Benjaman Kyle - Those who still need investigation - WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe09 said: Yup, that is the theory around his cataracts-however if you go to the way backs of the threads, lol, you will see active discussions regarding if this was indeed possible.

So-here we are again-is it possible for the cataracts to have formed strictly during the time of his injury and rescue or were they forming prior to his injury....Why do I continue to discuss it? I think it is one of the tools to use to find out who he is.
I can almost assure there have been no studies on any human lost at sea for an extended period of time who also laid with his eyes opened in the sunlight. There is no way to know for certain what caused the cataracts, imo. I don't think we can use standard medical reasoning for this issue. I don't know that it really is that important since it cannot be proven one way or the other what caused the cataracts.

Bloating doesn't just come from medication and there could be a discrepancy with either man's weight at the time.

Thank you, MC-NB said in conversation yesterday that he was 252 lbs when found and has told me in the past that he lost some weight since being found...he is currently in the 240's if I read my notes correctly.

Steve Dewey went missing from the Caymans on August 4th 2004 and was at last report 185lbs, I think if I am reading all of the posts right. Sorry to be stuck on this point, but how do you go from 185 to 240's-252 in three weeks if there is no bloating because of medication etc??? JMO.

I totally agree, but also I know that people don't always report their correct weight for DL. My license shows my weight from 25 years ago because each time I get it renewed, they just transfer the weight from the previous license. They have never once actually weighed me.

I can almost assure there have been no studies on any human lost at sea for an extended period of time who also laid with his eyes opened in the sunlight. There is no way to know for certain what caused the cataracts, imo. I don't think we can use standard medical reasoning for this issue. I don't know that it really is that important since it cannot be proven one way or the other what caused the cataracts.

Bloating doesn't just come from medication.

:waitasec:

Ok- Let me change my question-what would cause a human beings weight to change from approx 185 to EITHER 240 or 252 depending on the resource you believe?

I totally agree, but also I know that people don't always report their correct weight for DL. My license shows my weight from 25 years ago because each time I get it renewed, they just transfer the weight from the previous license. They have never once actually weighed me.

Ah ha-so Steve's data may be incorrect on all of the reports about him.

Does Steve Dewey's family think BK is Steve?

The resemblance is still uncanny, imo.

Having been written off as missing at sea, deceased without proof, or otherwise having the family given up on finding him is a possible explanation why no one has come forward to claim him. We can't overlook this either.

The resemblance is still uncanny, imo.

Having been written off as missing at sea, deceased without proof, or otherwise having the family given up on finding him is a possible explanation why no one has come forward to claim him. We can't overlook this either.

Do you think he is Steve Dewey?

Ah ha-so Steve's data may be incorrect on all of the reports about him.

Does Steve Dewey's family think BK is Steve?
How would you feel if someone contacted you off the internet to say your father may be alive after being declared dead? Would you seriously entertain the idea? Or would you be like most people and chalk it up to crazy talk? I would find it ridiculous and walk away to prevent being duped.

I had no contact with his family. However, wouldn't testing be the only way to insure it isn't him since they never found him?

How would you feel if someone contacted you off the internet to say your father may be alive after being declared dead? Would you seriously entertain the idea? Or would you be like most people and chalk it up to crazy talk? I would find it ridiculous and walk away to prevent being duped.

I had no contact with his family. However, wouldn't testing be the only way to insure it isn't him since they never found him?

:confused:

Macon has had contact with the family-do they think he is Steve? I mean this has been kicking around for a long time-I don't think he is Steve, but run with what you think!!!

As far as contacting family regarding missing persons, I never think that is a good idea. Ever. I am a fan of working with LE and letting them decide. There is LE contact information for Steve, IIRC and there is clearly contact information for BK. If you go back on the threads ruling people in and out you will see that this is what we did-we discussed differences that we saw and if you felt strongly about a possible match you checked with LE to see what they thought or if they had hold back information in the file like a tattoo, deafness, club foot and the like.

Wow! I guess we aren't off on the uncanny resemblance thing then, are we?! If the family had to question it so much, I think testing is the only way to conclusively rule him out.

I am fairly new to searching out Benjamin and when I looked at Steve Dewey's picture to Benjamin's, no close match in my eyes.

Did you carefully look at the second photo, Patty? Also the one Dimples did of the layover?

I have noticed that people who have experienced extreme situations like car accidents and beatings and other horrific things don't always look quite like they did previous to their injuries. Also, a change in the voice could possibly be caused by damage to the vocal chords. Though I think Patty is right and that it's not a perfect match I do believe they should match dna to be conclusive one way or another.

I have noticed that people who have experienced extreme situations like car accidents and beatings and other horrific things don't always look quite like they did previous to their injuries. Also, a change in the voice could possibly be caused by damage to the vocal chords. Though I think Patty is right and that it's not a perfect match I do believe they should match dna to be conclusive one way or another.

I understand what you all are saying, but if the family does not think it is a match then :confused:

I understand what you all are saying, but if the family does not think it is a match then :confused:

The fact that they had to think about it and some said yes and some said no tells me that there might be a chance. Just wishfull thinking on my part I guess.:crazy:

I think you are missing the point. If the family had to contemplate so much on it then it should have been taken a step further with additional information given on both sides and LE notified as to it being a possibility. Just because limited information was available at the time to give to the family, Steve was not given a real chance to be ruled in or out as BK. No offense to Benjaman, but we can't really rely on him saying it is not him and we can't rely on the family looking at a few photos of a man having gone through what BK has to compare.

Again, the only way to do this is through LE and testing. LE has BK's DNA and this should be done through them to give both BK and Steve's family the opportunity to be certain one way or the other. To say it isn't him only from looking at the few photos we had and little information isn't fair to anyone, imo. It is serious for them as their loved one has been presumed to be dead which creates other issues. They may be quite afraid to entertain that he could still be alive.

I think you are missing the point. If the family had to contemplate so much on it then it should have been taken a step further with additional information given on both sides and LE notified as to it being a possibility. Just because limited information was available at the time to give to the family, Steve was not given a real chance to be ruled in or out as BK. No offense to Benjaman, but we can't really rely on him saying it is not him and we can't rely on the family looking at a few photos of a man having gone through what BK has to compare.

Again, the only way to do this is through LE and testing. LE has BK's DNA and this should be done through them to give both BK and Steve's family the opportunity to be certain one way or the other. To say it isn't him only from looking at the few photos we had and little information isn't fair to anyone, imo. It is serious for them as their loved one has been presumed to be dead which creates other issues. They may be quite afraid to entertain that he could still be alive.

OH-hold up-I think I have been very patient all day with this-in YOUR opinion the family was waffling...if they thought it was a real possibility do you honestly believe they would have left any stone unturned? Would you? And if you chose not to pursue it as a family, would you like to be forced into ruling it out because a bunch of strangers over the internet think that you should?

Read your own words, SS, it is serious for THEM.

Peace.

If they were contacting me from Websleuths, I would ABSOLUTELY entertain the idea. Not only would I entertain it, I would want to know each and every word they had to say. No way would I walk away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107