Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

BBM : I'd hardly say they have a lengthy criminal rap sheet........
But what they did and said to the foster child(ren) is criminal behavior in my eyes. I’m comfortable knowing that they won’t get to treat any other child the way they treated the one we know about. That’s punishment enough for me right now. Unless or until new evidence is found. Then I want total accountability. Moo

As I expected - delays upon delays, while a little boy is denied justice.

What’s the hold up I wonder. Imo, either she’s to be charged or they need to focus elsewhere. Is the DPP team short staffed ?

Sounds to me that the ball is back in the police's court. According to the article, the ODPP want the police to clarify some of their evidence.

imo

At-risk children's 'broken' NSW government protection system is harming them, advocates say​

After more than 20 years as a child protection case worker, Betina Huber reached her breaking point last year.

"Seeing the children's pain and suffering on a day-to-day basis it got to a point where I thought 'I can't do it anymore'," she said.

After a period of leave, Ms Huber resigned in February.

She had worked for the New South Wales government's Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), overseeing the care of children removed from family homes for their own welfare.

Ms Huber said that while it could be difficult to hear and see what was happening to children in their own homes, she felt the welfare system was also "abusive" to them.

. . .

The NSW government says one solution to the damaging emergency care arrangements is to recruit more foster carers.

But it is struggling to retain the ones it already has.

Courtney, whose real name has been withheld for privacy, has taken about 10 children into her home as a foster carer over the past decade.

At-risk children's 'broken' NSW government protection system is harming them, advocates say​

After more than 20 years as a child protection case worker, Betina Huber reached her breaking point last year.

"Seeing the children's pain and suffering on a day-to-day basis it got to a point where I thought 'I can't do it anymore'," she said.

After a period of leave, Ms Huber resigned in February.

She had worked for the New South Wales government's Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), overseeing the care of children removed from family homes for their own welfare.

Ms Huber said that while it could be difficult to hear and see what was happening to children in their own homes, she felt the welfare system was also "abusive" to them.

. . .

The NSW government says one solution to the damaging emergency care arrangements is to recruit more foster carers.

But it is struggling to retain the ones it already has.

Courtney, whose real name has been withheld for privacy, has taken about 10 children into her home as a foster carer over the past decade.

IMO, the reported ‘burn out’ has been happening in this dept for many years, at the expense of both staff & the children relying on them.
It’s a disturbingly sad side effect of the decline in societal values, financial pressures, drug & alcohol abuse and DV - to list a few. The road back will be long & hard one, and I’m not sure how it will happen.

Just my opinion.

Another 6 month delay. Seems to me that ODPP wants police to withdraw the brief rather than ODPP having to say it's a joke.

Meanwhile the Coroner puts the Inquest files back in her drawer.
Well to be fair one can see it while ever it is under consideration....THERE MUST BE something that keeps them holding it.

IMO it would be very easy for the NSW DPP to tick the box off with a NO.

Why aren't they?????

Well to be fair one can see it while ever it is under consideration....THERE MUST BE something that keeps them holding it.

IMO it would be very easy for the NSW DPP to tick the box off with a NO.

Why aren't they?????

Reportedly the ODPP has asked police for clarification on a number of pieces of evidence included in the brief.

Again, my guess is they privately expect the police to withdraw the brief owing to lack of evidence sufficient -- in the DPP's opinion -- to convict on a beyond reasonable doubt basis.

Reactions: JLZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back