Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Correct, a charge must be heard and judged on its own merit.
However, when it comes time for sentencing, previous charges / criminal history can be referred to & taken into consideration, particularly if it’s in the same vein.

Imo
Yes of course, in this case though there were no charges or criminal history.

The remains of little Emile in France have been found.
Near to where he was last seen. :(

Last edited:
Most of us know that Hans Rupp did investigate the FP in the first place. (refer to Caroline Overington's interview with Hans Rupp in her episode 4 "Person Of Interest" podcast)

He took their cars, phone, computers, checked the integrity of the proof of life photos, and investigated. He found no evidence of their involvement.

imo

Doesn't mean he was right and/ or did/didnt missed anything...quite frankly was botched from the get go.

and....here we are.

most importantly he is not.

moo

Agree most parents get frustrated and many of us have lost our cool at times. But would you say most parents rise to the level that these two did?
And if you are a foster carer you would be aware of likelihood of existing trauma and insecurity in foster children, and temper your behaviour accordingly?

Parenting can be incredibly frustrating.
And quite hard to make good decisions when they’re acting up. You can know that you _shouldn’t_ react… and still react. I’ve done it and probably 99% of people on here.

Now a kick is 100% too far and needs to be a legal matter.
But we’ve all felt that frustration, to some degree. Poor impulse control in one instance doesn’t necessarily make someone a monster. I can empathise.

Wonder how much money NSWPOL spent trying to turn the one incident into more. 700 hrs of recordings, then had 4 suits at her hearing, court time, prosecutors, judges…
Good use of taxpayer funds?
Quiet week for crimes across NSW?

Parenting can be incredibly frustrating.
And quite hard to make good decisions when they’re acting up. You can know that you _shouldn’t_ react… and still react. I’ve done it and probably 99% of people on here.

Now a kick is 100% too far and needs to be a legal matter.
But we’ve all felt that frustration, to some degree. Poor impulse control in one instance doesn’t necessarily make someone a monster. I can empathise.

Wonder how much money NSWPOL spent trying to turn the one incident into more. 700 hrs of recordings, then had 4 suits at her hearing, court time, prosecutors, judges…
Good use of taxpayer funds?
Quiet week for crimes across NSW?
They could have succeeded, trying to get the infos, they needed. With a bit of luck, anyway. And how would we praise them for it!

They could have succeeded, trying to get the infos, they needed. With a bit of luck, anyway. And how would we praise them for it!

This strike force used a child in a prolonged pressure situation to try and unsuccessfully get information. That will never be praiseworthy, in my opinion.

At least in the BS investigation and arrest, the children were quickly removed when things started heating up.

But they didn't. They shouldn't need "luck" they need evidence. IMO

They had the FF under surveillance for 14 months , tapped their home & car, had 100's if not 1000hrs of audio to listen too & not one thing related to William was found.

They said “We aren’t guessing, we aren’t bluffing, and we know why, we know how, we know where he is,”

They done the "big dig" with all the media fan fare to go along with it. Taken the FGM's car etc

Interviewed LT for hours asking 750 questions in 2 sessions & nothing related to William has come from that .

Put the FF thru the NSWCC.

They've applied maximum pressure to the FF publicly.

And still, no evidence has been shown, 3 - going on nearly 4yrs later..............from when they first publicly said the FM was the "prime" suspect

The Inquest keeps getting pushed back , The DDP are dragging their feet ( they've had the brief since June 2023 )

Are we really any further than we were the day William disappeared?

All I can see is NSWPF spending tons of NSW tax payers dollars

The recordings perhaps. I can see the angle there.

4 suits turning up to a sentencing hearing, someone who’s already plead guilty to an unrelated crime, does not seem justifiable to me.

The recordings perhaps. I can see the angle there.

4 suits turning up to a sentencing hearing, someone who’s already plead guilty to an unrelated crime, does not seem justifiable to me.
I agree, I think it’s excessive & a waste of taxpayer $ ( I think there were 5 of them) - but then the other side of it is their show of strength, ‘we know what happened & it’s all with the DPP’…. imo.

But they didn't. They shouldn't need "luck" they need evidence. IMO

They had the FF under surveillance for 14 months , tapped their home & car, had 100's if not 1000hrs of audio to listen too & not one thing related to William was found.

They said “We aren’t guessing, we aren’t bluffing, and we know why, we know how, we know where he is,”

They done the "big dig" with all the media fan fare to go along with it. Taken the FGM's car etc

Interviewed LT for hours asking 750 questions in 2 sessions & nothing related to William has come from that .

Put the FF thru the NSWCC.

They've applied maximum pressure to the FF publicly.

And still, no evidence has been shown, 3 - going on nearly 4yrs later..............from when they first publicly said the FM was the "prime" suspect

The Inquest keeps getting pushed back , The DDP are dragging their feet ( they've had the brief since June 2023 )

Are we really any further than we were the day William disappeared?

All I can see is NSWPF spending tons of NSW tax payers dollars

it is evidence... and quite alot was achieved by LE.

William's sister is no longer in the hands of her abuser's.
And....the fosters will never be able to get their hands on another foster child again.

It's not a good look or helpful to their innocence if charges come a knockin about William with all this ugly under their belt..and a criminal rap cheat getting some length to it.

Exposing these people has been far more fruitful and damaging then being credited.

It will all add up in importance for a prosecution.
Every.....piece....matters.

And....the fosters will never be able to get their hands on another foster child again.

It's not a good look or helpful to their innocence if charges come a knockin about William with all this ugly under their belt..and a criminal rap cheat getting some length to it.

Exposing these people has been far more fruitful and damaging then being credited.

BBM - We are discussing Williams case though. Nothing has been achieved in furthering his case whatsoever. All the charges are unrelated to his case and will have no bearing on any prosecution regarding him.

BBM - We are discussing Williams case though. Nothing has been achieved in furthering his case whatsoever. All the charges are unrelated to his case and will have no bearing on any prosecution regarding him.

I think it could be said that the current strike force has actually furthered the clearing of FM in William's case.

- They found no evidence of William, despite digging up and sifting the entire area where they "knew" William was.
- The magistrate in this recent case said she found no pattern of violence, as was alleged by the prosecution. This is something that I think the police were trying to establish (a pattern of violence).
- No forensic discovery in the vehicles or at FGM's home, despite their re-examination.

And that is on top of the FP being cleared previously by two lead investigators, after their own investigations.

imo

I think it could be said that the current strike force has actually furthered the clearing of FM in William's case.

- They found no evidence of William, despite digging up and sifting the entire area where they "knew" William was.
- The magistrate in this recent case said she found no pattern of violence, as was alleged by the prosecution. This is something that I think the police were trying to establish (a pattern of violence).
- No forensic discovery in the vehicles or at FGM's home, despite their re-examination.

And that is on top of the FP being cleared previously by two lead investigators, after their own investigations.

imo
Yes you’re right! I guess that’s what happens when you try to make the evidence (if any) fit the person and not just follow the evidence

Well considering the case is at the DPP right now...since this has all been exposed I beg to differ.

ALOT has been achieved.

And until the DPP tells us the case has been dismissed, this is all moving forward in Williams case as far as Strikeforce Rosann is concerned.

Well considering the case is at the DPP right now...since this has all been exposed I beg to differ.

ALOT has been achieved.

And until the DPP tells us the case has been dismissed, this is all moving forward in Williams case as far as Strikeforce Rosann is concerned.
It’s standard procedure. They are simply asking the DPP if there is enough there to prosecute. It’s a last ditch effort because they obviously don’t have enough to charge them. The apparent charges they are asking for assistance on aren’t even murder/manslaughter anyway. The DPP don’t dismiss a case they will decline to the prosecute. IMO this is exactly what will happen in this case. The detectives probably anticipated this and that’s why they “leaked” it to the press IMO.l think this case gets further and further away from a resolution every time a new detective takes over.

It’s standard procedure. They are simply asking the DPP if there is enough there to prosecute. It’s a last ditch effort because they obviously don’t have enough to charge them. The apparent charges they are asking for assistance on aren’t even murder/manslaughter anyway. The DPP don’t dismiss a case they will decline to the prosecute. IMO this is exactly what will happen in this case. The detectives probably anticipated this and that’s why they “leaked” it to the press IMO.l think this case gets further and further away from a resolution every time a new detective takes over.
due respect that is your opinion.
Maybe hopeful thinking?

Until the DPP/ strike force rosann tells us different, everything is on the table.

ALOT has been achieved.

<modsnip - personalizing>
The inquest has been on hold for 3.5 years. Last 6 months of that was dealing with these charges. These charges have, if anything, slowed investigation into William.

In reality, it seems obvious to me that if there had been any _significant_ findings either during the inquest, during the 1000 hrs of recordings, during the largely unrelated abuse case, the NSWCC hearings, or ongoing searches, charges would have been laid. And we could say things are moving forward.

<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:

BBM : I'd hardly say they have a lengthy criminal rap sheet........

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasgrl
Back