Belize - Faye Lin Cannon, 13, brutally slain, San Pedro, 3 July 2017 *American parents arrested*

Thank you for posting this angiebubs.
Here is the link to San Pedro Sun's FB page where they posted the statement:

https://www.facebook.com/SanPedroSu...wqYzurjicHKCggLbYiPp8FfaRtqs81cDzBvwo&fref=nf

(I kind of wish he didn't name all of his daughters in that public forum. They are victims and they deserve some privacy. JMO.

Interesting comments by neighbor CHB in Hawaii about who ran the family. Rumor, of course, but worth noting. She certainly is making sure her opinion is heard.

I'm so tired of the criminals getting the break and the victims getting nothing.

STATEMENT FROM FAYE LIN CANNON'S FATHER:
My name is Dave Cannon, I am the adoptive father of Zoe Lin Cannon, Mia Lin Cannon, Faye Lin Cannon and Siri Lin Cannon. I would like to thank the citizens of San Pedro Town for your heartfelt condolences and your support for my daughters and me during these difficult times. I know that San Pedranos are dedicated to knowing the TRUTH about what happened to my daughters, and dedicated to justice for Faye Lin Cannon. I know that many people witnessed how my daughters were treated over the last five years that they lived here in San Pedro Town. I am asking everyone who witnessed, first hand, how my daughters were treated to please go to the San Pedro Police Department and make a sworn statement to one of the Criminal Investigations Bureau Officer, so that the TRUTH WILL COME OUT!
This is the very best way for San Pedranos to help achieve Justice for Faye Lin Cannon!
Please keep my daughters and me in your prayers!
Thank you,
Dave Cannon

I'm sooo happy to read this.

From what I have gathered in reading, she took them to Belize without his permission. In order to ensure he would be able to see the girls, he went along with whatever she tossed him/allowed for visitation. Going down there next week-will be interesting to hear locals input

In somewhat related news. There is hope yet, imo. rbbm
Aug 14 2017
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/young-...ther-three-years-ago-back-in-canada-1.3545051
Young boy allegedly abducted by mother three years ago back in Canada
Last week, police said the boy's 33-year-old mother had been arrested in Belize. Police had been searching for the woman since her former husband reported that she had fled the country with their 11-month-old son.

Lethbridge police received a tip from Belize authorities in July and managed to find the pair in the town of San Ignacio.
Sgt. Cam Van Roon, primary investigator on the case, said it was a huge challenge navigating foreign bureaucracy despite co-operation from international agencies

http://lethbridgeherald.com/news/le...e-arrest-woman-kidnapped-son-run-three-years/
Within hours of receiving the new information, Belize Police located the mother and child, now four, in the town of San Ignacio in the Cayo District. The pair were safely taken into police custody and transported to Belmopan, the Belize capital. The woman was ultimately jailed and fined for failing to produce valid immigration documents and the boy was placed in the care of Belize Human Services.

“We greatly appreciate the assistance provided by the Belize National Police Department and all the other agencies who have been involved the past three years – the RCMP, Interpol, National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains, Department of Justice, the Missing Children Society of Canada, National Centre for Missing Children, Canadian Centre for Child Protection, Global Affairs Canada, multiple Canadian Consulates, Alberta Solicitor General’s Office and Canada Borders Services Agency

Wow! That is fantastic news. Hopefully he doesn't stay with child services long and he can be reunited with his dad asap

So I'm in San an Pedro and guess who is staying at my hotel? David Cannon! Locals mentioned it and pointed him out this morning. Haven't seen him at the bar in the evenings (just breakfast in the morning) and sure don't feel right approaching him. I hope he can find justice, get his girls and go home to start the healing!

So I'm in San an Pedro and guess who is staying at my hotel? David Cannon! Locals mentioned it and pointed him out this morning. Haven't seen him at the bar in the evenings (just breakfast in the morning) and sure don't feel right approaching him. I hope he can find justice, get his girls and go home to start the healing!

Well at least we know he's still there fighting for his girls. Thanks for updating us. :)

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/151694
Aug 24, 2017 [h=2]Doehm Couple Handed Partial Disclosure in Faye Lin Cannon Cruelty Case[/h]
Despite objections from the Crown, the pair is out on bail and has relocated to a residence in the south side of Belize City. They were granted partial disclosure of the evidence against them and are expected to receive the rest at their next court date.

The Doehms are scheduled to be back in court on September twentieth, with the preliminary inquiry tentatively scheduled for October fifth. While out on bail they are not allowed to leave Belize or have any contact with prosecution witnesses. The couple’s three other children, all girls, remain under the care of the Department of Human Services while their natural father David Cannon continues to seek custody of them.

I wonder if David has gained custody of his girls yet. I hope they are doing as well as can be. :(

I have not been hanging around WS for a month or so. I needed a break.
I was discouraged to so no progress on this case. These young girls (the "lucky" survivors) have had their lives turned upside down. If only they could move forward.

And, of course, my thoughts turn to Faye Lin, who suffered so unnecessarily. <Sigh>

I really hope the forensic results come through to support the charges and to convict them for murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90
Back