OK Broken Bow, OK - Johnny Archie, US Marine, Missing Summer 1984,

I'm not sure but someone suggested filing a FOIA for his military record. Another person told me to contact NAVPERSOCO, planning on putting in a request tomorrow.
Good deal!

It makes me wonder if he ever reported in to his new unit.

This says "after bootcamp". Did he attend a (we call it MOS) training? Not sure how the Marines did it, at that time especially. Some army bootcamps like infantry is bootcamp and MOS training (usually called AIT) but AIT equivalent (b school, etc) is the next phase of training for most branches.

Was he on his way to a b school/AIT? Or was he supposed to report to a unit? Did he? All things to ponder.

Good deal!

It makes me wonder if he ever reported in to his new unit.

This says "after bootcamp". Did he attend a (we call it MOS) training? Not sure how the Marines did it, at that time especially. Some army bootcamps like infantry is bootcamp and MOS training (usually called AIT) but AIT equivalent (b school, etc) is the next phase of training for most branches.

Was he on his way to a b school/AIT? Or was he supposed to report to a unit? Did he? All things to ponder.
He had been home on his leave after boot camp, it makes the most sense that he was on his way to additional training.

I'm not sure but someone suggested filing a FOIA for his military record. Another person told me to contact NAVPERSOCO, planning on putting in a request tomorrow.
Does he have family who can request his file?

Got in touch with the Broken Bow police department this morning and they are doing a records check for me to see if there’s an active missing persons report.
Did his family tell you if they tried to report him?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teadrinker09
Back