Race: Uncertain
Height: 5' 0"-5' 2"(60-62 inches)
, Estimated
Weight: Cannot estimate
Hair Color: Brown, long
Eye Color:
Unknown
Clothing -
"Levi" brand olive green corduroy pants with inseam: 31", waist 29". Ponderosa long sleeve shirt, green, blue, black plaid (Pendleton type): Chest 48", sleeve 32". White panties with green and red floral pattern. Approximately 26" waist. Black stretch socks and black cloth lace-up shoes with beige synthetic soles with tread pattern of 1/8" wide ribbing, length 9-3/4". The pant legs and shirt sleeves were rolled up and were too large for the decedent"
Accessories - "A silver metal bracelet was found in the shirt pocket and the decedent was laying on what appeared to be a belt buckle to an elastic type belt."

Stats match up pretty well - right age, height, clothing description. Hair color is right but I'm not sure if she had long hair when she disappeared. "Uncertain" could point towards Lisa too since she was biracial. Distance is a bit far though (~6 hours from Phoenix to Bonsall) but not improbable.

I wish they had a PMI estimate for the UID. Could explain the difference in hair length. Although, if she were alive for a few years after her disappearance the clothing wouldn’t necessarily matter. I’d say submit it if you feel strongly about it!

I wish they had a PMI estimate for the UID. Could explain the difference in hair length. Although, if she were alive for a few years after her disappearance the clothing wouldn’t necessarily matter. I’d say submit it if you feel strongly about it!
PMI would be really helpful here, I suspect something may have happened the day she went to the concert....

I may try submitting if @victoriarobinson642 hasn't already! I think we had the same hunch about this UID being Leca.

1683367887530.jpg
As the family suspects she may have been a victim of a serial killer, I researched a bit and found Charles Gary Sullivan, a suspected serial killer, found guilty of a murder and considered a possible suspect of two or three more, two of them, Linda Taylor and Barbara Cotton, have never been located.

Last edited:
If you guys know somebody who speaks Spanish you might check to see if there is an unidentified young lady matching Lisa’s description from 1975 in Porto Penasco, Mexico or Nogales, Mexico. Puerto Peñasco is closer to Phoenix… And there’s nothing between the border and the little beach resort town. If she passed out she could easily be taken down to Mexico before she ever woke up and the border agents would just let an American car across without asking questions
I do. The problem is that their database is a little bit confusing:
The parameters to check are weird, for instance where's the body now (donated to University, mass grave...). I don't know those details. However, I did a search and found nothing. I think their records didn't go back to 1970s, as the oldest date is 2006.
If someone knows another Mexican database, I will check it.

Last edited:
I may be able to get some information for you if you have questions. My father and her were close. Leca is my father’s first cousin. Of course she was adopted. Her adoptive mother, Norma Manning is my father’s aunt. Leca (they pronounced her name as “uh-Lisa” but she was always called Leca pronounced “Lisa”. She also used the name Lisa for simplicity. Norma Manning did move to Texas to be near her father sometime after Leca disappeared. Leca’s grandfather live in tiny Myra, Texas which is north of Dallas on the Texas/OK border.

I am under the impression that Norma lived in Arizona at the time of Leca’s disappearance.

What I wanted to say is that her mother would burst into tears if she was alive and knew that people still cared. There was not a single time that I saw her that she did not talk about Leca. She never got over her disappearance and lived a sad existence after Leca was gone. Leca was her life and they were extremely close

I do not think that Lisa was pregnant… And I’m just gonna use Lisa because I want to be able to dictate this rather than type on my tiny phone. I think that it is a coincidence but I will ask my father about it. Lisa was kind of a wild child and came from a family that had alcohol problems. Hence her adoption. The family that she went into also had problems. My grandmother who is Normas sister died of alcoholism as homeless person at YMCA.

So…Norma adopted her in Alaska. This is when Alaska was barely a state and it was still very wild. My aunt Norma was a tough woman and loved the wilds of Alaska. I seem to remember that maybe she was a pilot… I will have to verify that. My grandmother was so may I am getting that confused. I know that Norma had a very volatile relationship with her husband… maybe his name was Jack? and after they divorced or he passed away, norma and Lisa moved. I don’t know if Lisa ever lived in Texas but that is something I will find out. It seems like they would’ve left Alaska and gone to Texas first then Az. Because all of their family was in Dallas area or Myra.

I know that Lisa went to a concert with friends she got separated or possibly left with someone. No one seems to know who that was.

To the day she died Aunt Norma never got over this and turned into a bitter person. Completely understandable. She would always say “oh, my Lisa”.

Norma died before the Internet was like it is now. I know that she would call occasionally and follow up with the police in Arizona.

If you have any questions, let me know and I will ask my father.
Does your dad happen to recall any jewelry Leca wore regularly? Also, you mentioned Norma marrying and divorcing a man named Jack. Do you know of his last name? Is that how Leca received the last name Manning? Thanks in advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge
Back