Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered since she spent the previous week/weekend with her parents if they didn't give her the money to get her own apartment? Nothing has been offered about this but it's something I thought about as soon as I heard the testimony from the real estate guy and the urgency of her message she left for him.

I've kinda been thinking that, too. I think maybe the prosecution has been waiting to put her father on the stand so he can bat "clean up".

I have wondered since she spent the previous week/weekend with her parents if they didn't give her the money to get her own apartment? Nothing has been offered about this but it's something I thought about as soon as I heard the testimony from the real estate guy and the urgency of her message she left for him.

I'm not sure it would have mattered. I suppose it's possible to get an apartment without showing any means to pay for the apartment but I would be surprised.

I know. Since there are so many questions, it would have been so much more helpful to have ALL phone information.

There are so many things that could have been on there. I know we had her address book, but we could have had her photos, contacts, etc....and dare I say text messages.

You think her friends are lying about their own observations?
You think Nancy lied to multiple friends about Brad being a slob?
You think the bug man lied?

Sorry, but your hypothetical doesn't hold water in this case.

Brad himself said he was a slob in his depostion, when describing the supposed gasoline spill in his trunk. He said something about having a bunch of junk/stuff in his trunk. Numerous towel, shirts, other stuff that he said he had to throw out because of the gas *accident* in the trunk.

I'm not sure it would have mattered. I suppose it's possible to get an apartment without showing any means to pay for the apartment but I would be surprised.

Would this line up with the not-giving-her the $300 bucks argument?

What if a defense witness testifies that they have observed Brad clean the house?

I think NC embellished her stories to her friends (they have admitted this already).

The bug man didn't lie, but I don't see how that proves that Nancy cleans and Brad doesn't. To me it shows they both don't clean.

IIRC, was it the bug man or the realtor, who specified that 'yes, the house was messy, cluttered, but the only part of the house that was DIRTY was Brad's bedroom. I think it was the realtor who said 'something major would have to be done in that room.' Something other than the straighten up and fresh paint on the walls.

There are so many things that could have been on there. I know we had her address book, but we could have had her photos, contacts, etc....and dare I say text messages.

What do you think they would have found on the phone that would have provided evidence in this case that wouldn't be more of the same of what we have already heard?

Secondly, JA said they were to paint on Saturday with the leftover paint from the other work. Isn't it odd they would have an entire room's worth of paint leftover to do that?

Most of the time we purchase paint in the big five gallon containers.

What do you think they would have found on the phone that would have provided evidence in this case that wouldn't be more of the same of what we have already heard?

They may not have. Then again, they may have helped the State or the defense. I think people's phones are the windows to their secrets (She kept it locked for a reason)

What I was saying about the $300 bucks thing was: If her family was stepping up and she was in cahoots to pull herself from the madness, why risk the confrontation of "Where's my allowance" AND make a big show to the friends about it being a huge deal. Is it a principle thing? (principal? I always screw this up)

I've kinda been thinking that, too. I think maybe the prosecution has been waiting to put her father on the stand so he can bat "clean up".

JMO, but I think Krista is going to bat clean up. Could be dad, but after reading Krista's deposition, my money is on her.

They may not have. Then again, they may have helped the State or the defense. I think people's phones are the windows to their secrets (She kept it locked for a reason)

What I was saying about the $300 bucks thing was: If her family was stepping up and she was in cahoots to pull herself from the madness, why risk the confrontation of "Where's my allowance" AND make a big show to the friends about it being a huge deal. Is it a principle thing? (principal? I always screw this up)

The only thing that I can think of would be actual transcripts of texts. It would not have been hearsay but her actual words. If there were any texts between her and Brad that would have helped the defense, they would have taken it from his phone. It there was any evidenciary benefit at all, I really think it would have been minimal. I just don't think the case hangs on whatever texts or appointments in a calendar that they might have gotten from her phone.

Thanks for the clarification on the significance of her parents giving her money. I guess for now we have to assume that didn't happen. (And you were right with the first one, "principle". The method I learned to remember the difference is, "The principal is your pal". So that is for the person who runs the school or something of highest rank, importance.)

I had a bad experience with an audience member and left before these little things were resolved. I didn't hear where the video came from, but it seemed that the video is coming in on the defense side later.

??? What does this mean? 'Bad experience with audience member?' Very curious.

Well, I am a man too, and I can tell you that we don't all process things alike. While you and I might prioritize a list, others would do the first two or last two things on the list. There is no way I would sleep on yellow sheets.

I think, at least in my opinion, that a man's approach to cleaning is similar to how a car is washed. Washing the floors first before cleaning the rooms is like washing the bottom of the car first. It seem logical to me that the floors would have been the last thing cleaned in the house.

I think, at least in my opinion, that a man's approach to cleaning is similar to how a car is washed. Washing the floors first before cleaning the rooms is like washing the bottom of the car first. It seem logical to me that the floors would have been the last thing cleaned in the house.

I can only speak to one man and the order goes something like this: pick up clutter, dust, vacuum. Mopping floors and cleaning bathrooms is never on the list.

Indeed..I am sure IF Nancy had possession of the kids passports she would have left with her folks when she saw them off when returning to Canada..BUT alas..BRAD had the passports for the kids..apparantly he changed his mind about her going home with those kids....Man oh man..That testimony by her mother was heart renching to watch..knowing what we know now:maddening:

I really dont think money mattered to Nancy until she had been totally cut off for being able to provide for her kids..Doubt very much IF she cared about herself so much..She seemed to have felt trapped there..as she did not want to leave without those two girls :-(..She knew IF she could get home, she would be able to provide..get a job and have family support :leaf:

johnfear said:
I had a bad experience with an audience member and left before these little things were resolved

??? What does this mean? 'Bad experience with audience member?' Very curious.

Yeah, you can't just leave us hanging with just that comment JF... :)
Did you have a run-in with the Dateline producer? Or... was it related to trying to get you to find out who was sitting next to the Rentz's on Friday? Or... ?

:floorlaugh:

Indeed..I am sure IF Nancy had possession of the kids passports she would have left with her folks when she saw them off when returning to Canada..BUT alas..BRAD had the passports for the kids..apparantly he changed his mind about her going home with those kids....Man oh man..That testimony by her mother was heart renching to watch..knowing what we know now:maddening:

I really dont think money mattered to Nancy until she had been totally cut off for being able to provide for her kids..Doubt very much IF she cared about herself so much..She seemed to have felt trapped there..as she did not want to leave without those two girls :-(..She knew IF she could get home, she would be able to provide..get a job and have family support :leaf:

I don't know the travel guidelines now, but in '08, a US citizen under 18 only needed a birth certificate as ID to travel from US to Canada.

You are the first ever to suggest she was cut off from providing for her kids. Have you heard any testimony to support that?

Again, from my OP, why didn't she go and deal with the separation terms after the fact?

I don't know the travel guidelines now, but in '08, a US citizen under 18 only needed a birth certificate as ID to travel from US to Canada.

You are the first ever to suggest she was cut off from providing for her kids. Have you heard any testimony to support that?

Again, from my OP, why didn't she go and deal with the separation terms after the fact?

Taking children out of the country when you are in the midst of seperation/divorce can be a very, very bad thing to do in the eyes of the courts. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann