Best book?

I want to know what Brent knows. Still slogging through chapter 4 but already I'm curious as to what this man knows....and when JR dies I wonder if he'll talk. He's mentioned so much on this forum and I truely wish he would talk.

If you mean Burke Line forms to the rear several times around the world for those who want private time with Burke.

If you mean Burke Line forms to the rear several times around the world for those who want private time with Burke.

coloradokares,
Yes, Burke knows where the skeletons are buried. He knows that JonBenet walked into the ramsey house on returning from the White's, he will know if she snacked pineapple, he will know if his fathers version of events is true, or was he told to say he spent some quality time with him, he will know if Patsy laid out the pineapple for JonBenet, along with her favorite milk, knowing she ate little at the White's?

He knows so much he can never appear on the media, not unless he wants to incriminate himself with a million-dollar Who Did It expose, possibly long after his father is gone, which is a possibility since he may fail to gain a degree or fail in business, having his mothers nature rather than his fathers makes it likely, and will have no immediate family left, father, mother, sister dead, sounds like a greek tragedy?

DOH! Yes I meant Burke....don't know where I got Brent from...pregnancy brain I guess.

I hope he will talk some day....sometimes the passage of time turns into a burden of memories for some people.

coloradokares,
Yes, Burke knows where the skeletons are buried. He knows that JonBenet walked into the ramsey house on returning from the White's, he will know if she snacked pineapple, he will know if his fathers version of events is true, or was he told to say he spent some quality time with him, he will know if Patsy laid out the pineapple for JonBenet, along with her favorite milk, knowing she ate little at the White's?

He knows so much he can never appear on the media, not unless he wants to incriminate himself with a million-dollar Who Did It expose, possibly long after his father is gone, which is a possibility since he may fail to gain a degree or fail in business, having his mothers nature rather than his fathers makes it likely, and will have no immediate family left, father, mother, sister dead, sounds like a greek tragedy?[/quotte

This was a tragedy in the making long before JonBenet was even born. Thats at least another 3 paragraphs if I limit it to just the Paughs

DOH! Yes I meant Burke....don't know where I got Brent from...pregnancy brain I guess.

I hope he will talk some day....sometimes the passage of time turns into a burden of memories for some people.

I think the burden of memories would have been the impetus to talk by now if it was ever going to. Here is the two scenarios I see as possibly getting the truth. #1 - Office of special prosecutor with or without a new DA. Sweat it out of them. #2- A Total mental health breakdown - Burke. I think #1 should have been a reality a very long time ago. #2 Its like waiting for the apocalypse.

I don't think he'll talk. But even if he did, he wouldn't be incriminating himself, as he was under 10 when this happened. He wouldn't be charged with anything for keeping the secrets, heck, he can't be charged even if he WAS the killer.

First read PMPT - then read Steve's - and then read the one the Ramseys somehow put together without laughing......

Steve's is the Number One for just the facts!

Without a doubt, Steve Thomas' book is the best.

Thomas is honest. This guy gave up his life long LE career to tell the truth about the case.

All of Thomas' book can be backed up by facts.

Ok, I am biased...but it's TRUE.

PMPT does have misinformation.

Without a doubt, Steve Thomas' book is the best.

Thomas is honest. This guy gave up his life long LE career to tell the truth about the case.

All of Thomas' book can be backed up by facts.

Ok, I am biased...but it's TRUE.

PMPT does have misinformation.

This is the truth.:clap:

True. PMPT does have some misinformation. It is ST's book that doesn't pull any punches. He may not be telling everything he knows, but what he says, he means.

Quite enjoying ST's book but it's taking more of a toll on me then I thought it would. I'm going to finish it, it's very addicting, but I don't think I will get through PMPT after all-- my mood has really changed since starting this book....I don't think I could get through another one. ST is really showing the world why this case never had a chance...truely just never had a chance. I want to hope a major overhaul of the Boulder PD has happened over the years, but part of me truely doubts it.

Now I've always heard that ST's book came out before some of the details were found out, and that PMPT was the best source. What kind of misinformation does it have? :confused:

I cannot fully speak, as I haven't and likely won't read PMPT, but it was published a year after the murder, then re-printed in 1999. ST's book came out in 2000. Some details were likely not in his book but his would likely have more info than PMPT.

I cannot fully speak, as I haven't and likely won't read PMPT, but it was published a year after the murder, then re-printed in 1999. ST's book came out in 2000. Some details were likely not in his book but his would likely have more info than PMPT.

Oh, you know what? I think it was that he was off the investigation before a lot of information came out.

I'm not knocking ST's book by any means. I'm just trying to clear up confusion on my part. I'd be truly interested in knowing what misinformation is in PMPT, if anyone cares to let me know.

I need to get my copy out and look through it. Don't know where it is.

It seems there was some Fleet White mis-info and several other things that were glaring.

Sorry to be so vague but I need to find my book.

Schiller is in it to make a buck. If any of you saw the Court TV Jonbenet special he produced you would know what I mean.

I'll see if I can dig up my email to Schiller where I gave him what-for about his lies in his special.

thx...I always thought Schiller seemed a bit more than someone who's just being flaky.

I admit I gave up...sent both books back. ST's book is AMAZING but I finally got to the point where emotionally I couldn't take it anymore....the mess-ups were just kept coming and coming and my stomach kept churning and churning (and it wasn't only the Chinese food I had earlier that was making it do that!:crazy: ) I just couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps sometime down the road when I'm not so emotional I will finish it...in fact, I know I will. Until then, I'm lurking around here to learn more.

I need to get my copy out and look through it. Don't know where it is.

It seems there was some Fleet White mis-info and several other things that were glaring.

Sorry to be so vague but I need to find my book.

Schiller is in it to make a buck. If any of you saw the Court TV Jonbenet special he produced you would know what I mean.

I'll see if I can dig up my email to Schiller where I gave him what-for about his lies in his special.

That would be cool, if you have time, Tricia. :blowkiss:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/02261999NEWS-WhitesCallBookLies.txt

Whites call book pack of lies

Former Ramsey "suspect" says factual corrections never made

By Matt Sebastian
Camera Staff Writer
----------

A pair of key witnesses and a onetime suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey murder investigation are openly criticizing a new book on the 2-year-old slaying, saying the work is peppered with inaccuracies.

Fleet and Priscilla White, in a rare public statement, delivered a letter to the Daily Camera on Thursday, calling author Lawrence Schiller's book "a disorderly amalgam of police evidence, facts, lies and gossip."

"Not surprisingly, very little in the book regarding our family and our role in the investigation is true," wrote the Whites, who say they repeatedly refused interview requests from Schiller.

The Boulder oilman and his wife, who were in the Ramseys' Boulder home the day JonBenét's body was found, also declined to be interviewed for this story. Their letter appears in today's Open Forum.

Jeff Merrick, reportedly labeled a possible suspect by his former employer John Ramsey, also refused to be interviewed for "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town: JonBenét and the City of Boulder," which hit bookstores last week.

"Unfortunately it wasn't accurate at all," Merrick said of Schiller's account of his role in the Ramsey case.

Although he didn't consent to an interview with the author, Merrick said he was asked to verify passages about himself.

"I corrected it — all of it — and they didn't use any of my corrections," Merrick said, pointing out one 12-sentence section he says contains 17 factual errors.

Schiller's book, Merrick said Thursday, "makes me sound like I was more of a suspect than I ever was."

"I think Larry Schiller had a little story he wanted to tell, and he juiced it up a bit," Merrick said.

Boulder County Commissioner Paul Danish and Pam Griffin, JonBenét's dressmaker, also have claimed Schiller inaccurately used a small portion of the information they provided the author.

Schiller couldn't be reached for comment Thursday, although he did discuss inaccuracies during a brief interview with the Camera on Tuesday.

"There's been kind of a positive response from both sides of the fence," Schiller said.

The "biggest error," according to Schiller, came in a passage about a check Patsy Ramsey supposedly wrote to housekeeper Linda Hoffmann-Pugh before the killing. JonBenét's mother didn't write the check, Schiller now says, but intended to.

"The book represents the spirit of what went on," Schiller said.

Six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey's beaten and strangled body was found in the basement of the family's Boulder home Dec. 26, 1996, about eight hours after the discovery of the ransom note.

Although they maintain their innocence, John and Patsy Ramsey remain under suspicion in their daughter's death. Boulder County's grand jury is currently hearing evidence in the unsolved slaying."

I think Cyril Wecht's book was the best one I read on the murder itself and Steve Thomas' was the best on the investigation.

The "biggest error," according to Schiller, came in a passage about a check Patsy Ramsey supposedly wrote to housekeeper Linda Hoffmann-Pugh before the killing. JonBenét's mother didn't write the check, Schiller now says, but intended to.

OH <insert a million rolling eyes here>.BIGGEST ERROR???If Patsy had intended to write the darn check,she would have done so the night before,but it appears she got a 'bit sidetracked' then,to put it mildly.
Even so,if she'd cared anything at all about LHP,she still could have written the check,instead of trying to say LHP 'wrote the RN' and then trying to make a suspect out of her and her family.

"The book represents the spirit of what went on," Schiller said.
hardly,and on that note,Patsy sure had some spirit,didn't she?? wow,that just shows what a kiss-up Schiller was being to the R's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto
Back