AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children recently changed Isabel's case from endangered missing to non family abduction.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1193092&seqNum=1

Is this something they do at the advice of LE or is it at their discretion based on information in the media?

Then we have the FBI website that is also quite confusing because we have Hailey Dunn listed as a kidnapping but Haleigh Cummings, Lindsay Baum, Aliyah Lunsford, Kyrion Horman and other children listed as missing persons.

What does it all mean? Is missing person considered possible family involvement? Is kidnapping considered non family involvement? Or am I making too much of the labelling and it really doesn't make a difference?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

One thing is for sure, it becomes very frustrating and sad that so many of these cases that we followed...some for months....others for years, remain unresolved and these children are still "missing".

I think they label it as missing when they don't know what happened, there are no signs of forced entry to indicate an abduction, or evidence to indicate a homicide.
Interesting that they've labeled Isa as non-family abduction, and I'm also curious whether this came from LE or if it's their own determination.

they actually changed it early on from non family abduction to endangered missing

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1193092&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

it still says endangered missing.

The reporter brought up at an early presser that if the family had not been cleared why did the poster say non family abduction and it was changed within a few hours if not quicker than that.

nurse, this is what it says on the link I posted:

ISABEL M. CELIS
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Aug 27, 2005 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Apr 20, 2012 Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 6 Height: 3'8" (112 cm)
Missing City: TUCSON Weight: 44 lbs (20 kg)
Missing State : AZ Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Hazel
Case Number: NCMC1193092

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1193092&seqNum=1

:waitasec:

they actually changed it early on from non family abduction to endangered missing

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1193092&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

it still says endangered missing.

The reporter brought up at an early presser that if the family had not been cleared why did the poster say non family abduction and it was changed within a few hours if not quicker than that.

Why does the case file type show "non family abdiction" and the poster show "endangered missing." This is what confuses me ... TIA

Well, I agree with LE not doing that, but......

What if the cleaning crew had been the ones to initially find some message written on the closet wall, and they tipped off LE.

I can totally see one of the cleaning crew telling a cousin, who told a neighbor, etc.

I really don't put too much value on this "message" thing, anyhoo, but wanted to weigh in on how a leak might have happened. :). JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't explain the wife of a cop telling a friend, though.... unless the wife is part of the cleaning crew.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some reporter didn't pick up on the dad saying what he did about writing on the wall with crayons and maybe one of the cleaning crew did find some drawings on the closet wall so he/she let their imagination run wild.

Why does the case file type show "non family abdiction" and the poster show "endangered missing." This is what confuses me ... TIA

it confuses me as well... I wonder if they just didn't change the wording on all categories after LE asked them to?

At this point who knows.. if you click on the 'poster' it says endangered missing

That doesn't explain the wife of a cop telling a friend, though.... unless the wife is part of the cleaning crew.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some reporter didn't pick up on the dad saying what he did about writing on the wall with crayons and maybe one of the cleaning crew did find some drawings on the closet wall so he/she let their imagination run wild.

Thats probably what happened because he clearly said Isa wrote/drew on the walls of their home in crayon.

I have had insiders tell me things privately during a case but I would never divulge a word to anyone else about what I had been told.

There is still an ongoing investigation where LE is trying to keep everything close to their vest.

I think it is nothing but someone wanting attention...anonymously of course. This has happened in other cases and it turned out to be nothing but rumor and gossip toted on the net.

The supposedly so called inside info was rampant in the Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker murder case and it was all a bunch of bullchips.

IMO

I will try to go back and find my post because I remember discussing the 'non family abuction' quite awhile back. I saw it listed that way on the site at that time.

IMO

That's ok ocean. It seems they have both on the site so who knows. She's missing and needs to be found no matter what. :sigh:

Well, looks like there is no new info. So sad.

I was thinking about the behavior/body language of the parents during their media interviews and came across this little cheat sheet. Thought you guys might like to look it over.

http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/07/07/25-acts-of-body-language-to-avoid/

#5, 7, 8, and 15 were very interesting. I was thinking about BC during their very first media speaking and she kept touching her neck and the bridge of her nose. SC had slow blinking eyes in some of his interviews.

Good morning. I'm way behind and need to catch up on most of this thread as I wasn't here much yesterday. I'll assume the presser is still on for 2:00 local time, so I'll get caught up by then.

Slightly OT: DH and I saw the final performance of our Michigan Opera Theatre season yesterday. The female lead, Nedda, was sung by soprano Jill Gardner who appeared as Cio-Cio San in Madame Butterfly with Arizona Opera.

http://www.azopera.com/news.php?subcat=releases&release=butterfly.press.release

Good morning. I'm way behind and need to catch up on most of this thread as I wasn't here much yesterday. I'll assume the presser is still on for 2:00 local time, so I'll get caught up by then.

Slightly OT: DH and I saw the final performance of our Michigan Opera Theatre season yesterday. The female lead, Nedda, was sung by soprano Jill Gardner who appeared as Cio-Cio San in Madame Butterfly with Arizona Opera.

Lol you answered my question before my post. Esp

If the perp removed the screen, climbed in, took Isa, and carried her out the window (had to, unless they have Isa's fibers) there would be evidence left behind...more so if she walked over the sill herself. When he bent down to pick up Isa, he had to leave something behind. Picking up a limp person disturbs fiber, hairs, and skin cells to drop.

How did the perp know where this child slept? Curtains drawn, lights out. How did he know Sergio wouldn't catch him. Sergio fell asleep in front of the tv. I think we have another extremely lucky perp who knew which window to climb in and knew no one would wake up.

This is a very brazen perp. I would imagine the dog in the house would have alerted if not the two outside ones. So if this occured @ 6:30am, why didn't sergio or rebecca notice? Why didn't Sergio get awakend by the dogs? Why didn't Rebecca hear them?

This also means the perp may have parked in the driveway. Not to do so, would make his walk further. One last important event. He had to have spent some time around the place because LE stated he did an adequate job covering his tracks.

Unfortunately too many times we've seen perps go in and out without leaving a trace, perhaps that one skin cell was not discovered. But do they even have grass in their yard or is it all dirt, if all dirt there should be some footprints right?

Most of those gates can be opened from the inside with a latch, but not from the outside. It's not a lock exactly. He could have climbed over the wall, entered through the window but exited through the gate.

I think this is quite possible. So was there a car waiting or did the perp live close enough to walk? Im gonna guess a car, but IDK? That means the perp took a chance of the car being seen in the road running with noone in it for however long it took to kidnap, unless there were 2 perps, but still risky.

I'm not an advocate of polys for lots of reasons... but I have to believe that at least one, if not both, parents may have failed. It is certainly possible that based on that in conjunction with other possible "issues" local LE is looking in that direction.

I also have to believe that there is more to this case than meets the eye. Whether it will be revealed on a chunk of drywall, a phone tap, as-yet-un-released videotape or intelligence report. Someone removed Isabel from her home. Someone somewhere knows. We're leaving her fate to LE and their skills or perhaps the length of their arms.

I agree. However, what's the alternative? What can members of the public do?

So we are now in the 5th week? I don't understand Isa's mother staying out of the press. I would be all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow