Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking children out of the country when you are in the midst of seperation/divorce can be a very, very bad thing to do in the eyes of the courts. MOO

Again, not with consent from the other parent. He was fine with her taking them. Fleeing without them knowing is a different story, even to another state.

I don't know the travel guidelines now, but in '08, a US citizen under 18 only needed a birth certificate as ID to travel from US to Canada.

You are the first ever to suggest she was cut off from providing for her kids. Have you heard any testimony to support that?

Again, from my OP, why didn't she go and deal with the separation terms after the fact?

Well, I know that in the 1990's when my son was playing competitive hockey we often traveled to Canada. Kids under 18 traveling with one parent needed a signed, notarized affadavit from the other parent saying the travel was "approved" before the child and parent were allowed to enter Canada.

Borrowing an expression....just saying...

I need another clarification. If Nancy was on holiday with her parents the week before and wasn't at home on the Friday allowance day - she returned on a Sunday evening, correct? Did she not get the allowance the Friday she was out of town - and then because she made the $240 painting the week she got back home Brad informed her she would not receive the allowance again the coming up Friday? So would that have been two weeks in a row that Nancy would not have received the allowance for groceries, etc.?

Thanks in advance for helping me sort out this part of my confusion.

I have wondered since she spent the previous week/weekend with her parents if they didn't give her the money to get her own apartment? Nothing has been offered about this but it's something I thought about as soon as I heard the testimony from the real estate guy and the urgency of her message she left for him.

You took the words out of my mouth. I have thought all along that she may indeed have come back from HH with $$ to "run away" with the girls. Not necessarily going to Timbuktu, but at least somewhere to hide for a while to figure out what next -- besides paying the extra $$ for emergency passports, and taking just a few things for the three of them, then leaving for Canada asap.

If BC heard/saw about those plans, it may have put him in a rage.

My conjecture of the hour, worth about :twocents:.

:chillout:

To the point of the discussion, I think there is the possibility that BC could have been alright with her being late since he may have thought they were working on the marriage. I am not saying they were, but it is possible NC was leading him to believe that. The fact that NC and JA were unpacking things might suggest that. Somewhere there are some missing facts here.

So who is going to go to court tomorrow to give the inside scoop like johnfear did? I can take my turn but it will be very costly since I'll have to fly in and get a room.

Taking children out of the country when you are in the midst of seperation/divorce can be a very, very bad thing to do in the eyes of the courts. MOO

Exactly, I'm sure her attorney told her that, too.

They may not have. Then again, they may have helped the State or the defense. I think people's phones are the windows to their secrets (She kept it locked for a reason)

What I was saying about the $300 bucks thing was: If her family was stepping up and she was in cahoots to pull herself from the madness, why risk the confrontation of "Where's my allowance" AND make a big show to the friends about it being a huge deal. Is it a principle thing? (principal? I always screw this up)

I think the $300 was a big thing for NC as she may have been planning on using it as a down payment on a rental until her family could transfer the funds she needed to move out.

I don't think NC would have told anyone her plans about moving until everything was a "go". From the urgency of her phone call she may have been fearing exactly what happened to her if he found out before her move actually happened. Her friends have demonstrated they would drop everything to help her (when she was moving.) When I left my husband no one knew, even my father. The only people I told was my friends who were helping me and I didn't tell them until I had a place to go and was 100% sure of my plans. If I had 2 small children to consider this would have been all the more important to me. If she found a furnished place the only things she would have needed to take would have been clothing, bedding, personal items, and the girls' toys.

Well, I know that in the 1990's when my son was playing competitive hockey we often traveled to Canada. Kids under 18 traveling with one parent needed a signed, notarized affadavit from the other parent saying the travel was "approved" before the child and parent were allowed to enter Canada.

Borrowing an expression....just saying...

Even being a Canadian citizen you still need a nortarized affadavit to return to Canada with children who not your own (including grandchildren). This is WITH passports that belong the children. I cannot imagine trying to bring children without a passport. I don't see how it would be possible.

I can't really understand why they were looking for homes in that range, bonus or not. They could barely sustain living in the home they currently were in and were looking to upsize.

It's this stuff that really is confusing to me about the state of their marriage prior to her finding out about the affair. Her friend testifies that NC told her she didn't have sex with him since the 2nd kid was born, but yet she obviously was happy enough to look for new houses and she had an STD test after finding out about the affair. Stuff like that makes me wonder how much truth she was telling her friends.

Or, she was willing to stick it out for the girls, so they wouldn't be torn between two parents.

Taking an STD test after you found out your spouse was unfaithful can just as easily mean you're not sure if he cheated way before the last time the two of you were together.

I think the $300 was a big thing for NC as she may have been planning on using it as a down payment on a rental until her family could transfer the funds she needed to move out.

I don't think NC would have told anyone her plans about moving until everything was a "go". From the urgency of her phone call she may have been fearing exactly what happened to her if he found out before her move actually happened. Her friends have demonstrated they would drop everything to help her (when she was moving.) When I left my husband no one knew, even my father. The only people I told was my friends who were helping me and I didn't tell them until I had a place to go and was 100% sure of my plans. If I had 2 small children to consider this would have been all the more important to me. If she found a furnished place the only things she would have needed to take would have been clothing, bedding, personal items, and the girls' toys.

The only part of I don't buy of this theory with NC is she didn't appear to have the ability to keep quiet. She told EVERYBODY her business. And from everything we have heard, she was never in fear of her life. The only thing I can think is perhaps her father will have more information if/when he testifies. She would have had to tell someone in her family so they could wire her money. Remember on vacation, her mom testified NC was in tears because she couldn't buy the bottle of wine for them. She had no $ at all. She would not have been able to even put a deposit down w/out interference from her parents.

On another note, is the jail visitor log a public record? I'm curious who has been visiting BC.

Even being a Canadian citizen you still need a nortarized affadavit to return to Canada with children who not your own (including grandchildren). This is WITH passports that belong the children. I cannot imagine trying to bring children without a passport. I don't see how it would be possible.

Being a Canadian living in the US myself, I travel back and forth between the two countries fairly often. I always have to have a notarized letter from my husband explaining that I have permission to take the children with me across the border. I have rarely been asked to produce it, but always cover that base just in case. It's definitely not as simple as showing up at the airport with your passports.

The only part of I don't buy of this theory with NC is she didn't appear to have the ability to keep quiet. She told EVERYBODY her business. And from everything we have heard, she was never in fear of her life. The only thing I can think is perhaps her father will have more information if/when he testifies. She would have had to tell someone in her family so they could wire her money. Remember on vacation, her mom testified NC was in tears because she couldn't buy the bottle of wine for them. She had no $ at all. She would not have been able to even put a deposit down w/out interference from her parents.

On another note, is the jail visitor log a public record? I'm curious who has been visiting BC.

A couple of people early on said Nancy was barracading the door of her bedroom when she went to bed at night. This seems odd to me when most of the tesimony states she was not afraid of Brad.

I need another clarification. If Nancy was on holiday with her parents the week before and wasn't at home on the Friday allowance day - she returned on a Sunday evening, correct? Did she not get the allowance the Friday she was out of town - and then because she made the $240 painting the week she got back home Brad informed her she would not receive the allowance again the coming up Friday? So would that have been two weeks in a row that Nancy would not have received the allowance for groceries, etc.?

Thanks in advance for helping me sort out this part of my confusion.

I'm quoting myself to bump this up. Where's SleuthyGal? I'm hoping to get a clarification on this question.

Happy Monday, folks!!

Being a Canadian living in the US myself, I travel back and forth between the two countries fairly often. I always have to have a notarized letter from my husband explaining that I have permission to take the children with me across the border. I have rarely been asked to produce it, but always cover that base just in case. It's definitely not as simple as showing up at the airport with your passports.

Okay, so I guess minors don't need passports but could need a letter if traveling with one parent. I have friends in upstate NY who travel to Canada w/their kids often and don't need a passport and never mentioned a letter but maybe they've never been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann