Brooke's Funeral

This must be an odd situation for the news media to handle.

Obviously they would want to protect the identity of other children in the family, but when they appear in public situations such as the reading at the funeral or Savanna's appearance on TV, naturally their identities are going to be broadcast.

A question for the people who know the families - were all of the kids there?
AR wasn't there as far as I could tell. I wonder where she was?

I do think the appeal to pray for ALL the people.... sounded harsh in light of the circumstances BUT I think it was probably a wise thing to do before the community tears itself completely apart .... especially hating all the Jacques family even the innocent children.

And it's much more likely that Denise will cooperate fully w/ LE if she knows there won't be a witch hunt against both her children & there will be compassion for them as victims also.

Now that the funeral is over.... it will be so hard for Brooke's own family, her friends & the whole community.

It would be so nice if MJ pled guilty & at least gave this poor family some little peace.

AR wasn't there as far as I could tell. I wonder where she was?

Hopefully she's in a treatment center getting extensive therapy.

I think showing up would have been a horror for Brooke's family AND for AR as well.... the focus had to be on Brooke.

Brooke had a lovely casket, little violets were all around it. I think her favorite color must have been purple.

I believe it must be her favorite color.........she had a purple streak put in her hair, and her mom and sister wore purple shirts to the funeral. Also, the floral arrangement on her casket seemed to have pink and lavender roses in it.

Maybe he was talking about praying for AR instead of Jacques.

others have said this too, and while it is certainly possible IMO the way he stresses it makes it clear he means ALL of the people involved.

like i said, i dont think he is wrong as a minister to have that opinion, and he may be right that there is healing in forgiving even the worst of people, but i feel strongly that at the girl's funeral is not the appropriate time to mention it.

there will be plenty of other times and ways to get that message out to the community if he feels it is important, it didnt have to be done on the day brooke was to be put to rest.

if i were a member of her family i would absolutely be offended at anyone even hinting at jacques name on the day of the funeral. today was about brooke.

oh and just so it doesnt sound like i am just bashing the guy, like i said earlier i thought he did a a great job, his message was very good and im not a religious person but i really felt he made a lot of sense and hit on all the right points.

others have said this too, and while it is certainly possible IMO the way he stresses it makes it clear he means ALL of the people involved.

like i said, i dont think he is wrong as a minister to have that opinion, and he may be right that there is healing in forgiving even the worst of people, but i feel strongly that at the girl's funeral is not the appropriate time to mention it.

there will be plenty of other times and ways to get that message out to the community if he feels it is important, it didnt have to be done on the day brooke was to be put to rest.

if i were a member of her family i would absolutely be offended at anyone even hinting at jacques name on the day of the funeral. today was about brooke.

I agree.

I could not even watch the funeral this was nothing more then a tent revival god this and jesus that I thought this was about BROOKE. RIP

I could not even watch the funeral this was nothing more then a tent revival god this and jesus that I thought this was about BROOKE. RIP

You know,..come to think of it,.. I don't think there was very much said about Brooke. (her personality, her as a person) I think C is the only one that actually talked about BROOKE. I am not sure about everyone else but at most funerals I've been too (especially younger ones), they talk about the person and sometimes share memories. JMO

You know,..come to think of it,.. I don't think there was very much said about Brooke. (her personality, her as a person) I think C is the only one that actually talked about BROOKE. I am not sure about everyone else but at most funerals I've been too (especially younger ones), they talk about the person and sometimes share memories. JMO
I would guess that was all said the day prior!

I would guess that was all said the day prior!

I guess you would be right. I was just under the impression that it was like a viewing type thing (the wake). And every viewing I have been to you just walk up give your condolences to the family and maybe go up to the casket.

Amen to that!

I think it's a good thing that people are reminded about God and Jesus.

Really??? You learn something new everyday. I've NEVER heard of an open casket at a funeral.
Most of the time here in Detroit, unless it has been specifically requested, and/or in the case of Catholics (that I know of), the caskets are open during the funeral; usually being closed just prior to the eulogy beginning. At that time, there is usually a very emotional closing of the casket where the immediate family members are allowed to go to the casket, together, and watch the casket being closed. Sometimes, a specific family member may even be the one who lowers the casket on their loved one.

I have even seen caskets REOPENED for perhaps out of town family members who arrive a bit late, after the casket has been closed.

Most of the time here in Detroit, unless it has been specifically requested, and/or in the case of Catholics (that I know of), the caskets are open during the funeral; usually being closed just prior to the eulogy beginning. At that time, there is usually a very emotional closing of the casket where the immediate family members are allowed to go to the casket, together, and watch the casket being closed. Sometimes, a specific family member may even be the one who lowers the casket on their loved one.

I have even seen caskets REOPENED for perhaps out of town family members who arrive a bit late, after the casket has been closed.

Perhaps it is a regional thing. I had a Catholic upbringing and most funerals I have attended have a closed casket. In fact, when my father died, they would not have us stay in the room while they closed the casket...

Perhaps it is a regional thing. I had a Catholic upbringing and most funerals I have attended have a closed casket. In fact, when my father died, they would not have us stay in the room while they closed the casket...
The last funeral I went to the casket was open for the viewing the day before, then a closing of the casket at the funeral home with the family and close friends... then on to the church for mass and then grave side military services.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Core.B
Back