OK Broken Bow, OK - Johnny Archie, US Marine, Missing Summer 1984,

subaw0067

Reaction score
***TYPO IN TITLE He went missing in 1982, not 1984.

Hello Sleuthers,

This is another case not in NAMUS and I am waiting to hear back from the Broken Bow Police Department to ensure they have an open missing persons report. If they do, I will encourage them to list him in NAMUS.

Open photo

Johnny Archie graduated from Broken Bow High School in May or June of 1982 and went into the United States Marine Corps. He came home on a 2 week leave after boot camp, and friends and family saw him during that time in Broken Bow. He got a ride to Dallas where he caught a flight back to California and was never seen again. After his disappearance, his paternal grandparents hired a private investigator who was able to see Johnny retrieving his luggage on a CCTV camera at an airport in California, and the trail went cold. I have searched public records and am not able to find anything about him except for the Broken Bow yearbook. His mother, a brother, and an uncle are still living in Broken Bow.

I will post any updates as I get them from Law Enforcement, but wanted to see if any other sleuthers could find proof of life of Johnny Archie after the summer of 1982. I would also love to hear Doe suggestions, but nobody seems to remember how tall he was or how much he weighed. I am hoping the police department can provide that information.

Last edited:
Hello Sleuthers,

This is another case not in NAMUS and I am waiting to hear back from the Broken Bow Police Department to ensure they have an open missing persons report. If they do, I will encourage them to list him in NAMUS.

Open photo

Johnny Archie graduated from Broken Bow High School in May or June of 1982 and went into the United States Marine Corps. He came home on a 2 week leave after boot camp, and friends and family saw him during that time in Broken Bow. He got a ride to Dallas where he caught a flight back to California and was never seen again. After his disappearance, his paternal grandparents hired a private investigator who was able to see Johnny retrieving his luggage on a CCTV camera at an airport in California, and the trail went cold. I have searched public records and am not able to find anything about him except for the Broken Bow yearbook. His mother, a brother, and an uncle are still living in Broken Bow.

I will post any updates as I get them from Law Enforcement, but wanted to see if any other sleuthers could find proof of life of Johnny Archie after the summer of 1982. I would also love to hear Doe suggestions, but nobody seems to remember how tall he was or how much he weighed. I am hoping the police department can provide that information.
Is there a date and city associated with the CCTV footage when he was retrieving his luggage at the airport in CA?

Because there was a serial killer that had a thing for Marines, operating in California from 1971-1983
Randy Kraft... Right place, demographics and time frame, as long as he wasn't seen after Kraft's arrest.

After his disappearance, his paternal grandparents hired a private investigator who was able to see Johnny retrieving his luggage on a CCTV camera at an airport in California,
Do you know roughly where that airport was? Im looking into Does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414-202744_Vivaldi.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414-202744_Vivaldi.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6
Camp Pendleton
If he was based out of Pendleton, then Kraft definitely should be looked at. Kraft was linked to the murders of multiple Camp Pendelton Marines
Eta
He was tied to the murders of 4 different camp pendleton Marines

Could also have been Orange County (now John Wayne); a number of regional airlines flew there because it was cheaper. Hughes AirWest for one.

One of the shortest commercial runways in the country. Taking off from there was like you were evading sniper fire getting airborne as fast as you could.

If he was based out of Pendleton, then Kraft definitely should be looked at. Kraft was linked to the murders of multiple Camp Pendelton Marines
Eta
He was tied to the murders of 4 different camp pendleton Marines
Does he have any unidentified victims that we know of?

Military disappearances and deaths can often be shrouded in mystery and also are usually quite conflicting with information. There are COUNTLESS examples of this.

Was he ever reported AWOL?

Military disappearances and deaths can often be shrouded in mystery and also are usually quite conflicting with information. There are COUNTLESS examples of this.

Was he ever reported AWOL?
I'm not sure but someone suggested filing a FOIA for his military record. Another person told me to contact NAVPERSOCO, planning on putting in a request tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim Sheppard
Back