Bullying Victim Fights Back

This is a few weeks/months old now.
There were interviews here with both boys.

As usual, there's a detailed back story on both boys, but it seems the aggressor was also bullied in the past.

Haven't heard any more in recent weeks, but I think there's some new found respect in the playground.

The bully sounds like a future Osama bin Laden or Charles Manson.

the best advice i can give parents is to tell their kids to exercise and be strong and practice martial arts or boxing. bullies like to pick on the weak or unpopular.

Thanks JL! He made me proud that day for sure. I came across this about the victim. He is being dubbed "The gentle giant":)

The kids recording the incident were looking to humiliate what they thought would be an easy target. They thought, “We’ve done this for years. Why haven’t we made his humiliation reach a wider audience?” “Imagine how awesome our friends will think we are.” “This will be great! He won’t fight back, we are clearly his betters.”
But the gods were listening.....more at link.

http://www.caseyheynes.com/a-tribute-to-a-gentle-giant/#more-144

My niece is a victim of bullying at this school. I was talking to her and her dad tonight about what she's going through. She told me that all of the students had been told after this happened they will be expelled if they record any bullying at school.

IMO it's a CYA move- not to protect the students.

Btw, he hasn't learned his lesson. He's still bullying, and the school is still taking no action. Apparently he's just finding smaller targets these days.

As usual, there's a detailed back story on both boys, but it seems the aggressor was also bullied in the past.

Haven't heard any more in recent weeks, but I think there's some new found respect in the playground.

A bullied bully is the most dangerous.

Nope. That school is hell on earth for teens. It has a kill or be killed mentality.

IMO the teachers need to be held accountable. They don't enforce the anti-bullying policies and always turn a blind eye. Having said that, there is apparently at least one decent teacher there but she's not in a position to suspend or expel them. So even when she tries to take it further nothing is done.

My niece was being called a sl*t. She told a teacher, and the teacher said to just ignore it.
The next day when my BIL went to the school to confront them, he said "well maybe I should call that teacher a sl*t to her face and see if she just ignores it."
Not sure if it was the principal or deputy, but the reply was "But it's different with adults. That's unacceptable" :waitasec:
So clearly they view the students as less-than.
Good news is BIL is taking my niece out of the school today.

Sadly, I can relate to the kid in the video. Because I was one of those kids that the bullies just loved to target. It was an every day thing for me. There's only so much a person can take. While violence is never the answer to the problem I have to say I admire the victim for standing up for himself.

That's just not fair or right that defending yourself gets you in more trouble than the agressor. That skinny kid was punching the bigger one.

That's what I would EXPECT some little bully to get. You cannot expect boys to just take that kind of stuff and not fight back - sheesh! That's why bullies bully - because they can.

Don't go you what you see. It is common for bigger kids to torment smaller kids verbally until they snap and attack their tormentor. The bigger kids know that they are not going to get hurt, and if things do go too far they can crush the smaller kid, so it is funny to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations
Back