Australia Australia - Tegan Lane, 2 days old, Sydney, 14 Sept 1996 *K. Lane guilty*

Last edited:
Caro has returned, and posted to Exposed yesterday. I can't link to Fb on this device, I guess we all know where to look:)

IMO The most interesting comments were about one of the secret police tapes of Keli as presented at trial and documented in Nice Girl.

Caro claimed she had not read that version at all:eek:

Surely Rachael Chin didn't make that up??

Caro has returned, and posted to Exposed yesterday. I can't link to Fb on this device, I guess we all know where to look:)

IMO The most interesting comments were about one of the secret police tapes of Keli as presented at trial and documented in Nice Girl.

Did Caro say which transcripts or specifically which questions and answers purported by Rachel (and the court?) to be recorded on the tapes but were not? I’m confused...

Did Caro say which transcripts or specifically which questions and answers purported by Rachel (and the court?) to be recorded on the tapes but were not? I’m confused...
She got messaged separately but the poster was referring to this recording:

From "Nice Girl"
'Do you love her or not?' Asks Peter, trying to steer the conversation away from these dark ponderings

'No, f* her!' Exclaims Keli, hysterically.

Caro: (ABC Exposed)
I have the source materials in front of me... does not reflect the actual police transcript of the listening device that we have....

The group members have mostly read Nice Girl. Very surprised.

The problem I have with Nice Girl, is that the author states at the very beginning that some parts have been dramatized- so what is the truth and what is fiction?
I have the impression that words from the trial and the recordings are actual. Words from the conversations at home, at private locations, had to be made up. If dramatization was not minimised, I would be disappointed.

Surprising isn't it.

No, Chin definitely did not make it up. In fact Chin is far from impressed with Exposed investigation.

Caro is claiming the recording is inaudible in parts due to background noise and totally playing down the conversation which I found surprising.

Another new podcast, same story.

Fourth Estate Pod - Exposed - Caro Meldrum-Hanna

Also Caro has had her people inform her that Borovnik has referred to her as "Clueless Caro" and messaged FB group admin to have it removed.

I suppose I shouldn't ask how you know, TO.

There are obviously two camps with the Keli Lane case. Journalists are human too, they have their own biases which of course they do not acknowledge.

But if Exposed is indeed suppressing opposing voices, or even refers to them as "off topic" and "inappropriate" when they are simply a viewpoint that they don't like... They are not much better than Murdoch & co. :rolleyes:

Looks like a coordinated push to get her back in the spotlight. Have her supporters hired a PR firm? Keli Lane must have written tonnes of letters to advocates from inside jail, really nothing new.

Looks like a coordinated push to get her back in the spotlight. Have her supporters hired a PR firm? Keli Lane must have written tonnes of letters to advocates from inside jail, really nothing new.
You might be right Marple:

A Christmas letter to my daughter from a jail cell

‘Dear Xanthe,

The question I have to ask is why am I still in prison? 8 years locked away for a crime I did not commit based on lies, cover ups, fabricated evidence and more importantly NO EVIDENCE! Although I believe the conviction should be quashed I am not afraid to go to retrial. I have nothing to hide and I have spent years searching for my child. If it goes to retrial I hope it will be fair and transparent.

This will be my 9th Christmas separated from my daughter, my partner, stepchildren and my elderly parents. Another Christmas where we have to put on a brave face, try to make the best of it, but it is a struggle for all of us. Every day away from them has been extremely difficult but this time of year really amplifies how heartbreaking and distressing it is to be separated. I get so upset thinking about how hard it must be for my daughter and all the years she has missed out on having us together. She was a little girl when I came in and now she is a young lady.

Kind regards,

Keli’

‘Dear Xanthe,

The question I have to ask is why am I still in prison? 8 years locked away for a crime I did not commit based on lies, cover ups, fabricated evidence and more importantly NO EVIDENCE! Although I believe the conviction should be quashed I am not afraid to go to retrial. I have nothing to hide and I have spent years searching for my child. If it goes to retrial I hope it will be fair and transparent.

This will be my 9th Christmas separated from my daughter, my partner, stepchildren and my elderly parents. Another Christmas where we have to put on a brave face, try to make the best of it, but it is a struggle for all of us. Every day away from them has been extremely difficult but this time of year really amplifies how heartbreaking and distressing it is to be separated. I get so upset thinking about how hard it must be for my daughter and all the years she has missed out on having us together. She was a little girl when I came in and now she is a young lady.

Kind regards,

Keli’
:rolleyes: for a moment I thought she penned a letter to Tegan! Now that would be news.

But to her, she doesn't have any other daughter, right? What could be the name of a condition, in which one totally brainwashes oneself? Totally dissociates oneself from reality? o_O

*snipped by me
This will be my 9th Christmas separated from my daughter, my partner, stepchildren and my elderly parents.
Stepchildren? LOL.

Plenty of letters it seems. Ms Lane has been quite busy communicating with the outside world via her supporters.

One of Lane's vocal supporters, Hayley, who was previously incarcerated with Lane (for child abuse and drug charges) has posted things on FB on Lane's behalf, with the sole purpose of causing grief to Patrick Cogan's current partner who is in the same FB group. A picture of Patrick and Lane in swimmers with her arms around him with the caption 'Forever Hers' :rolleyes:

I did enquire some time ago as to why Exposed allowed Lane to portray herself as having a loving long term partner and as to why Caro herself referred to Patrick Cogan as being her long term partner knowing full well he has been in a serious relationship with another woman for the past 3 years. No reponse of course.

Seems Lane just keeps on getting away with doing and saying whatever because no one will call her on her actions and lies. People just say 'Well it wasn't a fair trial..' Whether it was or wasn't, I feel Lane is an utter waste of resources. Oops sorry, my bad there's 'new and compelling evidence'.

*snipped by me

Stepchildren? LOL.

Plenty of letters it seems. Ms Lane has been quite busy communicating with the outside world via her supporters.

One of Lane's vocal supporters, Hayley, who was previously incarcerated with Lane (for child abuse and drug charges) has posted things on FB on Lane's behalf, with the sole purpose of causing grief to Patrick Cogan's current partner who is in the same FB group. A picture of Patrick and Lane in swimmers with her arms around him with the caption 'Forever Hers' :rolleyes:

I did enquire some time ago as to why Exposed allowed Lane to portray herself as having a loving long term partner and as to why Caro herself referred to Patrick Cogan as being her long term partner knowing full well he has been in a serious relationship with another woman for the past 3 years. No reponse of course.

Seems Lane just keeps on getting away with doing and saying whatever because no one will call her on her actions and lies. People just say 'Well it wasn't a fair trial..' Whether it was or wasn't, I feel Lane is an utter waste of resources. Oops sorry, my bad there's 'new and compelling evidence'.

I wondered about Keli’s stepchildren too. I really wonder what will come of this exposè. Whether the truth will be told or it will be spun into a story that will save face all round. I really can’t see Keli receiving a retrial.

*snipped by me

Stepchildren? LOL.

Couldn’t agree more, the FB group is well charged with KL supporters. I was quite confused when the photo of PG and KL popped up. Just another was to prove her “specialness?” I watched the Exposed story and yep nothing ground breaking going on there!

‘Dear Xanthe,

Kind regards,

Keli’
KL’s lack of mention of her “missing” child throughout everything I read is astonishing. Never refers to Tegan. One would think crying out for “where’s my child” I pray she is ok? I wonder what she looks like now?
Please Andrew at least let me know she’s ok? Plenty of FB groups kicking around about saving her (KL) haven’t been able to find a
“Find Tegan Lane” Group anywhere? Her prison friends which seems mostly all she has these days could be leading the charge to help find this child?

My mum is a family history buff and she’s been able to link hidden children back generations. IF and that’s a big IF (I’m thinking she was disposed of) imo however IF the story was to be true this child could have been registered with different parents, name and the lot. Only way to find that truth is someone in the loop has to slip something up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back