Baez has subpoened Casey's myspace records

and how would these records, if given, work their way into a doc dump so we could paw through them like curious little monkeys?

so sad that this is the first thing i thought.

Don't feel bad. I thought of the same thing. :)

and how would these records, if given, work their way into a doc dump so we could paw through them like curious little monkeys?

i'm a little ashamed that it's the first thing i thought too, SL
blushing.gif

I think it just an old thread that got bumped back up to the top because a poster was wondering if any of these subpoenaed records have been made public yet.
:bang: OOOPS my bad silly wabbit I am!!

If I was her, I'd be asking for copies of every motion he files.

In the case of Nilton Diaz he didn't give copies of any papers to the Diaz family ( they were paying the fees). They had no idea what he was filing. After I met them I told them to ask for copies and he told them it would cost $1.00 a page.

I've never heard of an attorney charging their client for copies of motions or any correspondence, for that matter.

Attorney's regularly charge their clients for EVERYTHING-including copies of documents, cd's, etc unless they state up front that copies of all documents are part of the deal...then they aren't.

It's really going to muddy the waters since apparently Cindy had Casey's online password and wasn't afraid to use it to access her accounts, and even sent emails under Casey's name. It'll raise questions about which one of them really posted/sent what.

IF this little story had even a GRAIN of truth to it. I have ZERO confidence in Annie and less than ZERO in Casey and Cindy to be honest about anything. They are busily thinking up ways TO muddy the waters and this little tale could be just another of their tactics. NOBODY just gives out their passwords like that, especially a young person to their parent. It may have been that Casey left herself signed in or something. I am confident that she changed those passwords that she relayed to her parents/Lee as soon as she got the opportunity.

I was thinking the exact same thing.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Exactly I am also hoping to see everything she posted on face book and myspace when she was out on bail and supposedly working on her case in Baez's office.:):)

This subpoena is old ... so I assume that it was to verify Casey's claims of innocence and possibly to find any communication that Casey claimed to have had with ZFG, JL or JMH. It is interesting that the findings have not been, released in discovery documents. Although, I haven't really seen much from the defense to the prosecution. I think that we had one small document dump several months ago from Baez's office. I wonder if they have not turned over their findings to the State ... Maybe we will see a motion to compel soon ... ha ha JB it works both ways ya know!

wait a sec... Baez actually supeona'd something that might involve actual evidence in the case?

I'm speechless.

Thanks for that info

so there is no way to know if MySpace and/or Facebook complied with the request, is there?

My confusion with this subpoena is because I would think it would open a can of worms for the defense......I just don't see the hurry, at that time, for them to have this info

Besides, they would have gotten the records in discovery anyway so why the hurry a week after she's arrested in July?

The more I read about what Baez does and more I listen to him, the more I think he's in way over his head....in my opinion.

Of course, I could be wrong...but I don't think so.

I can't speak for Facebook or Myspace specifically. But pretty much all large internet providers and ISP's have a fairly firm rule that they will not release any such information without either a very very specific LE request or a judges signature. Just because it is on a lawyers letterhead and he sounds legal and threatening will get you nothing from any of them. The stuff he is looking for contains information that could be used for nefarious purposes or to break the privacy and annonymity of users to the site. No way no how would they give that up to some Joe on the street lawyer without a Judge signing off on it, ever.

Personally, I think KC wants them so she dig up some penpals. I mean really.........isn't this Baez hanging himself???

Wonder if he asked the web sites directly for the info first. Seems like he should be able to do so, with Casey there to sign off on the request.

Or is this another situation were he is to lazy to do it.

Wonder if he asked the web sites directly for the info first. Seems like he should be able to do so, with Casey there to sign off on the request.

Or is this another situation were he is to lazy to do it.

If it is anything that would compromise the sites individual privacy agreements with the other members who posted on KC's page, then no they most certainly would not provide it. At least not without a judges signature.

Facebook and Myspace are not open fully public web sites. To post there you have to be a member, and be a party to their privacy agreements. So everyone that posted on KC's pages has an individual privacy agreement with the host.

The best KC may be able to request, would be a copy of anything she has deleted from her pages. As long as it does not include personal user information of other users, such as IP adresses etc.

If it is anything that would compromise the sites individual privacy agreements with the other members who posted on KC's page, then no they most certainly would not provide it. At least not without a judges signature.

Facebook and Myspace are not open fully public web sites. To post there you have to be a member, and be a party to their privacy agreements. So everyone that posted on KC's pages has an individual privacy agreement with the host.

The best KC may be able to request, would be a copy of anything she has deleted from her pages. As long as it does not include personal user information of other users, such as IP adresses etc.

Since it has been brought up that the IP stuff, etc.. can be known by myspace, that it brings up a privacey issue. But if what is requested is the pictures, posts, etc.. stuff that was put on-line and made public by casey and friends, then they themselves made it public. It sounds like he is requesting what was deleted, so he can see what the page looked like before.

That is different then wanting to know ip addresses of posters.

That might come into play when trying to figure out a time line and a location of posting. IP addresses might show where and when she was at certain locations, using other persons computers, etc. If that is what he is doing, then he would need such a request.

But then again, does he even know what he is asking for? Which leads, does he have a direction with this request? He tends to paint broad strokes, then complain because he gets to much info.. and folks should have known what he was asking for....

Attorney's regularly charge their clients for EVERYTHING-including copies of documents, cd's, etc unless they state up front that copies of all documents are part of the deal...then they aren't.

IF this little story had even a GRAIN of truth to it. I have ZERO confidence in Annie and less than ZERO in Casey and Cindy to be honest about anything. They are busily thinking up ways TO muddy the waters and this little tale could be just another of their tactics. NOBODY just gives out their passwords like that, especially a young person to their parent. It may have been that Casey left herself signed in or something. I am confident that she changed those passwords that she relayed to her parents/Lee as soon as she got the opportunity.

Didn't Casey give her parents her "Timer55" password?

I think it is because KC told Jose that there was definitely messages from ZFG on Myspace or facebook but that someone deleted them.

Won't Jose be surprised?

No, he knows this story is nonsense.

In my state it is...........I don't know about Florida. It is filed with the court, then the judge signs off on it if they believe it appropriate.

Same here Turbo. At the VERY least, the Court Clerk signs it.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/27/lee_anthony_deposed_in_zenaida_defamation_lawsuit.html

This story regarding the lawsuit includes the discussion of the latest motions by the defense to suppress photos of Casey that will be coming out.

Are these the "bad" photos that everyone has been waiting for? Are they associated with Casey's myspace account???

So confused....

I originally thought Baez was trying to keep the video of Casey learning that Caylee's body had been found from being released, but it sure does sound like it could be the 'bad' pictures that he's attempting to suppress:

"A new hearing date has been set for two motions filed by Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez.

One of the motions is asking a judge to stop the release of personal images of Casey's that were put on the Photobucket Web site.

Baez argues that the images were taken a year before Caylee disappeared and have no connection to the case.

In addition, Baez said the pictures will only embarrass Casey and may paint her in a negative light."

I originally thought Baez was trying to keep the video of Casey learning that Caylee's body had been found from being released, but it sure does sound like it could be the 'bad' pictures that he's attempting to suppress:

"A new hearing date has been set for two motions filed by Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez.

One of the motions is asking a judge to stop the release of personal images of Casey's that were put on the Photobucket Web site.

Baez argues that the images were taken a year before Caylee disappeared and have no connection to the case.

In addition, Baez said the pictures will only embarrass Casey and may paint her in a negative light."

This will be the result, Chilly. But KC is responsible for this. I'm sure the accused would do many things differently if she could...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back