Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great site. The problem is it only list information that is available on individual state sites. If you pull up a person in VT there is no specific address, no place of employment etc.

This is a great site that I use. It gives a map of RSOs, where they live, where they work, and what kind of SO they are.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

We passed a law requiring SOs to have a notation on the Drivers License/ID cards here. Hey, not much...but is a start. http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/newrelease.pdf This means they are identified in the system used by LE instantly when they run a check on them. Also, anyone requiring a DL/ID cards for proof of identification can plainly see it.

Just my opinion, but, I am not looking forward to Denise and Cassandra raking in millions from the state for their own blindness and complicity. I don't believe James Bennett deserves the money either.

I do not think Denise has a low IQ, she has and had good paying jobs, with some authority. Cassandra and grandma may be a different story.

I do believe the state is responsible for releasing him, but I don't want to see the family profit. The only way I can see this not happening is to charge Denise and Cassandra for negligence.

I want to say that jim is not looking to make money off his daughters death. He is trying to heal with the family. All he wants is changes made to the laws and will work to get that done.

My comment is not intended to offend any posters here. I think some of you may be giving MJ a little too much credit when it comes to the coded emails. I do not for a second believe they are coded. I think they are literal. If he was stupid enough to leave a trace via computers, then why would he be 'smart' enough to use codes. Hope you all understand what it is that i'm saying. I just do not think there is a sex ring going on. I think it was made up purely to put fear in AR.

Sorry to burst your bubble here. We need new laws, old laws revamped, and ways to fund them being enforced. It comes down to manpower and money. I wouldn't be running to the State Reps just yet...unless it is to demand THEY come up with some money to tackle these issues.

We saw that first hand in the Brianna Denison case didn't we? For everyone not familiar with that case, Nevada had passed a SO dna law without the funding to process and log the dna. So basically nothing was being done. Also many of these laws are voluntary participation with no legal recourse, manpower and money to force them to comply. Just look at all the non-compliant SO's out there. They are still living amongst us.

We saw that first hand in the Brianna Denison case didn't we? For everyone not familiar with that case, Nevada had passed a SO dna law without the funding to process and log the dna. So basically nothing was being done. Also many of these laws are voluntary participation with no legal recourse, manpower and money to force them to comply. Just look at all the non-compliant SO's out there. They are still living amongst us.

Why the states don't have the money is beyond me.
If they would stop with the excessive waste they would have plenty of money for legitimate causes.
Ditto our goverment.

If they would stop with the excessive waste they would have plenty of money for legitimate causes.
Ditto our goverment.

Most laws passed are not funded and do not stand up to the supreme court test. It's very easy to pass a law, but difficult to implement. Not that we shouldn't try. But not much foresight is given when they are written.

My comment is not intended to offend any posters here. I think some of you may be giving MJ a little too much credit when it comes to the coded emails. I do not for a second believe they are coded. I think they are literal. If he was stupid enough to leave a trace via computers, then why would he be 'smart' enough to use codes. Hope you all understand what it is that i'm saying. I just do not think there is a sex ring going on. I think it was made up purely to put fear in AR.
I agree with you. I don't think that there are any codes from MJ or from AR. The saddest thing, besides sexually assaulting AR for years and years, is that MJ used AR as his accomplice in the "take down and tie up" of young Brooke. MJ positioned himself as a victim of Breckenridge, too. He was just taking "orders." How pathetic.

I don't understand pedophilia, but I guess that each pedophile has an age preference. I guess that AR was just too old for his taste. Why else would he risk what he did? Apparently, it was more important to him to take down this young girl than to quit while he was ahead. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes! It is a perfect example. They did come up with the funding from private citizens and businesses to finally run the backlogged DNA, but the problem still exists across the country. Labs are not given funding to carry out what the laws are allowing them to do. It is a maze created of the lack of manpower and funding across the board which is being overlooked by our states.

I want to say that jim is not looking to make money off his daughters death. He is trying to heal with the family. All he wants is changes made to the laws and will work to get that done.
Hey Brooks Aunt. Can you tell me what Jim knew about MJ. Specifically, did he know that he was a pedophile, meaning that he was actually attracted to young girls? I am just wondering if he was totally aware of the type of predator that MJ is/was. It just seems to me that Jim would have definitely taken more action if he thought that his daughter were in danger of being molested by MJ.

Is it possible that Brooke discovered the relationship between MJ and AR (perhaps, by AR mentioning something)? MJ then couldn't take the chance of Brooke telling someone. I just cannot figure out why she was targeted and why on earth he would murder her.

What I fear is going to happen in Vermont is a bunch of knee jerk feel good laws are going to be passed.They will be laws that makes the legislature look and feel good and won't accomplish anything.

What would be a great start would be to actually enforce the current laws on the books. MJ's original sentence was pretty average. The US average is 15 years for kidnapping. The only problem is he was able to get it pared down to three years served and a couple of years probation.

What I fear is going to happen in Vermont is a bunch of knee jerk feel good laws are going to be passed.They will be laws that makes the legislature look and feel good and won't accomplish anything.

What would be a great start would be to actually enforce the current laws on the books. MJ's original sentence was pretty average. The US average is 15 years for kidnapping. The only problem is he was able to get it pared down to three years served and a couple of years probation.

I agree. The system for whatever reason seems unable to distinguish the true predator from the common criminal, sentences, paroles, etc. are random. You can get more prison time for theft or drug possession than forcible rape. Predators like Jacques do less time than some convicted of statutory rape when consent was not disputed...it makes no sense.

I also agree that the DNA backlog is a total travesty. This doesn't take anything but money, no laws, technology, nothing but money for the tests to be performed and put in the database.

Does anyone find it strange that a judge would release MJ from probation based on the fact he was married and had a child, when the condition of his probation stated he couldn't be around children under the age of 16? Since when is it ok to release someone from probation when they are currently breaking the terms of it?

Hey Brooks Aunt. Can you tell me what Jim knew about MJ. Specifically, did he know that he was a pedophile, meaning that he was actually attracted to young girls? I am just wondering if he was totally aware of the type of predator that MJ is/was. It just seems to me that Jim would have definitely taken more action if he thought that his daughter were in danger of being molested by MJ.

Is it possible that Brooke discovered the relationship between MJ and AR (perhaps, by AR mentioning something)? MJ then couldn't take the chance of Brooke telling someone. I just cannot figure out why she was targeted and why on earth he would murder her.

Whwn Jim found out that information he in no certain terms told everyone that she was not allowed to be around him. Anyone coming from a two family home should know that the parent that does not have full custody is always the last to know everything. Jim was also in Iraq for a year and has always been a great father. He does not deserve alot of the things that people are saying about him. I have spent alot of time with Brooke and she was always a very happy little girl.

Ditto our goverment.

I don't understand this, DNA testing w/DOJ initiative has NO FISCAL IMPACT. There is no cost to state/LE. Univ. of TX will send the kits, receive and enter into CODIS, FREE. Someone is not righting the law correctly.

Please see here for more info/Links to MODEL Legislation.

lI just do not think there is a sex ring going on. I think it was made up purely to put fear in AR.

I don't think Breckenridge existed as it was presented to AR, i.e. I don't think there's a super-secret sex school backed up by the President.... but I do think these guys were big-time into making and distributing CP (I can't even stand to write it out any more), think we'll be finding out more about that as the investigation progresses. I hope I am wrong and this is JMO.

Thank you, Brooks Aunt. I feel for all of the poor parents in this case. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I am certain that if any one of the parents would have it to do over again they would NEVER let their children anywhere near MJ or RG. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who want to - even NEED to - point the finger and place the blame somewhere, and the parents of poor Brooke and poor AR are easy targets.

Brooke, AR, and their siblings and parents are all in my prayers.

He doesn't strike me as the type that would want to profit. I only mentioned he and Janet in the reply to someone as being the only people able to in this situation, imo.

Make sure he pushes for funding for those new laws. I respect that he is willing to work towards laws to help prevent this from happening to others. I will support him in his quest to do so.

Whwn Jim found out that information he in no certain terms told everyone that she was not allowed to be around him. Anyone coming from a two family home should know that the parent that does not have full custody is always the last to know everything. Jim was also in Iraq for a year and has always been a great father. He does not deserve alot of the things that people are saying about him. I have spent alot of time with Brooke and she was always a very happy little girl.

Thank you. And it's my understanding that Denise had sole-custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4rckfire