Belize - Faye Lin Cannon, 13, brutally slain, San Pedro, 3 July 2017 *American parents arrested*

Nor did I - wow! I'm having a hard time understanding why the current charges - cruelty to a child - would drive him to suicide. Neither he nor Anke have been charged with murder as the courts are awaiting the results of the forensic investigation.

Here is an exerpt from his three page suicide note:

http://lovefm.com/2017/10/06/davids-suicide-note/

IMO it makes no sense that Doehm would kill himself over allegations that would have to be proven in court - unless they were true. I don't buy the "government witch hunt." IMO he did sexually abuse Faye Lin and he knew he was found out. An innocent man doesn't decide to kill himself, he stays and fights for the truth. Sorry, but I think he was guilty of the charges and couldn't face the love of his life - Anke.

Even the guilty usually stick around and fight for their freedom!
What a coward.

Even the guilty usually stick around and fight for their freedom!
What a coward.

I agree, but never underestimate the power of shame around loss of status for people of his socio-economic bracket. For example, most people I know would rather die by assisted suicide than experience the loss of self-regard and control that comes with aging.

Anke seems so bewildered, I wonder if she was utterly dependent on him to make life perfect for her. In her facebook back in April published this quote: "Life is falling apart to create new room for what you truly desire. Trust what's happening. The dawn will break." Wonder if she's repeating that to herself now.

He was a coward. JMO.
He was totally focused on his own life, and seeking rewards (including SA of some of his daughters??) and recognition for his superior intellect and status. (this latter phrase is simply my guess as to how he saw himself.) I think he was a narcissist. They don't handle humiliation very well.

Narcissists control and manipulate. They don't work well with others. (Perhaps that explains his job changes.) They can't handle criticism since they believe they are better than the rest of us.

All JMO.

Not buying that either, and I'm really starting to wonder what CHB's agenda is. Attention? Not trying to stick up for the Doehms, but something about CHB rubs me wrong.

I'm with you. I find that woman a bit strange. I would take any of her comments with a large grain of salt.

Having said that, it would be interesting to know what she saw. I'm just not sure how I could judge the veracity of her statements though.

So frustrating.

Not buying that either, and I'm really starting to wonder what CHB's agenda is. Attention? Not trying to stick up for the Doehms, but something about CHB rubs me wrong.

I think she just can't be objective, and yet tries to write as though she is. She needs to just stick to saying how much she hated them, and why, and not try to play the role of a reporter.

Check out the recent comment by CHB, their former neighbor in Hawaii who keeps popping up. She has some damning things to say about Anke and an interesting theory about David’s suicide that I don’t buy.

https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2017/10/05/david-doehm-commit-suicide/

I don't buy it either Lilibet. And I don't believe Anke was some looming, controlling partner but I do think (IMO) that at least part of Doehm's decision to end his life had to do with not wanting Anke to see what he had done to her daughter - and maybe even daughters. Again, to me anyway it's an admission on his part that he had abused Faye Lin. IOW he saw the writing on the wall.

I'd never heard of death by asphyxiation of nitrogen until I Googled it yesterday. He must have done research on relatively painless ways to die. The question still hovering in the air is why would he do such a thing when the charge against him was... I won't say minimal but certainly not as serious as charges of murder or sexual abuse, which the prosecution must provide compelling evidence to substantiate.

And now we're left with Anke's part in Faye Lin's death. Like others have posited, will she take advantage of David's death to portray herself as an innocent victim? How will she explain not seeking medical help for Faye Lin? Did Faye Lin even have mental illness as Anke claimed? Was there a professional diagnosis?

Argh. David Doehm selfishly removed himself from having to defend himself of the charge and may have caused the true story of what really happened to poor Faye Lin to remain untold.

Wow.
I'm not sure what to think here.
I can understand killing yourself if you were guilty and you knew you'd be convicted.
I can understand killing yourself if you were guilty and you knew the mother would kill you.

I can understand killing yourself if you are convicted of a horrific crime and are actually innocent.
I can't imagine killing yourself while innocent, before fighting to defend yourself first.

I do have some family that have been in this situation... so I have some idea of what they go through.
Though, there are certainly some people who are different and wouldn't risk a false conviction.

I just hope that the truth does come out.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he timed it for the day Anke was in court trying, I assume, to prevent her daughters from being moved back to Hawaii. The timing indicates to me that he knew she would never get custody of her other daughters as long as he was around. But that doesn't mean that was the motive for suicide, just for the timing, and I'm sure it was entirely his decision.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he timed it for the day Anke was in court trying, I assume, to prevent her daughters from being moved back to Hawaii. The timing indicates to me that he knew she would never get custody of her other daughters as long as he was around. But that doesn't mean that was the motive for suicide, just for the timing, and I'm sure it was entirely his decision.

I find it extremely odd and suspicious that AD was in court alone fighting for custody of the girls that day. Wouldn't that in itself be a red flag to the authorities? She was married to and living with DD, both were charged with the same offense with regard to the death of Faye Lin, so you'd think his presence would be required in any custody matters? Why would she be okay with her husband NOT attending the court date?

I really don't know what to make of this whole thing. I don't understand why there is an ongoing custody issue of three American citizens when their American father, who has been financially supporting them all along, is there and apparently ready, willing and able to take them home? If AD wants to fight for custody again back in the US, she can do that once her charges in Belize are settled. And if she was any kind of a parent, she would have allowed the children's father to take custody of them as soon as the charges were laid against her and her husband. It's very selfish of her to be fighting to keep them in Belize when her future there is so uncertain. Unless she has some reason to believe that they would be no better off with their father. Surely the oldest daughter can shed some truth on the situation? Is it possible that the girls actually want to stay with her?

No matter what DD may have done to one or more of the girls, and his suicide does seem to imply that he did something, AD does not appear to ever have had their best interests at heart. They certainly have been quite a source of income for her if nothing else. Doesn't appear as though any of them have had much of a life so far. What kind of life are they living now? Are they in school? Receiving any kind of counseling?

MOO

I think if the parents can't agree on custody, they have to each present their case to the judge, who must consider the child's emotional attachment to her mother, whom they have always lived with, and who they wouldn't see again as long as she's confined to Belize (unless they're flown in for visits).

Perhaps she was asking, for eg, that they spend time in Belize so she can see them regularly, not necessarily proposing they live with her full time.

I find it extremely odd and suspicious that AD was in court alone fighting for custody of the girls that day. Wouldn't that in itself be a red flag to the authorities? She was married to and living with DD, both were charged with the same offense with regard to the death of Faye Lin, so you'd think his presence would be required in any custody matters? Why would she be okay with her husband NOT attending the court date?

I really don't know what to make of this whole thing. I don't understand why there is an ongoing custody issue of three American citizens when their American father, who has been financially supporting them all along, is there and apparently ready, willing and able to take them home? If AD wants to fight for custody again back in the US, she can do that once her charges in Belize are settled. And if she was any kind of a parent, she would have allowed the children's father to take custody of them as soon as the charges were laid against her and her husband. It's very selfish of her to be fighting to keep them in Belize when her future there is so uncertain. Unless she has some reason to believe that they would be no better off with their father. Surely the oldest daughter can shed some truth on the situation? Is it possible that the girls actually want to stay with her?

No matter what DD may have done to one or more of the girls, and his suicide does seem to imply that he did something, AD does not appear to ever have had their best interests at heart. They certainly have been quite a source of income for her if nothing else. Doesn't appear as though any of them have had much of a life so far. What kind of life are they living now? Are they in school? Receiving any kind of counseling?

MOO

I think anke is just as selfish as david regarding their own needs being more important than the kids. When you look on her FB its all about her and how fit and amazing she thinks she looks. I think they are both narsasistic. He has took the cowards way out and she won't want to lose the money the kids bring to the table. IMO.

I think anke is just as selfish as david regarding their own needs being more important than the kids. When you look on her FB its all about her and how fit and amazing she thinks she looks. I think they are both narsasistic. He has took the cowards way out and she won't want to lose the money the kids bring to the table. IMO.

Spot on. Good post!

This article mostly summarizes what has been already reported, but at the end it explains about the custody hearing on Oct 5. https://www.sanpedrosun.com/police-news/2017/10/11/david-doehms-death-ruled-suicide/

David Cannon has been in Belize since the news broke of her death. He has been trying to obtain custody of the other three girls, but as it stands, Anke has custody of them. On Thursday, October 5th, the Department of Human Services was at the Family Court seeking further protective care of the girls. The Department can only keep the girls for an estimated period of time before returning them back to the parents, but given the fact that the case is far from concluded, the Family Court granted the Department further protective care until further notice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back