped hepi pack the drugs.Hepi wanted to branch out into selling pills - Brad was against this,he said dope was one thing,but he wanted nothing to do with pills.
Hepi had the 'green light' which is a expression used by corrupt cops for drug dealers who worked for them,making all of them money - by refusing to transport or deal with pills,Brad lost his green light.

So - here's a summary of what we have on this so far:

Murdoch feels the need to rape somebody so he makes sure he has the right equipment for the job - i.e. manacles and several rolls of tape, plus a bag.

One night, whilst travelling between Alice Springs and Broome, he spots Lees and Falconio in their kombi and follows them up the road for several miles, after ditching his trailer, before flagging the vehicle down. This involves him making a detour off his route.

Falconio sees nothing wrong in stopping for a complete stranger on a deserted road miles from anywhere. He stops gets out, chats with the gunman and comes back to the vehicle for his cigarettes and asks Lees to rev the engine. She does this but hears a bang which she NEVER said was a gunshot.

The gunman then points his gun at her but does not shoot her. He does not indicate what he wants. He struggles with her, punches her in the temple, -( which injuries a doctor never found) - tries to tape up her mouth and legs with different types of tape but fails. He puts manacles on her hands which are behind her back. Then he puts a bag on her head then shoves her into his ute with a silent dog which sheds no hair. She scrambles between the seats and escapes out of the back. Her hands are behind her back but she is able to feel the roof of the vehicle. The police fail to find the type of vehicle described by Lees in the whole of Aus. The gunman leaves no DNA on her apart from one small speck of fluid, despite having struggled with her, punching her, and tying her up.

She runs into the bushes leaving footprints. The man and his dog search for her with a torch. They fail to find her and fail to leave any footprints. The man goes back to the vehicles and tidies up. Shovels a mound of soil onto the blood and somehow manages to heave Falconios bleeding body into his ute without leaving any drag marks or drips. Then he moves the kombi into the bushes and walks back from its hiding place, leaving none of Falconios blood on it anywhere, even though he has been heaving a dead body about.

He drives off the way he came, stopping at the service station for some shopping before rehitching his trailer and continuing the journey. At some point he disposes of Falconios body.

Meanwhile back at Barrow Creek.... Lees hides in the bushes for five hours without once being bitten or scratched, and manages to stay warm throughout those hours, in the middle of winter. Then, when the time is right, she flags down a roadtrain for rescue.

She fails to phone her mother. She fails to phone the Falconios. She is reluctant to answer the police questions and even more reluctant to speak to any of the press. A description of Falconio is not forthcoming. She emails her secret lover asking to meet him in Berlin. When the Falconio family fly out she refuses to meet them. She shows no emotion at the loss of Falconio. Only when an offer of money is on the table does she agree to an interview. When this interview makes her look less than rosy she blames her mother for being swayed.

Yes - sounds like a simple case of thwarted rape to me!!! Not!!

Thanks for this succinct summary of all that was wrong with Lees' account. It almost sounds funny, when you put it like that, it's so unbelievable.

I just want to add - a whole cup of blood is a LOT. It really is not a 'small' amount of blood. I defy anyone to bleed a cupful of blood and tell me it isn't significant. Get a cup of V8 and spill it on your driveway. It's a significant amount of blood, which would take more than a small wound to produce.

Murdoch and Lees well could have been both responsible. Certainly, Murdoch came into contact with Lees. Certainly, Lees' account is as watertight as a Tetley teabag. I think a possible connection between them is something that should be/should have been minutely scrutinized.

Interesting post Kemo... a little research??of a case you NEVER heard of? and you did you come to your conclusion? can I ask what drew your attention to this case you never heard of before??
care to share??

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate my contribution but this is an open, crime solving discussion forum; not an advocacy forum. You may not agree with me but you should welcome this sort of feedback. I suspect the DNA evidence is the main reason Murdoch was convicted and the only hope his supported and defense attorneys have in overturning his conviction is to rebut that evidence.

Thanks for this succinct summary of all that was wrong with Lees' account. It almost sounds funny, when you put it like that, it's so unbelievable.

I just want to add - a whole cup of blood is a LOT. It really is not a 'small' amount of blood. I defy anyone to bleed a cupful of blood and tell me it isn't significant. Get a cup of V8 and spill it on your driveway. It's a significant amount of blood, which would take more than a small wound to produce.

Murdoch and Lees well could have been both responsible. Certainly, Murdoch came into contact with Lees. Certainly, Lees' account is as watertight as a Tetley teabag. I think a possible connection between them is something that should be/should have been minutely scrutinized.

Hi Ausgirl, the amount of blood was described by the forensics as not life threatening,and one also added that it looked as if it had been poured there,along with the main pool there were a couple of small drops on rocks ,like if you poured a liquid out and dripped it slightly as you straightened the container.The average human adult has about 5litres of blood - 10 pints or 5000 mil which equals approx. 20 standard cups - this blood pool was one cup, or 1/20th of total blood. A person can lose 40% of blood before needing resuscitation.
i agree the weepy watery dot on the back of Lees shirt does spell out contact, but contact and murder are two different things.Did you know when Falconio and Lees left Sydney they traveled through Victoria quite quickly and arrived in South Australia,while there they went to Sedan,where Hepi lived and brad sometimes stayed?

I agree with Kemo, and the motive I would suggest is rape. He killed Falconio because he was intending to rape his gf and most likely then kill her too.

No-one was going to rape Lees.The Prosecution suggested Lees use that scenario to up the ante in the trial.........:seeya:

Hi Ausgirl, the amount of blood was described by the forensics as not life threatening,and one also added that it looked as if it had been poured there,along with the main pool there were a couple of small drops on rocks ,like if you poured a liquid out and dripped it slightly as you straightened the container.The average human adult has about 5litres of blood - 10 pints or 5000 mil which equals approx. 20 standard cups - this blood pool was one cup, or 1/20th of total blood. A person can lose 40% of blood before needing resuscitation.
i agree the weepy watery dot on the back of Lees shirt does spell out contact, but contact and murder are two different things.Did you know when Falconio and Lees left Sydney they traveled through Victoria quite quickly and arrived in South Australia,while there they went to Sedan,where Hepi lived and brad sometimes stayed?

Yes I agree about the amount of blood being "small" as in non life threatening. Folk give more than this at a blood donor session - have a quick cuppa then carry on with what they were doing. So although the blood on the road was that of Falconio, it wasn't enough for him to have died there. Injured or assaulted yes - or possibly it was planted there as a ruse.

Hey glitters - you're right there, it's not a fatal amount of blood.. but 1/20th of total volume isn't insignificant, was my point. And I can't help wondering why anyone'd extract such a large amount of blood, plant it at a site (rather quickly, too, seeing as it was still liquid enough to be splashing) and then cover it in a pile of dirt..

I am certain there's no simple answer to what happened to Falconio. But I am pretty sure Lees is not an innocent, whatever happened.

Hmmm...it actually got a bit further than an accusation. There was apparently enough to charge him but I can see no record of a conviction.

Murdoch was acquitted so there was no conviction.If there was enough evidence to charge Murdoch with why did it fall over?.It fell over coz it was B/S and the Pirates of Sedan set Murdoch up so they could get some payback on him and possibly claim a victims of crime payment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back